It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Sarcasm is lost on you, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

some of them less than a day old, hardly even time to celebrate the hangover of the new born anomalies

funBox

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Cynic

You got me, so I'll sling a star to you for entrapment. It's not usually lost, and I use it all the time, and get in trouble here once in awhile for it. I forget that when I write that the emphasis on words that I'm using doesn't always look the same in type as they sound in my head.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Thanks yes! So many exciting shapes and odd things in one place like this other spot that looks like a nuked machine or two!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

hmm there is a vetrified meltedness to it , especially the rocks in the top left , kinda holy don't you think

funBox
edit on 26-1-2014 by funbox because: wolves now returned (mildly tanned), were meciless in spelling lessons

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

funbox
at what level zoom is the rock visable at ?

I only looked at 100%.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Cynic

I am still trying to understand why the rover killed the martian and chopped him into pieces and threw him in the gully.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

at 100% I can only see a dark shape and what loos like a trail from it,

now with a bit of a zoom maybe 700% we could discern a feint line ill knock something up soon

had a go at removing said rock from picture to simulate shadow
something is odd, if the line on the pictured blow up is sitting on the ground plain

funBOx
edit on 26-1-2014 by funbox because: of an additional self wolftraite

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Clearly three rock mineral sucking jelly amoeba Marsimals !

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

and you've spray painted its lipsicles with your redsprayed lipstick marks, ooooer
marsimals best watch out

funBox

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

funbox

and you've spray painted its lipsicles with your redsprayed lipstick marks, ooooer
marsimals best watch out

funBox

That is my highly trained photo manipulation with paint...sure wish i could magnify things and see them better.

Clam bed

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 26-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Anyway one of you guys could post a link to where I can find updated Curiosity pictures to inspect also? I could google it but there are a lot of different links. Thanks for anyone that can help a fellow ATS'er!!

edit on 26-1-2014 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

For a start, I suggest this archive where the daily updates get uploaded. There you'll find images of the different cams & instruments sorted according to sols (days on Mars) on which they've been acquired.

MastCam and MAHLI (at the bottom) have the highest resolution, would probably be good to start with. Oh yes, and brand new images are always highlighted in "red color"!

If you'd like to access the real RAW files, you'll need to go to the MSL PDS Imaging Node. The archived images there are in a pesky .IMG format and require certain image viewers to be displayed. For more information, see ArMaP's previous posts on that topic here and here.

Good luck & enjoy ... !

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Very mechanical looking bottom right

The middle stuff looks like bone, it is hollow and cracked.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Your rock with a red outline.

Looks like it should

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

funbox
at 100% I can only see a dark shape and what loos like a trail from it,

The rock is almost all of that dark shape.

now with a bit of a zoom maybe 700% we could discern a feint line ill knock something up soon

If you see only a faint line then you need to calibrate your monitor, as I can clearly see the difference at 100% zoom, and I need to get new glasses.

The shadow is the darker line between the rock and the ground. If you look at other rocks with similar shape and position but closer to the camera you will see that the shadows are almost non-existent.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

interesting outline, so you think your outline could cast the shadow it is casting from that rock alone?, the sun is high in the sky in this photo, the shadows are projected at an acute angle towards the ground. I do not think this is the answer

check the other rocks in the photo for shadows, the other rocks will give you a clear indication

o btw , did you see the crop I penned in the picture itself? almost the exact same shape as the you penned

*funbox wraps his head around his brain*

oops , my apologies I was looking at the wrong image in referring to shadow direction
it is in line with other rocks
Armap to you too.

heh amazing what can be discerned with a bit of zoom,
, now we just need to explain the trail it made

maybe it was bored with its previous position

funBox
edit on 26-1-2014 by funbox because: wolves were reabidly angered to frothing

edit on 26-1-2014 by funbox because: additional

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

its the time of day Armap , the shadows are shallow from a high sun, hmm so how so the long shadow? if that line is truly the base of the rock, and being the shadows the way they are on all the other rocks .. what makes this rock so special?
one odd rock

funBox

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Pottery shards and left top two tiny Martian peeps.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This looks like an insect bottom right , I am not sure if I am seeing it right, is it above the ground on a rock? Is it transparent?

Under the tip of the large rock it looks kinda like another of those nest circles thingies or a spider!

see the google eyes by the small rock, just a few of the interesting things in the full sized picture, wish i could zoom in also I wish i knew the size of things.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join