It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else glad to see 2013 go away!!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is the first year in along while I have never been so glad to see a year go bye bye! Good riddance to a bad vibe year 2013. For some reason Feel pretty good about 2014? Bad guys going down this year?

2013 was just too much for me.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm with you! 2014 opens a new chapter of my life, and I'm looking forward to it.
Best to you in your new year!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Not me, considering that 2014 is probably only going to bring more of the same, if not worse.

I have no expectation of things improving for the world in 2014, especially based on the course they are currently on.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I have no reason to be anything else.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
2013 added up to a six. 2014 adds up to a seven. Seven is better than six. Now I am starting to sound like the dumb commercial where the guy is around the table with the kids saying more is better than less. I think it was something about internet speed.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

Yeah, I'm with you there.

Of course it's only symbolic, but feels like I limped to the 2013 finish line broke, busted, and heartbroken. Hopefully the new year will be better. Keep moving forward.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Of course it's only symbolic, but feels like I limped to the 2013 finish line broke, busted, and heartbroken. Hopefully the new year will be better. Keep moving forward.

You aren't alone.
2013 was not much different from the last 4 years - dealing with job-loss, death in the family, child in crisis, brother's brain tumor, spouse nearly died, car did die, other unforeseen and put-off expenses....

it's getting rougher.
How many crises and catastrophes have to pass???????

It's exhausting.

Cheers to the New Year - although just a calendar date, it still reminds us that the sun WILL come up tomorrow, even if it got to its lowest point on the horizon and is now making its way back...

aren't we all??
edit on 1/1/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Not me, considering that 2014 is probably only going to bring more of the same, if not worse.

I have no expectation of things improving for the world in 2014, especially based on the course they are currently on.

Change is inevitable. It's the one constant we have in this existence.

But, perhaps you might consider trying to be more 'optimistic' as the future unfolds. Truly - think about what things are going well. Do you have a roof over your head? Food in the pantry and refrig/freezer? Clothing to wear? A way to get to a job (if you have one)....

let's not forget:
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS are not that bad when we look at the condition of billions in the world who survive not just paycheck-to-paycheck, but hour to hour.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Actually, 2013 was the first time in... I can't remember when..... things were better for me. Financially and personal life.

I'm thinking 2014 is gonna bring me back down, Obamacare and all the taxes coming with it. But, I hope not. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

VariableConstant

...feels like I limped to the 2013 finish line broke, busted, and heartbroken.

This seems to be the general feeling around the world as far as I can tell. It was certainly a rough year. Still dealing with Fukushima, more natural disasters, U.S. almost went to war with Syria, government shutdown, Obamacare, etc. There wasn't much reprieve from major issues no matter where you lived.
edit on 1/1/2014 by ValerieDivusen because: formatting

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

feeling the exact same way.
I am taking a dump on 2013 and hoping for a better 2014!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Glad too see some has a good 2013. It sure wasn't me!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Helpus2014
This is the first year in along while I have never been so glad to see a year go bye bye! Good riddance to a bad vibe year 2013. For some reason Feel pretty good about 2014? Bad guys going down this year?

2013 was just too much for me.

Yes, OP. I agree with you entirely.

There was truly ONLY one good thing about 2013. The damn thing ended, like all years eventually do. No but. No ..and. Just happy it finally ended.

Not a day too soon, either.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

When is it 2015?

2014 sucks right now.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There was truly ONLY one good thing about 2013.

Yeah?? And what was that?
I agree there were some good things, just wondering which is your fave. And I reserve the right to not tell you what my fave is.

HNY, Wrabbit!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
2013 wasn't so bad for me. I just take it one day at a time. That's the best way for me to make it thru life.

Easy does it.....

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't worry only 364 1/2 days to go! Unless a time loop happens this year!
Good luck..

link   
reply to post by beezzer

When is it 2015?

2014 sucks right now.

Awwwww....bunny boy....
didn't you know?

Moderation in all things!!! Try some ox-blood-clots. Asians say it's a wonder-cure....

LOL

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
2013 was a ruff year. This year i'ma cut my business contacts. Screw them i don't need em. Only brought me headache. New year new contacts and hopefully no new headaches.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Change is inevitable. It's the one constant we have in this existence.

But, perhaps you might consider trying to be more 'optimistic' as the future unfolds. Truly - think about what things are going well. Do you have a roof over your head? Food in the pantry and refrig/freezer? Clothing to wear? A way to get to a job (if you have one)....

let's not forget:
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS are not that bad when we look at the condition of billions in the world who survive not just paycheck-to-paycheck, but hour to hour.

The "first world problems" argument is cliche to the point of being foolish. If you are so optimistic for the new year, please do share why and how things will be better. What exactly about the leadership of your country (or mine, as I didn't look to see if you're american or not) gives you hope? Because with the stroke of a pen, those jackasses can turn my "first world problems" into third world ones.

I see no reason to be optimistic with the current state of affairs in this world. Do I have a roof over my head? Yes, for now. Do I have food in the fridge? Yes, thanks to the local food pantry. Do I have a job? Yes, but my wife doesn't, and mine can disappear at a moment's notice. I don't have cable, my toddler son lives in, and plays with hand-me-downs. The only "extra" that I have is the internet, which is used primarily for my writing so I can upload and attempt to sell e-books.

I may sound like a sourpuss, but I have my reasons for it. Let's hear yours for being so optimistic, because I'd love to have a legitimate reason to look forward to anything that's coming down the pike this year.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I know I am!
2013 was a very crap year for me, so I'm more than happy to leave it behind. Looks like 13 is an unlucky number after all...

I expect 2014 will be no different, but at least it feels like a fresh start already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join