It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there no real proof of Jesus existing outside of biblical references?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Pareidolia

Pareidolia (/pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant, a form of apophenia. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

Apophenia

Apophenia /æpɵˈfiːniə/ is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

You know what I see in that tiny picture? A beautiful sunset reflected on a body of water.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Pareidolia

Pareidolia (/pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant, a form of apophenia. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

Apophenia

Apophenia /æpɵˈfiːniə/ is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

You know what I see in that tiny picture? A beautiful sunset reflected on a body of water.

not everyone can see it yet it is plain as day when it is pointed out.

Look at the face, the tight-lipped smile, the look of wrath and vengeance in His eye... the brightest spot of the picture is the hand of God with His finger pointing at the head of a dragon that has its tongue hanging out and back - the look of shock on the harlots face and the devil between the two looking like it got a black eye. Again, the lake of fire.

Yes, beautiful sunset pic but knowing I made that Prayer and seeing what manifested a short time later leaves me with absolutely no doubts.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

The addition of Christ was after his crucifixion it derived from christos meaning anointed one. this term was also used by the romans with slight modification making fun of the small christian sect. Now to most romans the term christos meant nothing to them so that referring to these people in terms of "the anointed One" wouldnt work. But they did know the word chrestos and it was the perfect way to make fun of them. Chrestos means good. This was the perfect name for them remember these guys were running around preaching to people to give up their evil ways and most people just found them to be odd. Much like today when you see someone apostatizing on the street.So the name christos did indeed come the romans but it wasnt used by early christians.

They never referred to themselves as nazarenes nor did any one else for that matter your confusing the place with the people as i said this was a jewish sect. Your argument is well they were nazarenes well yeah christianity was born out of judaism. In fact that is where the term christos comes from is judaism. So earlier you were trying to discount works calling them christians claiming they were not referred to as christians obviously you were wrong. You have proved this yourself in just what you wrote so now that we determined that Tacitus did indeed call them christians. And we know why he did so that makes it very difficult to just dismiss his works doesnt it?

And back to Josephus i suggest you take the time to understand why he wrote antiquities of the jews. He was trying to dispel rumors of the jewish people. This is what is known as an apologetic piece because people had hatred and distrust of jews. Him being Jewish im guessing he didnt like that much so he wrote down their history from what he determined was the beginning namely the garden of eden on. So when you look at context it would be really surprising if he didnt mention christians in his works.You might want to take the time to read it then go back and read the passage about jesus and think if it fits.

Thought id add something else ive noticed a disturbing trend this thread has just disolved in to bash the christian. See im by no means religious in fact i dont believe Jesus was the son of god but i do respect others beliefs. And when you see someone blatantly just trying to destroy someones beliefs that is sad. Everyone has a right to believe what they will even if you may think its stupid. We have no idea if they are right or wrong your beliefs are no more correct than theirs. So i see people coming on here making fun calling it superstition and feeling like they are so enlightened and dare i say superior. Well bottom line is if you were enlightened you know that letting people believe what they want is important and in no why is your ideals superior over someone elses. Ok rant done now carry on.
edit on 1/7/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I uploaded the pic here and it is small so I uploaded it to tinypic again as well...

i39.tinypic.com...[/IMG]]tinypic

save that pic to your computer and zoom it in, right into its pixels. In the mind of Jesus you will see the narrow path and the reflection in the water from the brightest spot of the picture ( the hand) when zoomed shows the story of creation.

How many pictures not only portray a theme but carry the entire theme down into its pixels?
edit on 7-1-2014 by anoncoholic because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

which reminds me, does anyone here know Hebrew or ancient script? There is a symbol in its pixels I was wondering if anyone could translate... it looks kind of like a percentage or square root sign

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Deny or rationalize away the pareidolia all you want, it still doesn't mean that isn't what you are experiencing. The fact that you prayed beforehand is actually fueling your pareidolia. It is already in your head to see something, so when the sky happens to take a form similar to what you are looking for, you see it. I'm sorry that you are in denial, but it's true.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Deny or rationalize away the pareidolia all you want, it still doesn't mean that isn't what you are experiencing. The fact that you prayed beforehand is actually fueling your pareidolia. It is already in your head to see something, so when the sky happens to take a form similar to what you are looking for, you see it. I'm sorry that you are in denial, but it's true.

Do you ever go fishing? the reason i ask is i think you swallowed that hook line and sinker. Think about it youll figure it out.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Buttonlip

At some point . . . with blazing clarity and emphatic detail . . . such assertions will be proven horribly askew to totally wrong.

The lack of talking snakes and bushes will be proven wrong? How and when? I am listening, convince me. Noah's flood that is irrevocably proven impossible not happening will be proven wrong? Again, I am listening. Your "hope" is evidence of nothing. Convince me.

However, that's God's gig. He has the power, the means and the plan.

According to whom?

Until then, I've learned the hard way that it's GENERALLY folly to try and teach some critters to sing. It only annoys the critters and is terminally frustrating.

Maybe because that is nonsense fairy tale magic that does not actually exist?

So go ahead and enjoy your illusions of the saintliness of the Religion of Scientism and all it's askew doctrines and dogmas.

You mean easily verifiable facts as opposed to what you have which is...a tale in an old book?

Just be prepared to not enjoy the empty bag such perspectives will be left with . . . or will it be a bag of horribly smelly goo?

edit on 7/1/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

What empty bag? My life has meaning and I am happy with it. I do not have this sick need to convince others my imaginary friend rules over them. Nothing seems more empty than that to me.

No true Christian can be actually happy with their belief when their belief relies on convincing others to believe it with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
tsingtao
vethumanbeing

veteranhumanbeing
This is interesting to me Texastig; I also have a number of bibles, the last one given to me for (OF ALL THINGS) a Christmas present; the King James Version, I also have a Christian Science version, a Jehovah Witness version, 'the living bible Catholic version' and a non demominational volume; and the morman thingy. I told my mother; you know what Im going to do with this, compare and contrast with the others (they are all different) dissertations/interpretations of the same metaphors; twisted and manipulated to suit that faiths needs (no surprise there really).
I also have the Urantia Book that trumps them all; making 7? if you count it. I could waste the next 20 years of my life exercising a 'comparitive litergy/metaphor/literature curriculum ' using these texts; and one day teach a course to young seminary students at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago/Loyola. I dont have a Gideons though.

tsingtao
why, in Gods name do you people claim to have multiple bibles and still get everything wrong? they sound like they do you no good.

Claim?; theyve fallen on my lap by good willed people hunting for the sourse of my soul is all 'a sneaky conversion practice at its most devious'. Why would multiple bibles be of any interest to me (because I can then WASTE TIME comparing and contrasting). Actually as I think about it religious dogmatic positions are tailer made for DEBATE (nothing ever answered or agreed upon but at lot of thought spinning put into it by separate individuals; kind of like the multiple language experiment/cultural lifestyle differences. It doesnt matter what others think of your lifestyle or faith systems because its always about YOU and your individualized soul growth. What is the point of pursueing a pattern thinking your mismanaged (out of control) freewill turns into a self willed EGO presence you place above anothers? is the better path for them/their unique individual expression THEY OWN IT to experience for themselves. Debate is debate; bludgeoning another into what doesnt resonate for them is robbing them of their freewill to make; heres the caveat: conscious choices for the betterment/or trapdoor (exit stage right) worsening of their spirit progression should be left to them (without your interference).

edit on 7-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

BO XIAN

I gather that you, personally, have NEVER been the least bit

afraid of being wrong.

You know what they say about people that assume?
I have been wrong many times and I am well aware that I am nowhere near perfect, nor always right.

Yet, you fiercely assail other notions as arrogant. [/quote[

Not even close. That ONE PARTICULAR statement comes off as arrogant, not all other notions. Context means a lot here.

Fascinating.

It really kind of is fascinating how much BS you attributed to me that is blatantly wrong and has no actual basis. How does one get that way?

The Book declares that the reverential awe/fear of The Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Some folks never approach the front gate to the lane to the porch to the screen door of wisdom. But then, they probably don't think they need wisdom . . . being so omniscient and all within their own little world.

I was raised as a Christian and have read your bible. Books say lots of things. Stephen Kings says there are giant monsters in the fog. I never saw a reason to just believe that.

Of course, that wouldn't dare to be called arrogant.

LOLOLOL.

Feel free to laugh and call me arrogant but you need to actually show why and this post fails to do that. Seems a lot like random angry poo flinging to me.

Some things might be arrogant . . . unless they are a correct description of objective reality.

Time will tell.

Yet the specific post I replied to was nothing but arrogant. I am not sure you actually read anything but my reply and then got angry and decided to lash out about it. How Jesusy of you.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

dragonridr

Krazysh0t

Do you ever go fishing? the reason i ask is i think you swallowed that hook line and sinker. Think about it youll figure it out.

Yea the goofy reason the person I quoted is the likely explanation for what they were seeing and not the most obvious one that it was all in their head thanks to a predisposition to want to see those things. You go ahead and keep believing that. I think that YOU bought this tripe hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

windword
Where is the evidence/documentation of the celestial event of supposed birth of Jesus?

There is no supposed birth of Jesus. Jesus was actually born.
Let's start out with what Luke states [bold emphasis is mine]:
Luke 1:1-4
1. Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
2. Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
3. It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
4. That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

We know the celestial event comes from the Bible which is not hard to figure out. Even the wise men figured out that Christ was to be born and they were eyewitnesses of Him after His birth. The shepherd's were eyewitnesses to Jesus after His birth. The most important thing from Luke's Gospel is this:
We have Luke stating what was believed among them, it was delivered to them from the eyewitnesses from the beginning and he had a perfect understanding of all things from the very first which he wrote down. Why? So the certainty of those things can be known.

windword
Where is the evidence of the impossible eclipse that supposedly occurred at the time of the crucifixion?
Where is the evidence/documentation of the earthquake that ripped through Jerusalem that same day?
Where is the evidence/documentation of all the dead people walking the street and visiting their families that day?

These are off topic statements. We are talking about is Jesus real.

windword
The Bible has NOT been transmitted accurately by any stretch of the imagination. What Bible do you think the Hebrews were using? The Old Testament in your King James Bible?

It's already been proven that the transmission of the text is good. Everyone knows that manuscripts have to be translated for other languages.
Here's a picture of Isaiah 53:5 from the Dead Sea Scrolls

This matches what we have in our Bibles today.
Isaiah 53:5, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
But I know what your going to say. Your going to say that 'crushed, punishment, whole and bruises ' is different in the KJV from the Isaiah 53:5 Dead Sea Scroll. To that I say, "the words mean the same thing."

For the New Testament
John 18:31-33 from John Ryland's P52 papyrus fragment, the oldest known manuscript fragment of the New Testament.

This matches what we have in our Bibles today.
John 18:31-33
31.Therefore Pilate said to them, "Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law." The Judeans said to him, "It is not lawful for us to put anyone to death."
32. This was to fulfill the word which Jesus had spoken to show by what death he would die.
33. Pilate entered the praetorium again and called Jesus, and said to him, "Are you the king of the Judeans?"

windword
The Song of Moses, (Deuteronomy) has a lot of translation errors, for example King James:

32:8 When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
9 For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

The Dead Sea Scrolls:

"When El Elyon gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he separated the sons of men,
he fixed the bounds of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.
For Yahweh's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted inheritance."

A much different meaning in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

El Elyon = The Most High God
Sons of men = Sons of Adam
Set = fixed
Sons of God = Children of Israel
Lord's = Yahweh

They all mean the same thing.

windword
Also, where are the books of Enoch, Jasher, Jubilees, Tobit, the Wisdom of Sirach, Psalms 152–155, etc., and the more sectarian rules and beliefs of Judaism, like the Community Rule, the War Scroll, the Pesher on Habakkuk and The Rule of the Blessing?

These are off topic statements. We are talking about is Jesus real.

windword

Other physical evidence includes archaeological finds. The Archaeological Study Bible presents many notes and articles documenting how archaeology has again and again proven that the Bible does correspond to historical reality.

Lots of historical fiction cites real people and cities.

There's alot of paradoxes for that.

windword
There is all kinds of evidence that the Bible is a compilation of stolen myths. The creation story, the flood story, the story of Job, Moses, and so many others are borrowed from neighboring mythology. The BIble isn't even original, little alone authentic Hebrew history.

The Bible is not made up of myths. Like I've posted before. There are no dying and rising gods till after Jesus resurrection. Horus was not born on Dec 25th and Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25th.
Everybody else borrowed stories from the Bible books and made up their own stuff.

windword
There is nothing reasonable about Bible stories!

It is reasonable. The Bible tells us how we were created, how sin entered, how sin was destroyed by Jesus death and resurrection and how humans can have eternal life through Jesus Christ.

windword
Really? Jonah spent 3 days inside the belly of a whale?

It is reasonable that a whale like the Sperm Whale could swallow a person.

windword
Jesus was born from a virgin?

That's reasonable also. God can do anything He wants. And the reason why He was born of virgin was so that He could be sinless and to offer Himself up for a perfect sacrifice for us sinners.

windword
Arose from the dead? Seriously? That's your idea of reasonable?

Again, very reasonable. Jesus foretold His death and resurrection and why He would die and be raised. We have eyewitnesses to the empty tomb. We have eyewitnesses of His post resurrection, etc... Paul the Apostle, etc...

Israel is mentioned in Egypt on a stone. I seen the documentary on CNN during Christmas. It might not have been for the Exodus but they were there.

As for Bethlehem, census and Galilee, that's not really important to our topic.

The creator is outside of space and time. He is eternal. He created space and time. You still can't get something from nothing.

Don't let little things to you. Give your life to Jesus and your life will be alot better.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

dragonridr

colbe

colbe

Dr1Akula

BO XIAN

Some things are more reasonably debatable, to me than others.

Everyone has his own standards, But things that affect societies are a priority to me.

BO XIAN
With more than 3,000 hours of intense group process experience . . . I enjoy a vigorous, even intense, heated exchange as long as there's some discernible mutual respect for personhood on both sides.

I totally agree. and since respect must come both ways, and it is not only the right of the religious, I think religious people should also respect the opinions of other peoples beliefs
for ex. the belief that bible is just a fairytale.

BO XIAN
In my region of the SW USA . . . farmers and cowboys tended to say things bluntly . . . often with flavor and bite . . . not necessarily personal . . . just being real with an aversion to pussy-footing around reality.

I totally respect that, so you wouldn't mind if others use the some way of expressing themselves about their opinion on religion,

BO XIAN

I have some obligation to be hearable. But the hearer also has some obligation to earnestly endeavoring to hear.

And, I've found from hard experience that even when I'm my most gracious and gentle, the other side as often as not will still be disinclined to hear. I'm not talking about agreement . . . I'm talking about hearing and understanding what was said/written.

Besides what you might think is your obligation, the other side is not at all bound to listen or understand you.
You may believe you hold the truth and proof on your words, but that requires an acceptance of belief from the others, To an atheist that's wishful thinking.

Beside that I totally understand your POV and what you are saying, I used to be a Christian, I used to argue and ''fight'' for the ''truth'' of Jesus and I used to defend the bible.
But getting old I kept finding things that didn't make sense. When I met logic and critical thinking I started question the bible and christian ideology, and after a decade of research and truth seeking, I not only find the bible a fabricated fairytale, but I disagree with everything christianity stands for.

A message of light you might say
A few words of light warped in ignorance, arrogance, murders, and misery backed up by an imaginary being in the sky who the primitive Jews thought was the answer to their existence.

In ancient Greek philosophy and cosmology, we have much much much better messages on how to live your life and teachings of goodness, ethics and standards, that a society must rely on - for the well being and healthy future of humanity. I am an atheist physicist and I don't believe in miracles, Holy spirits, sins, devils, demons and messiahs cause my God is nature and my bible is science but I'm keeping an open mind on everything I can change my mind about something, all I need is physical proof.
You see my ideology is not a dogma and I also believe in the existence of good and evil but only in the minds of humans.
and the most evil this world has ever seen was from the religious minds.

I know we can never find agreement on the subject since I am an atheist, but that doesn't mean I can't respect you as a person.

I shared already on another page, link to a video story (Huffington Post) of the 2011 Italian research on the Shroud of Turin, the burial cloth of Our Lord.

Have faith, ask God in prayer to give you faith to believe. The marks made, happened at the moment of Our Lord's Resurrection. Proof of Christ and His claim to being God and man.

Back to the Italian study, your bible is science, a quote about the findings:

...You did notice that the quotes in my link were made by the RCC? These are your own people saying these You did notice that the quotes in my link were made by the RCC? These are your own people saying these

www.huffingtonpost.com...

GBY,

colbe

Bumping this up. No response from the disbelievers. I guess because it proves Our Lord is God and
He did rise from the dead. Isn't it interesting, all the multi-studies of Science of the most famous mystical all point to Christ.

How can you go it alone, spend your days saying no, I do need Our Lord, He did not and does not exist. Talk of the loneliness.

Yu can change, some of the most brilliant, talented people have discoverd Jesus Christ, the Father and
God the Holy Spirit. Talk to Them, you can any time of day. God, the Blessed Trinity is the begging
love, They beg you to love Them!

love,

colbe

Well im sure the shroud is probably a forgery. But im still fascinated as to how it was done since painting was ruled out since it is only on the top fibers. If it is real then why would the image be there in the first place nothing about this makes any sense.

Thanks dragonrider,

No forgery, the study done in 2011 tells you how it was done. UV rays made the marks.

..."This degree of power cannot be reproduced by any normal UV source built to date."...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Science has repeatedly studied the Tilma of Guadalupe, their results, the image of Mary made is not of this world.

People here saying no, it is so sad. We are eternal, we will live forever, choose where you want to go.

Start with a prayer, speak to God every day from now on. Promise? He will give you evidence of His hearing you. Just speak to God. It is really true, the more you pray, the more you want to pray.

love,

colbe

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Buttonlip
BO XIAN
reply to post by dragonridr

BO XIAN
I'm convinced that a significant chunk of the naysayers' persons are also at least unconsciously terrified of Jesus and Christianity.

As much as they are of Mohammed/Islam or Siddhartha/Buddhism, or does Christianity have a special faithbased hold on all of humanity (they just dont recognise their belief dogmatic systems are FALSE) compared to your clear vision of Christ Consciousness? You understand the Hindu are very much in line with this, its just a different Vedic position, or a different point of view (much older).

buttonlip
This is the most arrogant thing I have ever read about Christianity. We do not all believe in your book of myths but many of us have read it. How proud would you Jesus be of your conceit? There is nothing to be terrified of. There is just also nothing to back up your book of walking dead and talking snakes. It really is that simple.

Why IS there no real proof of Jesus existing outside of scripture? A cruel joke played upon humanity to keep itself busy debating his existance or not. Brilliant sceme that is still working; point being never will resolve itself. Why? because there will not be a return (second coming); its not allowed anymore to manipulate the human in this manner--would have happened already; actually did with the birth of Mohammed and Siddhartha; last ones though.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

You know the whole premise of the thread is "why is there no evidence of Jesus outside the bible" then you quote a bunch of bible scripture like it is proof of Jesus or something. If someone starts out disbelieving the bible account, you aren't going to convince anyone if you use the bible to prove your position. We all know what the bible says. We want extra-biblical sources to corroborate the (unlikely) story of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You are STILL talking about that forgery that we disproved pages ago? Here is another source more recent than the one you posted that gives a good breakdown of why the Shroud is a fake.

The Fake Turin Shroud

The simplest way to tell the Turin Shroud is not the image of a body around which is was wrapped is to look at it. However the image is believed to have been transferred to the surface of the linen it could not have happened when it was wrapped around a three-dimensional figure, either by some sort of radiation analogous to light striking a photographic plate, or by direct contact with it, analogous to some sort of contact printing process like lithography or etching. It is a two-dimensional representation of a figure such as is obtained by photography, or as painted by an artist who represents depth with tonal and perspective tricks designed to make the image look three-dimensional.

A cloth wrapped round a three-dimensional object such as a cadaver does not stay flat like a painter's canvas or a photographic plate but folds and puckers to conform to prominences like the nose, hand, shown in the image as resting across the lower abdomen (to modestly hide the genitalia) and feet. To obtain the image seen on the linen the body it was wrapped round would need to be flat.

Don't take my word for this. Try it with any irregular three-dimensional object yourself. Coat it in paint then place it carefully on a white cloth. Fold the cloth around it and tuck the edges under it, as though you are wrapping a body in a shroud. Now unwrap it and see how the paint on the cloth compares to the object you coated. No matter how many times you repeat this and no matter how carefully you do it you will not get a two-dimensional representation of a three-dimensional object. You have exactly the same problem that map-makers have in trying to represent the globe in two dimensions or mountains on a flat surface without resorting to shading or diagrammatic contour lines.

There is more reasons written on that site why it is fake, but this is the first and probably best way to determine its fakeness.

Another breakdown on this forgery:

Is the Shroud of Turin Real?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

dragonridr

Krazysh0t

Yea the goofy reason the person I quoted is the likely explanation for what they were seeing and not the most obvious one that it was all in their head thanks to a predisposition to want to see those things. You go ahead and keep believing that. I think that YOU bought this tripe hook, line, and sinker.

you can think whatever you want of me but the truth is what God thinks of you. Further, even atheists can see the face and theme portrayed so how does your explanation fit that mold?

By denial of course, and the fact that your slanders against God is being rewarded by stars as encouragement tells me all I need to know about the atmosphere I bring truth to.

Pity, this Prayer that was answered was around 6 months ago but my latest Prayer you will just have to wait and see as thanks to the attitudes I don't even have a desire to share.

well done with shooting the messenger ... but then again, that is the only defense you had wasn't it?

w/e

my profile has a comment that I am now assured was the right assessment of where I should be and it isn't here.

you are all so arrogant in your thinking you have all the answers yet the truth will vindicate or vilify your mindsets.

Thank you for taking the time to see but being blind to it all perhaps God Himself knew it is a waste of time to even bother with you...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

anoncoholic

Krazysh0t

dragonridr

Krazysh0t

you can think whatever you want of me but the truth is what God thinks of you. Further, even atheists can see the face and theme portrayed so how does your explanation fit that mold?

I already told you. It's called pareidolia. Being atheist doesn't mean they can't see facelike objects. If you had read the links I had provided, you'd have learned that already.

As for the rest of you post. See ya, sorry that your arguing abilities aren't good enough that you take offense to some stranger on the internet. Don't worry though, there will be some other religious type to take your place.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

anoncoholic
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

My proof

take a close look at this picture of a sunset taken July 25 / 2013 after I said a Prayer for God to deliver us "of" evil. (online on another forum, timestamped - an hour before this pic was taken 20 miles from me by someone I don't even know)

You don't have to believe as is your free-will to or not, however, making blanket statements that absence of proof is proof of absence might sit well with those who are void of belief but to those of us who have no doubts the statement is nothing but opinion.

Finding God isn't as difficult as you make it, it is as easy as seeking with a true heart.

Sorry but I'm not following you and I'm confused ?

What does your picture of a sunset have to do with delivering us of evil? Are you saying we don't have evil anymore? Did you pray for a sunset?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You do realize there is scientific evidence that could explain the great flood mentioned in the bible dont you? William Ryan and Walter Pitman proposed that a great flood in the Middle East resulted from rising water levels at the end of the last Ice Age about 7,000 years ago. See originally the black sea area was fresh water which was confirmed through the presence of an underwater river valley as well as ancient shore line. Also fresh water fish have been discovered dating back 7000 years and prior. Basically this means when the glaciers melted they allowed the sea to flood the entire area locally it would have been a great flood.

Then there is Bruce Masse, an environmental archaeologist at Los Alamos National Laboratory his research in to a comet that struck off the coast of madagascar about 5000 years ago would have caused massive flooding throughout the planet with 600 ft tsunami and massive hurricanes spawned when superheated water vapor and aerosol particulates shot into jet streams. Now there is evidence to support this theory as well with 600 ft waves they leave marks on shorelines called chevrons. And the Holocene Impact Working Group found them with satellite imagery, they were able to locate such formations in Africa and Asia.There is also secondary proof here in ancient petroglyphs, drawings and historical records, Sohe believes this was the start of many of the flood myths which exists in all cultures. So now that we have scientific evidence showing these floods occurred ill save you some time.We could say well god didnt do it problem becomes if you were god and wanted to create a flood well here is two ways it could be done. So we can argue well it wasnt god,Me personally im not going to make that call because there is no way to prove it either way.

Theres is other evidence to support the bible as well such as discovery of Jericho. Do i believe Joshua caused the walls to fall well no, but there is evidence of an earthquake that caused the main wall to split in two. And the rubble falling down the hill would have created a natural ramp into the city. See if he was camped outside a siege could take months imagine they woke up one day there was an earthquake and the walls that had held them back had collapsed. What do you think there first thought would be maybe god wants us to take the city. Remember we are dealing with their perception of events not ours. Every culture will edit their history by perception and their beliefs from Chinese to Egyptians to Israelites.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join