It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Seeing Eye in Sydney NYE Fireworks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I didn't watch them, did anyone else see any other symbols?

This is disgusting, most media have not mentioned it whilst it is staring them right in the face and those that have just mention nonchalantly. The damned thing was even looking around.

Sydney NYE Fireworks

About 1.6 million people were expected to flood the harbour foreshore to catch a glimpse of the eight-hour show. It culminated at midnight: blinking over the harbour was an enormous ''all-seeing eye'' designed by the event's creative ambassador, Mombassa, which was the centrepiece light effect on the bridge.

The theme of Sydney's New Year's Eve celebration was ''Shine''. It lived up to its name.

The first big bang of the evening was the kid-friendly fireworks at 9pm when the bridge was decorated by a lighting show of two little aliens taking off in a space craft.

But the epic display at midnight was the main act, being seen by more than one billion people around the world.

At 12 storeys high and 72 metres across, the eye weighed 60 tonnes and required 16 kilometres of light rope, four kilometres of electrical cable and 10,000 cable ties.

Cant upload photos but do an image search for "Sydney NYE Eye" you'll see what I mean.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Just because it's an eye doesn't mean the creator intended it to reflect the "all seeing eye" conspiracy. Your the one who has labelled it "the all seeing eye". I see an eye and that's about it, no pyramid structure around it or underneath it.

Don't let your critical thinking skills dissapear will you?

Quick background check on the artist turns up nothing unusual, doesn't seem to be from any particular privileged parts of society or pushing any agenda's, just an artist.

So OP, perhaps you could enlighten me why you think it's meant to reflect a conspiracy?
edit on 1-1-2014 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I shall restrain myself here, but I do expect and apology. Obviously none of the three posters so far have bothered to read the post before jumping to the "you're a crazy conspiracy theorist" accusation, which would easily lead to a de-railment of the thread, or people switching off from the thread like I have done in the past by the third pro-disinfo post. Are you all hungover from the NYE celebrations and cant be bummed to read a post before you attack it?

From my OP quoting the Sydney newspaper.

About 1.6 million people were expected to flood the harbour foreshore to catch a glimpse of the eight-hour show. It culminated at midnight: blinking over the harbour was an enormous ''all-seeing eye'' designed by the event's creative ambassador, Mombassa, which was the centrepiece light effect on the bridge
Now, that seems a good enough reason to think that it is an all seeing eye, or do I have to provide more reason other than the creator of the show saying so? smh in disgust at the poor quality of and low standard of attack on this website.
edit on 1/1/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yeah when I jumped on YouTube this morning to see the Sydney fireworks...
I was disgusted the second... the VERY second it came on screen.

I felt deeply ashamed that such an icon was presented to Australia as a whole and lorded over us in the largest international event of the year.

I felt even more deeply sickened knowing that not 10% of Australian's will see it as what it actually was.

A very very sad way to start 2014.

Then I had a thought... The 'All Seeing Eye' is seen as the symbol for the group of people who believe they control Earth at the moment.
And this very symbol was preceded by two alien craft taking off...
Is this a blatant in the face attempt of this controlling factions view of what to expect for 2014?
Is this their way of saying that 'Project Bluebeam' will be in play this year?
Or is this a notice of the forthcoming disclosure event?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

I read the the article. As I always tend to do. I never called you a crazy conspiracist now did I? You say:

"Hey man it's the all-seeing eye, I'm fed up with symbolism"

Without any further references to what theory of symbolism you interpret the all seeing eye is connected. Is it a reference for this year? Is it a reference to the past is there for you only one theory that explaines the truth about the use of that kind of particular symbolism? Its not in your OP now is it?

So I reacted with an example of an all-seeing eye beaten by a little common man, with or without any symbolism. I'm sure you know it's a book.

You talk about the designer who created it but again there is no reference to what his intentions are besides "it's an all seeing eye man" is it an artist that just like to grab symbolism from the Egyptians? Is he funded by some obscure organisation? Is it just someone exploring his artistic ideas. You don't tell so do you expect us to figure it out for you?
If you give something more you will get back more obviously.

So anyway. Happy day that was picked in the Roman Age as the beginning of the year.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
SMH

Reg Mombassa, the artist behind Sydney's 2013 New Year's Eve, said he wanted to use this year's fireworks to look inside people's heads.

The theme of Sydney's New Year's Eve celebration was ''Shine''

The first big bang of the evening was the kid-friendly fireworks at 9pm when the bridge was decorated by a lighting show of two little aliens taking off in a space craft.

It culminated at midnight: blinking over the harbour was an enormous ''all-seeing eye'' designed by the event's creative ambassador, Mombassa, which was the centrepiece light effect on the bridge.

The one-minute addition was inspired by one of Mombassa's artworks, Cranium Universe, which depicts the inside of his head filled with stars and planets.

Maybe the dude is a CT at heart and is expressing his thoughts through his art... ??

edit on 1-1-2014 by Perhaps because: add link

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

At the end of the day it was just a symbol, and symbolism is always open to many interpretations. Where some people would see 'enlightenment' others would see 'illuminati'.

If the eye was accompanied by the phrase "Novus ordo seclorum" then I would've become suspicious, but like I said it's just a symbol as you can interpret it however you wish, but I don't believe there was any sinister motive behind the artists choice to use to eye.

And the artist himself is hardly one of the elites-In fact he's much loved down under as a musician and has a very popular and distinct brand of clothing.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Maybe the dude is a CT at heart and is expressing his thoughts through his art... ??

If you look at Reg Mombassa's Art you will see its full of symbolism and being critical towards society for a couple of decades now.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Symbolism......

What an eye got to do with Australia ? - Nothing
Why not a barrier reef ? "Save the world" theme
Why not a tree ? or even a baby ? or even lack or art - "Sydney 2014" in big letter ?

Why it have to be the eye ?

I have to say this, the more I see, the more I hate it, its everywhere. Give us a break will you ? Yeah we know you want the world, take it, but dont keep telling us you want to take it.

Annoying, everywhere major event you see the ads.
Enough already, Its like seeing the 100000th winner ads.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Where is the eye that sees all?
Who's eye is it?
Is it eye or I?

The eye can only see what is presently appearing - it sees all there is.

Do not concern yourself with other eyes/I's - just locate the one that is seeing and see from there.

'What we are looking for is what is looking.' St. Francis of Assisi.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Dumbass
If you look at Reg Mombassa's Art you will see its full of symbolism and being critical towards society for a couple of decades now.

And for the older ones among us, the first thing that comes to mind when his name is mentioned...

Reg is the one in the blue/grey suit. As seen at 1:21.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You won't get an apology because your incorrect, the editor in your article stating his opinion called it an "all seeing eye", if you read the text you quoted you'll notice it doesn't suggest the creator of the show calls it that.

Again, you've failed to demonstrate where the intention of the creator of the show was to capture the essence of the conspiracy of the "all seeing eye" for public display. Where you see a conspiracy, i see an artist with no obvious conspiracy agenda.

Care to show otherwise?

In fact, here is what it actually means:

The all seeing, ever-sparkling eye symbolises one community and one shared vision to live a harmonious, stimulating, exciting life in a city that allows every individual the opportunity look to the future with optimism... and to Shine.

So as you can see, no conspiracy here.

More evidence:

au.blouinartinfo.com...

“When I thought about the word Shine there seemed to be so many options but in the end I decided to go with the eye,” Mr Mombassa said.

“The eyes are the most interesting part of the human face and there is that idea of the eye being the window to the soul, as well as the spiritual aspect of the third eye, from which shines an invisible metaphysical laser beam.

“It also relates to the harbor setting as the eye is a watery harbor nestled in the superstructure of the face, a blue or brown eye pond surrounded by ridgelines, gullies and promontories of flesh and bone.”

In addition to the 9pm Family Fireworks and Midnight Fireworks Displays, the City of Sydney has just announced a special one-off 10:30pm fireworks display, “Cranium Universe,” that will show the inside of Mombassa’s head “buzzing with a constellation of stars, planets, the sun and the moon,” according to the City of Sydney.

“Cranium Universe refers to the fact that all the sights and sounds and words and deeds of the known universe actually exist in our head,” Mombassa explained.

“Our perceptions of reality may be a purely subjective mind film, endlessly projected on the bony screens situated at the rear of every cranium.

“But on New Year’s Eve we will attempt to objectify some of the larger elements of the known universe, like the stars and the planets, by drawing and sculpting them with fireworks.”

As you can see, from HIS MOUTH, he's depicting a metaphysical piece of art, culminating with the eye, representing a shared vision of peace and happiness for all, and then objectifying celestial objects by using fireworks. There's no intention from the artist to attach any conspiracy with it, his intentions have been clearly laid out for you. So where is the conspiracy?
edit on 1-1-2014 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

In trillion of trillions of things in the world, they choose the eye. Lets make it easier for people who reject "the eye" conspiracy.

I want to see an ear instead of an eye, if thats not artistic enough, a mouth is ok enough, perhaps a heart or even a challenging stuff - a phallus.

Challenge accepted ?

Been to North Korea ? Theres no eye there, but the Great Leader, everywhere. Been to Sydney ? Theres an eye there, wait, its everywhere in the world. I say - lets kill the eye owner, its getting annoying, just like Great Leader stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

St. Francis of Assisi said 'What we are looking for is what is looking'.

The eye is not evil - it is saying 'look for what is looking!' - it is the universe speaking to you.

The idea is that 'what is looking' is 'out there' looking 'at' you but it means 'look toward where you see from'. If one looks toward where one is seeing from one will realize the stable presence, if one stays with the stable unmoving presence, one will not be tossed about by the moving presence.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

NullVoid
reply to post by Itisnowagain

In trillion of trillions of things in the world, they choose the eye.

I get the impression that the whole thing was done simply to take advantage of the eye / eye-brow shape of the Sydney Harbour bridge. Nothing sinister.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Yeah, and if it was an ear instead of an eye then you guys would be making threads about "the all hearing ear" on ATS.

Depictions of eyes in art permeate all cultures since humans could scrape, paint and draw, but to the "symbolism" people it can only have one meaning right? What a little world you live in.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's a cyclops eye.......or even better...a dalek eye !!!! It's Doctor Who's "bat sign"!!!,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join