It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular UFOs Video. Is It Real Or What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hey guys! I'm a fence sitter where UFOs and aliens on Earth are concerned and don't really see the stuff posted on You Tube etc. But this amazing video has made me sit up and take notice. I don't know whether I should jump across the fence now!

Any CGI experts out here who can prove that all what we're seeing are hoaxes?

Here's the video and a couple of screenshots....

In case the vid doesn't work, here's the link...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
your video doesnt seem to be working

here you go

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

OrionHunterX
Hey guys!

Hiya Orion.

But this amazing video has made me sit up and take notice.

We have thirty minutes of video including several hoaxes which have been evidenced on ATS and other places, and it's on a fairly suspect youtube channel. I'm not sure it's worth starting to investigate something like this without taking the effort to track down the origin or close to the origin of the video in the first place. Why give this person the youtube hits?

Any CGI experts out here who can prove that all what we're seeing are hoaxes?

I'd argue that there is much more to investigating this type of thing than CGI. Many videos fall of Occam's Razor before ever needing any type of CGI analysis.

Here's the video and a couple of screenshots....

If it's the first minute or so of the videos, why not track the original down and investigate that? Then see if it's interesting enough to post on ATS?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Pinke

OrionHunterX
Hey guys!

Hiya Orion.

But this amazing video has made me sit up and take notice.

We have thirty minutes of video including several hoaxes which have been evidenced on ATS and other places, and it's on a fairly suspect youtube channel. I'm not sure it's worth starting to investigate something like this without taking the effort to track down the origin or close to the origin of the video in the first place. Why give this person the youtube hits?

Hi Pinke! You're right! But how the heck can I track down the original recording? It's on You Tube here...I haven't the faintest clue if they have been taken from the original or or not.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

OrionHunterX
Hi Pinke! You're right! But how the heck can I track down the original recording? It's on You Tube here...I haven't the faintest clue if they have been taken from the original or or not.
You could always ask the youtube poster for the sources, but seeing as they have 1.5 million hits on that video I'm not sure if they will see your comment, though isn't there a way to send a message in youtube?

I hate compilations though, because they are usually a mixture of CGI hoaxes and genuine footage, which is utterly useless because it destroys any context like details of a sighting (date, time, location), context, witnesses, etc. The youtube description gives some jumbled up descriptions about various locations but there's no way to tell from that which is which.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I watched a minute and a half.
First strike against it would be the addition of a music soundtrack.
If it is a real ufo video, what need is there to add background music?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think some of these have been debunked but man there are some freaky sightings on that vid. I just got home from a late party and had to stay up and watch it-haha!
Happy New Year btw

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Posted on 2011 23rd December:

The same video has been linked and relinked on that date, but one person appears to at least had the common decency to reference an original source.

The description of the video roughly translates to,
UFO suddenly appeared and disappeared!

Comments:

OP: Yes, yesterday I had already learned about the failure to start
Commenter: Also saw it yesterday from the car

Another angle:

Translation of comments is that it's a satellite.

The number of views of the video would indicate to me that this isn't an inaccurate statement. There are other Russian videos of the object, but the ones with the most hits are from people that can't read Russian. I suppose that leaves possible disinformation theories, or it's the truth.

Hope that helps Orion, please U2U me if you would like help on how to do this in the future.

Side note: and let this be evidence that Pinke doesn't always say CGI.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Its not a "fairly suspect youtube channel" lol but since you said it is and that vis=d is as real as it gets my friend and in my opinion nothing has been proven hoax just like it has not been proven ,real! the typical long winded response to "Every " ufo vid on ats real or not . i have been watching that channel for a long time and he does not hoax anything intentionally , yea maybe a fake one slips through but we have all been fooled here and there ,except you that is

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is awesome! Nice one OP, I have not seen this before.

I will stick around and check out comments. I have nothing to add except, thanks!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It looks like venting fuel from a rocket/missile launch.

edit on 1-1-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

paradiselost333
reply to post by Pinke

Its not a "fairly suspect youtube channel" lol

By suspect I'm not referring to the person's intentions, for I don't care about them. By suspect I mean:

* Multiple confirmed fakes in montage (not a 'few' slips)
* Lack of referencing and sourcing
* Focusing on many cases instead of researching one or two properly
* Poor / no investigation
* Goal other than investigation / hit orientated

The above factors make it 'suspect' and uninteresting to me. Hope it helps.

in my opinion nothing has been proven hoax just like it has not been proven ,real!

yea maybe a fake one slips through but we have all been fooled here and there ,except you that is

Some questions:
Do you find your enlightened uncertainty practical in these types of discussions?
Do you believe you're the only one who has uncertainty?
If I preambled every post discussing my uncertainties, keeping in mind your point that I'm long winded, would it make you respect my posts more? Or would you still be impolite?
Does your uncertainty make you superior?

If you take your UFO research study seriously then you shouldn't need to always point out uncertainty, because anyone that discusses it at any length already has an idea of what level of certainty we're on. It's like people that walk into religious discussions victoriously announcing that they're agnostic and everyone else is stupid ... they don't get that for many people uncertainty goes without saying.

I'm not the one that thinks they're special here. Sincerely, try and have a think about it ... I'm not being mean.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Pinke because: Tags

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Well, the images are intriguing and worth looking at... for the most part.

The downside is some lack of source and context and of course some (or all) might be hoaxed and some are likely rare natural or man-made phenomena... but they look more "real" than the usual crap on Youtube and thus it's a good compilation.

It can't be used for "serious" research, but as far as being weird and rare glimpses of odd things, it's fine. It's definitely entertaining.

Some of the images are more "paranormal" than ufo-gical... if any difference between the two actually exist, that is.

So thanks for finding it and submitting it for our viewing ...if not discussion. I'd like a scene by scene analysis and report as to supposed veracity... but that's a tall order!

The weird beings in Yosemite (and also in a front yard in a nearby CA town) are freaky. The London white speeding blobs are like some things I've seen in the sky on two occasions years ago. That creepy tunnel thing, if real... well, I know things like that exist as I shared a house with them for a few months... but I'd rather not think about it at all, actually.

top topics

join