New year. My thoughts.

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be negative but the big D (eath) is coming fast. For me, but also for the young.

Without religion, without belief in Supreme Being, how can I be optimistic about my future?

I can only feel some small peace in the knowledge that all 7 billion of us are in the same boat.

Still, optimism isn't dominating my mind as 2014 begins. Maybe the light will unexpectedly triumph. Maybe not.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

droid56
I'm not trying to be negative but the big D (eath) is coming fast. For me, but also for the young.

Without religion, without belief in Supreme Being, how can I be optimistic about my future?

I can only feel some small peace in the knowledge that all 7 billion of us are in the same boat.

Still, optimism isn't dominating my mind as 2014 begins. Maybe the light will unexpectedly triumph. Maybe not.

I think it is better to try change a self attitude then to expect those around us to change it.
Why do you feel peace 'knowing' that 7 billion people are in the same boat?
Who or what is the light you are referring to that could triumph?
Two possibilities exist upon death. The first is that there will be no more suffering as everything ceases to exist for that person. The second is that the illusion continues with a different stage setting, or whatever you chose to believe as a continued perception.
Its a win win situation I think lol

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The light I referred to is just a hope. A not impossible hope.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

droid56
The light I referred to is just a hope. A not impossible hope.

I have the power to give you hope..... *zzzzzzt*
You know have a little extra hope for your journey.

new topics

join