It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Nuts attack singer for no-gun restaurants

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

intrepid
Irrelevant. Interesting that you would bring political affiliation into this though.

Completely relevant. Look to where you are visiting. Look who is in charge and what the popular mindset is. Or are we just allowing you to lay blanket statements about racism within the US, based on YOUR handful of experiences confined to 2 states?

intrepid
No cookie but a modicum of respect wouldn't be out of line.

I do love when people demand respect from others.

intrepid
For your sake, not mine. I care little how much a person debases themselves.

So, I should show you respect, for my sake?
So, you care very little about how I operate, yet worry about how I operate when others think of me??
Sounds like the old adage of “I’m doing this for your own good” crap.

intrepid
And when was the last time you were in Migh? NYS? Ore? SD?

I travel quite a lot for my day job. I also interact with companies not only based throughout the US, but the globe as well.
And just because I have traveled to Canada, and interacted with Canadian based companies on a weekly basis, doesn’t give me insight into how they act as a whole.

intrepid
You're speaking for a "large country". I was speaking from personal experience. What experience from those areas are you speaking from?

Having lived and traveled throughout the US, and living here currently, I believe my insight as to how the US acts is a little bit more in tuned than that of a foreigner with experiences ranging from 5-10 years ago based within a couple of Northern States.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So refusing service based upon your own viewpoints and/or beliefs is okay.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

TDawgRex

seabag
Since we’re throwing around stereotypes…why do so many people think that everyone in possession of a gun is untrustworthy and a danger to society?? Why are you people so scared??

Because they are afraid of people who can think for themselves and thusly have no control over them. They'd rather give more rights and freedoms to criminals, illegal aliens, and the such.

I'm ok with Keith having such a policy in his business, just as I'm quite at ease with ignoring it. Sign? What sign? I didn't see a sign.

because people have been killed (men, women, and children), when they have encountered others carrying guns....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No prob. dude. Just wanted to see where you are coming from. I got my answer.... coincidentally the one I expected.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

a "gun" is not viewpoint or belief...do you understand that concept? it is a physical thing, not a thought or idea.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

jimmyx
because people have been killed (men, women, and children), when they have encountered others carrying guns....

I know this will sound snarky but...Duh.

And most often it is a criminal or mentally deranged individual who is the one doing the killing. A policy will not stop such people.

It has been brought up here at ATS that the majority of mass shootings occur in "Gun-free zones".

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

and they have been killed with knives, swords, punches, pool cues, drinking, cars and just fighting in general.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

This particular thread doesn't have anything to do with personal viewpoints and/or beliefs. It has to do with a business decision to protect customers and to protect the business from getting sued if someone gets shot on the premises.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

kaylaluv

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

This particular thread doesn't have anything to do with personal viewpoints and/or beliefs. It has to do with a business decision to protect customers and to protect the business from getting sued if someone gets shot on the premises.

As was brought up earlier in this thread. I wonder if such a policy will protect a business if a legal CCW permit holder leaves his weapon in the car complying with the policy and during his stay they or others get shot in a criminal act?

I see future lawsuits over this. I would say that this is willful negligence on the business.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It is an action protected by the Constitution.
It is a belief of self defense.

Just because you have convinced yourself that it is okay to deny service because of one thing and not the other, is really sad.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So, a sign is there just for liability issues. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
get the money and take him to court if you do not like the restaurants policy...that way you test out your "viewpoint"
edit on 2-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Where's your Gun ? You Know , the one you Shoot the She It With ? Oh , Sorry , I see it's right Next to your Keyboard........Lock A Load then , I'm all ears.. ..;0

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That is your response??? To file a lawsuit for an action I agree with, on the grounds of personal property?

If that is all you got, then I guess that is all you got.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

TDawgRex

kaylaluv

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

As was brought up earlier in this thread. I wonder if such a policy will protect a business if a legal CCW permit holder leaves his weapon in the car complying with the policy and during his stay they or others get shot in a criminal act?

I see future lawsuits over this. I would say that this is willful negligence on the business.

What is much more likely to happen is, a person who gets shot in a bar that allows guns will sue the owner for allowing guns. I'm sure the insurance company who advised Keith has all the stats on that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

macman

So, a sign is there just for liability issues. Nothing more.

Based on Toby Keith's public response, I would say, yep - it was a business decision, not a personal viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I understand that.
Just so we all know, it isn’t anything but a sign, for liability issues and in no way will stop anything except a possible lawsuit.

But, it still allows the refusal of service of someone, from an open to the public business.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

macman

I understand that.
Just so we all know, it isn’t anything but a sign, for liability issues and in no way will stop anything except a possible lawsuit.

But, it still allows the refusal of service of someone, from an open to the public business.

Sure, just like if someone walked into a restaurant with feces smeared all over themselves. The restaurant owner will tell them they can't come in. This person may or may not spread a disease to others in the restaurant, but it's a good business decision not to service them and has nothing to do with a personal viewpoint on feces.
edit on 2-1-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

TDawgRex
If I had my CCW permit I would ignore that sign. I would carry into any establishment I wanted. Would that make me a criminal? Not at all in my opinion.

What they can't see, they can't ban.
edit on 2-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

In the very Republican State of Texas, if you chose to willfully concealed carry a gun into any bar or liquor store (or state or federal building for that matter) you would be committing a felony.

In fact only Tennessee, Georgia, Arizona, and Virginia allow loaded guns inside bars. Eighteen states allow them in restaurants that serve alcohol.

And of course, any business can choose to not allow guns in their establishments if they so choose.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So, again, the refusal of service is okay in one situation, but not another. All based on your viewpoint.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join