It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Nuts attack singer for no-gun restaurants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

jimmyx

no...the "someone" can get service, but not if he brings in a gun....did it every occur to you that maybe, he doesn't want any chance of a robbery, domestic dispute, gang payback, nutcase to shoot up a restaurant to gain notoriety?.....

And the sign on the door prevents these things from happening?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Says the person not living here, going off of an visit 10 years ago.

So, I went to Toronto once about 20 years ago for boxing day, and heard someone speaking ill of another group. Guess racism is alive and well in Canada.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So, they are refused service. It just happens to fall inline with your viewpoint. Again, it is always different.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well off course it does. And so does drug free school zone signs.
I know the sign would stop me if I were going in with a gun to rob the place.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I've lived within 2 hours of the US border most of my life. Been there MANY times. The last was Buffalo about 5 years ago. Is it your only rebuttal to a dissenting point to attack another with inane talking points? Stars may come but logic is denied and the reasonable person sees it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If I had my CCW permit I would ignore that sign. I would carry into any establishment I wanted. Would that make me a criminal? Not at all in my opinion.

What they can't see, they can't ban.
edit on 2-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by macman

I've lived within 2 hours of the US border most of my life. Been there MANY times. The last was Buffalo about 5 years ago. Is it your only rebuttal to a dissenting point to attack another with inane talking points? Stars may come but logic is denied and the reasonable person sees it.

So, your experience is still 5 years old, and confined to a single state, or 2. Funny as both states are largely Democrat as well.

Do you want a cookie, or a medal for using a single instance to define a large country?

What is that term that describes defining a large group from a single action????? Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

So, they are refused service. It just happens to fall inline with your viewpoint. Again, it is always different.

NO.......I'm sorry that you cannot grasp concepts. it seems that you are unable to understand the difference between " A PERSON"......and......"A PERSON CARRYING A GUN"...maybe you need some help

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I can't smoke in a restaurant so why the hell should I be allowed to have a gun in one? I don't don't see an issue with it. I don't let people into my home with a gun. He doesn't want people with a gun in his restaurant. Makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Here's a thought...just cook your own damn food at your own damn house. Carry or not, it's your house, your rules. Plus, in theory, you'll be healthier for it and save money.

In TN (where I used to live) and (I believe) here in KY, the laws state that it is up to the business owner if they want to allow weapons or not. If not, they have to prominently post it. BUT, of someone does carry into that business, he/she will not immediately be arrested if they miss the sign or disobey. They must be asked to leave and, if they want, return without the weapon. At that point, if they throw a hissy fit, then they can be arrested for trespassing.

Personally, I hold onto the belief in property rights for private individuals, to include privately owned businesses. Like it has been said on this thread ad naseum: Their property, their rules. It doesn not violate anyone's rights, just as no-shirt-no-shoes-no-service policies do not violate someone's right to walk around barefoot on the public street.

There definitely is a lot of grey area, but if it were my business, I would take issue with a government telling me that I had to allow an optional item into my store if I didn't want it in there.
edit on 2-1-2014 by SlapMonkey because: clarification

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Simple question. Are they refused service??

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

jimmyx

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

reply to post by crazyewok

Is it denying service to someone or not?
edit on 2-1-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

no...the "someone" can get service, but not if he brings in a gun....did it every occur to you that maybe, he doesn't want any chance of a robbery, domestic dispute, gang payback, nutcase to shoot up a restaurant to gain notoriety?.....

why do you keep arguing about this....to get more stars?...just to argue, even if it makes no sense?...ego boost?...open a restaurant and allow all the gun carriers you want in it, if you are so freakin' passionate about this.
edit on 2-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

LOL. A sign on a door saying "no guns" is going to stop a nutjob from shooting up the place? That's truly laughable. Newsflash: CCW permit holders are the only people who would obey the gun free sign because they are law abiding and responsible people --otherwise they would have neither sought nor qualified for a CCW permit and would just carry like all of here criminals out there. Irrational fear of a CCW holder is just that--irrational because they are the people who obey the law about not being criminals in the first place.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

beezzer
In the case of the bakery, the customer is protected by laws barring discrimination.

In the case of the restaurant, the Constitution and Bill of Rights protects those who wish to carry a firearm.

Each has rights, freedoms.

But those stop when they infringe on the rights of others.

In the case of the bakery, it infringed on the religious rights of the owner.
In the restaurant, it infringed on the personal choice of the owner.

Yet, in the case of the bakery; many sided with the customer, while in this instance, many are siding with the business owner.

What I'm finding is that it isn't about "rights" or freedoms. It's about social favorites, and social memes where gun-toting Christians are a social acceptable target for arbitrary applications of laws.

Seriously, Beezzer? You think the two situations are exactly the same? In the bakery, you have someone who thinks gay marriage is icky; in the bar/restaurant, you have someone who wants to keep their establishment safe from drunks who sometimes get violent. Toby Keith is a good ole boy who loves "Murica" and guns -- so this is not about protecting his "feelers". This is a business decision only. I don't have a problem with someone making a business decision to keep their customers safe; I DO have a problem with someone discriminating against others because of their personal beliefs.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Am I the only one who thinks that calling someone an America-hater for not wanting weapons of destruction in their business is crazy? Really the obnoxiousness and downright stupidity of gun worshippers has gotten so far out of hand I think it is irreparable. Mad Max here we come.

As one of the “gun worshippers” you speak of, you might be surprised to know that I support Toby Keith’s decision (though I disagree with it and find it ridiculous). While I am a big proponent of the 2nd amendment in particular, I believe every business owner should have the right to allow or deny smoking, drinking, dress code, carrying guns, etc in his/her establishment. We as consumers have a right to frequent that establishment or not. However, I also don’t think the people who are outraged over his decision should be called names and treated like retards. Those people are exercising their rights as well.

Since we’re throwing around stereotypes…why do so many people think that everyone in possession of a gun is untrustworthy and a danger to society?? Why are you people so scared??

edit on 2-1-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

macman

intrepid
reply to post by macman

So, your experience is still 5 years old, and confined to a single state, or 2. Funny as both states are largely Democrat as well.

Irrelevant. Interesting that you would bring political affiliation into this though.

Do you want a cookie, or a medal for using a single instance to define a large country?

No cookie but a modicum of respect wouldn't be out of line. For your sake, not mine. I care little how much a person debases themselves.

And when was the last time you were in Migh? NYS? Ore? SD? You're speaking for a "large country". I was speaking from personal experience. What experience from those areas are you speaking from?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

seabag
Since we’re throwing around stereotypes…why do so many people think that everyone in possession of a gun is untrustworthy and a danger to society?? Why are you people so scared??

Because they are afraid of people who can think for themselves and thusly have no control over them. They'd rather give more rights and freedoms to criminals, illegal aliens, and the such.

I'm ok with Keith having such a policy in his business, just as I'm quite at ease with ignoring it. Sign? What sign? I didn't see a sign.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Now, let me offer this question:

If I legally carry a concealed weapon for my own personal safety, and I leave it in my car because a business tells me I can not carry it in their building, should that business/business owner be held legally accountable if something happens to me that could have been deterred or handled if I had access to my weapon (for which I am trained and know how to use very well)?

I see this question as a future issue in the courts when, (insert diety) forbid, a scenario like that does play out. I work on federal property, and I have concern that the federal government doesn't even let me keep my legally carried pistol in my vehicle in the parking lot while I'm at work--basically, they relegate my ability to protect myself and family to evenings after I get home and on weekends. Now, I DO see that as an afront to my 2nd amendment right, because it is not a private business, and if the Commonwealth of KY (and, at one time in my life, the US Army) trusts me enough to license me to carry it, why can Uncle Sam tell me "no" when Uncle Sam is the one holding the paper telling me I have a right to keep and bear said weapon?

This whole issue is a clusterf**k...maybe I should write my congressman and see if he's willing to sponsor legislation to change it. While I have a good congressman, I won't hold my breath for any action in this congress...or even a response.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Simple question. Are they refused service??

simple answer....if they are carrying a gun, yes....if not, no.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have read some idiotic stuff on here but to compare gun owners to groups that suffer daily with discrimination takes the cake.

If you can't see the difference then consider yourself a complete moron.

Also in every thread about guns, am I the only one who gets the feeling that gun owners live in constant fear? Always talking about "what if" scenarios. IE...what if my gun isn't around and a bad person comes around...sniffle tear tear..

The "what if" scenarios exist for all of life...do they also fear walking down the street because a car might hit them? Do the fear taking thier child out for fear a stranger may take them or they may get lost?..etc

I could never live like that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have read some idiotic stuff on here but to compare gun owners to groups that suffer daily with discrimination takes the cake.

If you can't see the difference then consider yourself a complete moron.

Also in every thread about guns, am I the only one who gets the feeling that gun owners live in constant fear? Always talking about "what if" scenarios. IE...what if my gun isn't around and a bad person comes around...sniffle tear tear..

The "what if" scenarios exist for all of life...do they also fear walking down the street because a car might hit them? Do the fear taking thier child out for fear a stranger may take them or they may get lost?..etc

I could never live like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join