It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The alleged Volgograd suicide bomber's passport found on the scene.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I searched to see if this was already posted, but surprisingly nothing come up.

Apparently, a passport of the alleged Volgograd suicide bomber was found at or near the scene. Russian state controlled TV station released a photo of that passport but it raised a lot of questions because it was completely intact with a black-and-white photograph of her wearing an Islamic headscarf.

The next day another state controlled TV station released a second version. This one is different color, without a headscarf and damaged.

Anyone else here is confused like I am?

Terrorism returns to Russia.

There wasn't much left of Asiyalova after she allegedly blew herself up, virtually destroying the entire bus (not a window was left of it). As with most amazing things that occur in Russia, the actual explosion of the bus was caught on a dashboard camera of a driver following the same route as the bus. The explosion was intense and I'm surprised that more people were not killed in this heinous act.

But there's an extremely curious part of this sad story. Though there was literally nothing left of the suicide bomber and the bus was practically gutted by the explosion, the alleged suicide bomber's passport found on the scene miraculously survived without any damage whatsoever: No torn or burnt pages, no blood, no visible clue that that particular document was even on the bus. The pages of the passport are still bright and shiny as if it had never been in an explosion. Considering the fact that she had her passport on her, one would expect that it would have had some form of damage to it.

Another curious thing about Asiyalova's passport is that her photograph shows her in a hijab, a head covering worn by Muslim women. This is an official document and Russia doesn't allow headgear for pictures in passports (just as any other country). So how did that picture end up in that passport? How did that passport survive the blast? Was this the actual suicide bomber?

Suicide Bomber Strikes Bus in Southern Russia

Ms. Asiyalova was four days shy of her 31st birthday, according to a passport found near the scene that shows her in a photograph wearing a black head scarf, and she was apparently suffering from a grave illness. A Web page on a Russian social media site pleaded for donations to help her obtain medical treatment for a painful disease that had weakened her bones and left her dependent on painkillers and tranquilizers.

Russians hunt for husband of suicide bomber

Soon after the attack, Russian state-controlled TV stations showed pictures of Asiyalova's passport which contained a black-and-white photograph of her wearing an Islamic headscarf in violation of Russian regulations. Some observers noted that photo would have led to her detention, if police had stopped her for an identity check. The shown passport looked entirely intact, which seemed unusual following the deadly suicide explosion.

On Tuesday, state television stations released a new picture of her passport that had a different color photograph without a headscarf and looked damaged. The passports shown Monday and Tuesday had identical numbers, and bloggers and online media quickly went abuzz with conspiracy theories.

The Investigative Committee, Russia's main investigative agency conducting the probe, said it hadn't released the first picture, only the second one shown Tuesday.

NTV, one of the three state-controlled nationwide TV stations, Monday's picture was a scan of Asiyalova's passport taken from her personal dossier at Russian security agencies that had been monitoring her for her suspected terror links. It said a photo of Asiyalova in a headscarf had been put atop the scan by a security agent.

edit on 31-12-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It looks like they photoshoped the head scarf on her to provoke anti-Islamic angst.

I'm not an image expert, but I'm sure one will come along and confirm that one of the two photos has been altered. The picture of her without the head scarf looks like it might be more legit, as it appears to have some damage to it.

And can someone tell me why people just carry their passports around? The writing on both of them appears to be Russian...?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
It looks like they photoshoped the head scarf on her to provoke anti-Islamic angst.

I'm not an image expert, but I'm sure one will come along and confirm that one of the two photos has been altered. The picture of her without the head scarf looks like it might be more legit, as it appears to have some damage to it.

And can someone tell me why people just carry their passports around? The writing on both of them appears to be Russian...?

According to the articles, it was already confirmed. The one with the head scarf is a fake.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Everyone knows a passport cannot be destroyed

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

thesmokingman

Everyone knows a passport cannot be destroyed

They should reinforce buildings with passports and the problem of Sudden Building Collapse Syndrome would be solved.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

That doesn't make a bit of sense. I'm trying to figure out why exactly they would have done it. The first photo is obviously a fake passport. i can see where one photo is laying on top of another. The second one looks somewhat dirty.

The passport could survive depending on the outward direction of the explosion and where exactly on her person the explosives were.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

antonia

That doesn't make a bit of sense. I'm trying to figure out why exactly they would have done it. The first photo is obviously a fake passport. i can see where one photo is laying on top of another. The second one looks somewhat dirty.

The passport could survive depending on the outward direction of the explosion and where exactly on her person the explosives were.

I agree.

What do you think about the explanation from the third state sponsored news program? Why would the security agent put a new photo on top the old one?

NTV, one of the three state-controlled nationwide TV stations, Monday's picture was a scan of Asiyalova's passport taken from her personal dossier at Russian security agencies that had been monitoring her for her suspected terror links. It said a photo of Asiyalova in a headscarf had been put atop the scan by a security agent.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hm, reading that doesn't bring any answers. Why would they do that to begin with?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

antonia

Hm, reading that doesn't bring any answers. Why would they do that to begin with?

I'm thinking maybe she just recently started wearing a hijab, and agency that were watching her wanted updated photo. But I never heard of anybody doing that. Don't hey need to have both?

I just don't get it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The only reason I can think of to make is clear she was a muslim woman. It's stupid, pretty much every terrorist from the Northern caucasus is muslim anyway. Most Russians wouldn't need to be told that.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have to wonder about terrorists, or whatever they are, carrying passports on their missions.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

antonia

The only reason I can think of to make is clear she was a muslim woman. It's stupid, pretty much every terrorist from the Northern caucasus is muslim anyway. Most Russians wouldn't need to be told that.

LOL, NO!!!
Terrorists come from israel.
This was just the israeli way of helping folks make up their mind about Iran.
This is not the first time an israeli terrorist has dropped a passport on the scene of a crime.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

g146541

antonia

LOL, NO!!!
Terrorists come from israel.
This was just the israeli way of helping folks make up their mind about Iran.
This is not the first time an israeli terrorist has dropped a passport on the scene of a crime.

What does Chechen suicide bomber have to do with Iran? Or Israel?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm no photo expert however it does look like the first one was somewhat manufactured. Is it really the same female? The headdress is a Chador that is worn in very strict fundamental areas.

Yup I'm confused too.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Perhaps those passports are made from unobtainium, I believe that 'metal' is produced only for items likely to be in or near explosive devices, such as passports, driving licenses, credit cards, etcetera.

new topics

top topics

join