It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I convert my video file to upload to Youtube???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
try this
thelittleappfactory.com...

I dont have a mac so cant speak of the quality, but it came recommended on superuser.com, tho that post was asking to convert flv to h264, but i imagine it should be able to do the opposite.

I see the codec of your file is h264, but do you know what the file extension is? mkv? mov?
Have you tried uploading through the actual youtube page? Youtube is usally pretty good at converting a wide range of files, and maybe that program is just not upto date.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How do I embed a YouTube video in a post here? hahaha I'm sure it's just as easy of a process as I explained, can't figure it out though! I haven't spent too much time figuring it out either, so it's my fault for being lazy.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well I figured it out on my own! YAY!

Instead of using iPhoto I opened iMovie and uploaded it there and then it lets me share it to youtube.

I guess it was the format on iPhoto that it wouldn't load it as a movie right.

Thanks everyone though for all the suggestions! I appreciate it

It was just a little video of our dog playing with my son and being crazy!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

peacenotgreed
How do I embed a YouTube video in a post here? hahaha I'm sure it's just as easy of a process as I explained, can't figure it out though! I haven't spent too much time figuring it out either, so it's my fault for being lazy.

Click on the YOUTUBE icon in the post box. At the end of a youtube video in the URL is a letter/number code after the = sign. Add that number/letter sequence into the box and it will post the video.

So click the "youtube" icon at the end of the reply box.
Add the numbers/letters AFTER the = sign in the url of a youtube video ex [ yvid] N9qYF9DZPdw [ /yvid]
no spaces though.

You should have a video afterwards

edit on 12/31/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Gahh! I've attempted to do those things, but the link is usually broken. Thanks for the specific instructions and example of code. Also - thank you for giving a Weird Al video as the example. I haven't listened to him in a very long time. I hope my advice helped you as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

peacenotgreed

Gahh! I've attempted to do those things, but the link is usually broken. Thanks for the specific instructions and example of code. Also - thank you for giving a Weird Al video as the example. I haven't listened to him in a very long time. I hope my advice helped you as well.

Ahh darn

Not sure what is going on then.

You're welcome and thank you

I LOVE Weird Al and tend to put him on when I'm messing around on Youtube. I wish he'd come tour back in my neck of the woods I'd so go see him.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Youtube reads flv flash video (prefered) and mp4 well, so just go to these two file format.

I have a few that I use but my most favorite is AppGeeker video converter. It has many different options for converting and formatting videos to different file types. I have been using it for a while and it is pretty great. Here's a link to get it:

www.appgeeker.com...

There has youtube video preset built in if i remeber correctly.

(I am runing a iMac with Mac OS X 10.8 mountain lion)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I always convert video to flv for uploading to youtube, because flv has smaller size. And I use a video converter from firecoresoft www.firecoresoft.com... which can convert video/audio including HD/UHD MXF/XAVC/AVCHD/MOD, etc. to various popular formats like AVI(XviD), DivX, FLV, 3G2, 3GP(H.263), ASF, M4V(without DRM), MKV(H.264, MPEG-2), MOV(Quicktime, Prores, H.264), MP4(MPEG-4, H.264), etc.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I would recommend you also try MOD Video Converter which is free to download trial software.
I think this can help you solve the problem, please try .

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Just found a guide which aims to solve can't upload AVI to YouTube issue.

It also applies to upload any videos to YouTube like MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS/M2TS, WTV, ASF, etc.

Hope it can help you more or less.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join