It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House Preps First Lady’s 50th Birthday Bash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The First Lady’s birthday is just three weeks away and the White House is busy planning her a big bash. According to reports, a dance party is in the works to celebrate Michelle Obama’s 50th year of life. January 17th marks her big day but the gala will go down on Saturday, January 18th, according to save-the-date emails that went out to family and friends.

Source

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Didn't they just have an expensive vacation for Christmas? If She was my wife that would have been also the Bday gift. The country is in economic plight and the Obamas are constantly parting. What Gives?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So...our first lady isn't allowed to have a birthday party?

Now, I have a sinking feeling it will be a big party, and the conservatives on this site will be up in arms over the cost. On the flip side, however, if the first lady happened to have a Republican husband in the oval office, the liberal members here would be up in arms.

*sigh*

This is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Look at it this way in a couple more years they'll be out of the White house and then we can grill the next family for living a lavish lifestyle

edit on 31-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Will there be balloon animals?

I like balloon animals.

(but I didn't get invited)

They'll probably have balloon animals.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think all the cool kids are bringing or making their own

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

So...our first lady isn't allowed to have a birthday party?

Now, I have a sinking feeling it will be a big party, and the conservatives on this site will be up in arms over the cost. On the flip side, however, if the first lady happened to have a Republican husband in the oval office, the liberal members here would be up in arms.

*sigh*

This is why we can't have nice things.

She has enough nice things.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Djdoubt03

Didn't they just have an expensive vacation for Christmas? If She was my wife that would have been also the Bday gift. The country is in economic plight and the Obamas are constantly parting. What Gives?

Michelle Antoinette, miss a party? A luxurious vacation? Let them eat cake!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Boy..

Tough crowd, No Balloon Animals for you!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Djdoubt03

They pay for their vacations just like every other president.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I knew it.

She's going to have balloons!

(she's doing it wrong)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Aisling

Boy..

Tough crowd, No Balloon Animals for you!

I am not in a good mood today.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Let's pretend Romney won the presidency. Would you be upset if his wife threw a huge birthday bash? I mean, they're already rich and have enough nice things, considering the economy would still be recovering...

People today are treading politics like professional sports. It's all about "my team vs your team". I haven't seen adult, grown men act as childish over politics at any point in my life.

Pretty soon they'll be making jerseys and assigning player numbers to members of Congress...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

"Let them eat cake!".

Hmmmm? No? Maybe?

On your knees serfs and worship the royalty that provides you life!

Pretty sickening when people elect those of the wealthy class expecting them to actually represent them, don't ya think?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by Aisling

Let's pretend Romney won the presidency. Would you be upset if his wife threw a huge birthday bash? I mean, they're already rich and have enough nice things, considering the economy would still be recovering...

People today are treading politics like professional sports. It's all about "my team vs your team". I haven't seen adult, grown men act as childish over politics at any point in my life.

Pretty soon they'll be making jerseys and assigning player numbers to members of Congress...

Well, members of congress are already "owned" like professional sports.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know. I think we've toyed around with the idea of making them wear their "sponsors" logos on them sort of like NASCAR drivers.

If I got elected to Congress I'd show up one day in a Nomex suit covered in the logos of all the companies that donated to my campaign. I think it would be hilarious.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
She can do whatever she wants but I don't think the country should be footing the bill. Wonder how much this is going to cost since the country is said to not be able to afford spending.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Being married to one of, if not THE worst president in our history will have to have a negative impact sooner or later.

I hope she enjoys her trips, parties and extravagance at others expense when and where she can for as long as she can... Can never be too sure how or when this party will end, or how badly.

Make the best of it while you can.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Don't misunderestimate my sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The FLOTUS's birthday bash?
So, Barry is finally gonna spring for that operation so Michelle can be a "real" woman?

-Peace-

<<   2 >>

join