It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pollster: reporters should stop covering polls in 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Obama pollster: reporters should stop covering polls in 2014

After a year of seeing President Obama’s approval ratings plummet, the president’s pollster is offering a strikingly candid and pessimistic New Year’s resolution.

Reporters should go the next “year without reporting any public polling data,” Joel Benenson, president and CEO of Benenson Strategy Group, said.

What? So now that the polls aren't doing Obama any favors, Joel Benenson says the media shouldn't report the results of public opinion polls anymore.

It takes some huge brass balls for a professional pollster who makes his living on getting his polling results heard to suggest this.

Would he be saying this if the polling results were positive right now for his man Obama? Methinks not.

According to him, polls should only be reported from now on (and specifically in 2014) if they are detailed enough to reflect the underlying causes for why the polling results turned out that way.

Hmmm. Were those the guidelines that Joel Benenson used during his "guiding role in Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign"? Why change the propaganda rules now, Joel?

There's not much more I have to say about this, other than it is utterly ridiculous and absurd given his profession and the current political climate. Where do these people come from?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Nothing this administration does, surprises me anymore.

The Orwellian atmosphere surrounding Obama is staggering.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Seems that Rat is Ready to " Jump Ship " ...........

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The midterm elections occur in 2014, and Democrats are afraid of being tagged with Obama's policies and falling approval rating (down to 40%+/- from 50% +/- at beginning of year).

To not report on it would allow Democrats an advantage...

One wonders if that action by the media could be considered a campaign contribution?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, considering that most "polls" are extremely small numbers of people in comparison to the population, whereby the statistics are skewed to favor a certain agenda or rhetoric, and then used by all major media outlets as "gospel"...

This actually surprises me. For once.

I can't even take this seriously though. Someone got their panties in a bunch because they found out all the pathological lies are starting to catch up to them and need a quick fix. Shocking. If anyone believes the nonsense that these polls produce, I have a bridge to sell them.

Sometimes I wish you could buy common sense like junk food.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

beezzer

Nothing this administration does, surprises me anymore.

The Orwellian atmosphere surrounding Obama is staggering.

Frankly, Nothing Obama has ever done was surprising. Politicians were never anything but dirtbags in suits. I'm more disturbed by his fan club. Ordinary people who cover his ass no matter what he says or does.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Without going too off-topic, I was once a firm believer in a political party and ideology.

I thought the republicans mirrored my beliefs, for the most part.

But for the past 10 years or so, I have become quite jaded about politicians and political parties.

The overt actions taken by this administration sicken me, but what is also disgusting is that the political opponents are not as nauseated by his actions.

I don't know what is rarer. A Unicorn, Bigfoot, or a politician with ethics, morals, and values.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

beezzer

I don't know what is rarer. A Unicorn, Bigfoot, or a politician with ethics, morals, and values.

If you have any ethics, you definitely check them at the door when you enter the political arena. It's pretty sad but I just can't wait to see the liberals get a dose of their own medicine when the Republicans take over again.
edit on 1-1-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
No polls make rigging an election much easier.

I'm thinking 2014 may see some third party candidates who have a legitimate chance of winning a few seats since so many of us are fed up with both the republican and democratic party.

Perhaps this is what they are afraid of.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

What it really means is that they can't skew the polls to favor them no matter what they're doing at the moment.

This is a sign of desperation.

Basically, I took a media stats class and it was all about how these things are done. The numbers, themselves, don't lie. The lies are built into how the questions are written and asked and who gets asked, and if you know how to do those things very well, you are making a lot of money somewhere.

The only polls I look at are the ones who release their entire survey and methodology. It doesn't mean they aren't biased, but it does mean that you can get a rough idea of what went into them.

top topics

join