It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA has complete control of your iPhone, can activate your microphone and camera without you knowing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

laytheovers
wow guys, the rest of you must be living very exciting lives.. if a 3 letter agency tapped into my phone they would definitely be bored beyond words..

that is not the point of the outrage

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Maybe Steve Jobs found it out? And threatened to go public with this?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

This Apple video almost looks religious....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A dear friend of mine who was an engineer with Motorola worked on the Iridium system. At the time he was convinced that no phone conversation was safe from NSA. He was ex-Air Force Security Services, trained by the NSA, so I believed him.
I've been able to live my life without what I've come to call the "Electronic Leash." My children and grandchildren are dismayed that I refuse to chat with them while I'm shopping or driving---or doing anything other than sitting home by the landline. But that's okay because they're also dismayed that I'm not on social networks either. An e-hermit---that's me.
However, I realize that probably a majority of my conversations are "monitored" simply due to the fact that the caller is on a cell. Lately they've been getting day by day reports on the progress of the healing of my sprained/strained ankle/foot.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The Newsroom which is a show that was on HBO stated the same thing in 2012. The NSA can listen to anything on your phone, activate your phone remotely etc.

I know its just a show on the Tee Vee but it sounds pretty much like whats going on now.

link   
They will have a lot of photos of the inside of pockets and purses. What are they looking for anyway ?

link   
I threw my cell phone away and will never use another. I just use WIFI and Skype wherever and if I feel the need to chat to someone and there is no wifi....I think ill manage. I'm not letting these corporate punks steal my freedom. Even if I revert back to the stone age...those rocks will be mine to throw, not theirs.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The remote turn on of your phone for spying goes back a long ways.

news.cnet.com...

Nextel cell phones owned by two alleged mobsters, John Ardito and his attorney Peter Peluso, were used by the FBI to listen in on nearby conversations. The FBI views Ardito as one of the most powerful men in the Genovese family, a major part of the national Mafia.
The surveillance technique came to light in an opinion published this week by U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan. He ruled that the "roving bug" was legal because federal wiretapping law is broad enough to permit eavesdropping even of conversations that take place near a suspect's cell phone.
Kaplan's opinion said that the eavesdropping technique "functioned whether the phone was powered on or off." Some handsets can't be fully powered down without removing the battery; for instance, some Nokia models will wake up when turned off if an alarm is set.

www.politechbot.com...

2. The Roving Intercepts

a. Ardito's Cellular Telephone

Based on physical surveillance and the conversations previously
intercepted, the FBI learned that Ardito's crew no longer conducted
meetings exclusively at the four restaurants, but met also in twelve
additional restaurants, automobiles, Ardito's home, an auto store, an
insurance office, a jewelry store, a doctor's office, a boat, and
public streets.

The government applied for a "roving bug," that is, the interception
of Ardito's conversations at locations that were "not practical" to
specify, as authorized by 18 U.S.C. § 2518(11)(a). Judge Jones
granted the application, authorizing continued interception at the
four restaurants and the installation of a listening device in
Ardito's cellular telephone. The device functioned whether the phone
was powered on or off, intercepting conversations within its range
wherever it happened to be.

They have been doing this for over ten years. Nothing new except it is now wide spread and not only used for the biggest cases going on. First they go after the Mobsters and organised crime then they go after everybody. The law was written to get the worst of the worse. Then it is used to get everybody. Kind of like all those terrorism laws to get terrorist. But they never charged terrorist they put them in Gittmo with no charges. They used the laws on US citizens.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Illuminawty
I threw my cell phone away and will never use another. I just use WIFI and Skype wherever and if I feel the need to chat to someone and there is no wifi....I think ill manage. I'm not letting these corporate punks steal my freedom. Even if I revert back to the stone age...those rocks will be mine to throw, not theirs.

I don't understand your reasoning here???? You won't use a cell phone but you will use Wifi and Skype? Are you under some delusion that the NSA doesn't know what you are doing on Wifi or Skype? Because I'd so hate to burst your bubble.....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Illuminawty

Skype is monitored by both Microsoft and the NSA. Infact, it was proven about a year and a half ago that Microsoft actively listens to skype conversations for keywords and flags them. They do the same with text chat, even going so far as to scan the destination address of something you link in chat.

Open wifi gives you some safety as they can't create a correlation between households for communication (provided you're not using an internet connection registered to your name), but the instant you start attaching account names or email addresses to that IP address you're in the system. In that case doing things like using coffee shop wifi actually puts you at greater risk because you're on an IP associated with a bunch of people, some of whom might be questionable.

If you want to be protected find a wifi connection near you that's using a different ISP than you currently use (otherwise they'll just search all IP's using a certain account, this information is readily accessible by virtually anyone working for the ISP), then hack it, then use that persons connection for everything.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I sit here a lot of times late at night and talk to my camera just hoping someone is listening. I know not everyone in the government is bad... How can the good ones not see whats going on here?

Just sucks to see this all going down...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join