It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Hellyer interview on 'Russia Today' [Dec 30]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Is there any new UFO book he's read that he DOESN'T believe? Where does he draw the line?

rt.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hi Jim, Happy New Year; always interesting to read your posts

The problem with interviews of 'famous people' like this is, he's either gone slightly wonky in his old age, or Canada had someone with questionable mental abilities as Defense Minister for several years.

And now he's either risking his lifetime's reputation and being laughed at completely by nearly everyone, or he's sincere. We certainly can't make the case that he would be in it for the money, I'm sure his pension is secure.

One wonders what his security clearance was and what he saw that the rest of us aren't privy to.
edit on 5325912amTuesdayf25Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:25:53 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My thoughts on Mr. Hellyer: I like him. We need people like him.

Happy new year!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

JimOberg
Is there any new UFO book he's read that he DOESN'T believe? Where does he draw the line?

rt.com...

There is no mention of a book being read in the article.
Are there reasons to dismiss what he is saying so readily besides the fact that hes talking about UFO/Aliens?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

The man has no filters, if he reads something on the internet or in a UFO book he just believes it without doing any research into the claims. Then he gets interviewed and regurgitates all the rumors he's heard and people believe him because they assume a former defense minister must have some insider knowledge of aliens. He only became interested in the subject 5-10 years ago, long after he was retired.

edit on 31-12-2013 by freelance_zenarchist because: "the star of Bethlehem was one of God's flying saucers" lol

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by Tucket

The man has no filters, if he reads something on the internet or in a UFO book he just believes it without doing any research into the claims. Then he gets interviewed and regurgitates all the rumors he's heard and people believe him because they assume a former defense minister must have some insider knowledge of aliens. He only became interested in the subject 5-10 years ago, long after he was retired.

edit on 31-12-2013 by freelance_zenarchist because: "the star of Bethlehem was one of God's flying saucers" lol

It sounds like you're just speculating.
Maybe you re right. Wouldve been nice if OP provided some background on the guy.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
He believes Charles (dis info agent) Hall on the tall white aliens. I have looked into the Tall whites and found no evidence of any kind they are anything more than the product of Charles hall imagination. Yes the Canadian ex minister of defence does believe any Ufo/Alien story he reads or hears.
edit on 1-1-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hellyer references books several times,and it seems much of his information comes from them. I'm not familiar with them. I heard him mention Charles Hall and refer to Col. Corso's fables, but what other books and authors are his chief source material?
His philosophy for the aliens sounds straight out of the old Contactee lore.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

PH: They come from various places. For a long while I only knew about ones who came from different star systems – the Pleadis, Zeta Reticuli and several other star systems…but in the past few months I have met [those] who made me aware that there are some in our star system, and that there are actually extraterrestrials who live on a planet called Andromedia, which is one of the moons of Saturn and that there are others on Venus and some on Mars and that they may be interacting between themselves – I suspect that they are because there is what is called a “Federation” of these people and they have rules. For example, one of the rules is that they don’t interfere with our affairs unless there are invited to – and that’s one of the reasons, probably, that we haven’t seen more of them until very recently…

That and RT being the source should make anyone serious about this topic disregard this mans input IMO. "Federation" means absolute bull from that point forward. Spreading pure fiction is not helpful to this topic.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Blaine91555

PH: They come from various places. For a long while I only knew about ones who came from different star systems – the Pleadis, Zeta Reticuli and several other star systems…but in the past few months I have met [those] who made me aware that there are some in our star system, and that there are actually extraterrestrials who live on a planet called Andromedia, which is one of the moons of Saturn and that there are others on Venus and some on Mars and that they may be interacting between themselves – I suspect that they are because there is what is called a “Federation” of these people and they have rules. For example, one of the rules is that they don’t interfere with our affairs unless there are invited to – and that’s one of the reasons, probably, that we haven’t seen more of them until very recently…

That and RT being the source should make anyone serious about this topic disregard this mans input IMO. "Federation" means absolute bull from that point forward. Spreading pure fiction is not helpful to this topic.

Oh my. I'm cringing in sympathy for the poor guy.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow,
I think Sophie should be my next wife

as for this guy,.
who knows,. I await the day when UFOs become more "real"
to put the myths to rest

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
this is the first thread out of 3 that appeared in the last 2 days, one of them being mine. I searched ATS but didn't find the other two. Today they appear in Gsearch.

Paul Hellyer is not a common man. He was repeatedly a defense minister (ex) of a G-7 country. No other politician except Reagan have talked about that. I say intentionally G7 and not G8. The interviewer said the first hi level politician from G8. It is not correct. Medvedev, president and PM of a G8 country (that now presides over G8) spoke although in a joke mode. Russian politicians have spoken too, including pres. Illumzinov with a rank similar to... Vest Vriginia governor, who claimed he was personally taken to visit a ship and given short space ride to nearby star, taken back in no time. The long term ex-Mayor of Moscow spoke. This is not something unusual.

The unusual thing is that the western politician Hellyer makes public the things we know for years. He makes them credible, not for me, but for those who hear them for the first time.

Besides, he was given the platform of Russia Today. I notice it is not on their front page though. One could find it only thu links of UFO-websites. One of them even said "Canadian TV".

So we have a public figure of not "unimportant third world country" speaking to a public media of quite big magnitude, such as RT. No matter if MSM like the RT style, it exists in the public space. Now they may quote RT if they want to spread the news.

Remains to see how that will be played out. Will Medvedev joke again? Why not Michelle Obama to make a joke this time? Why the need of jokes anymore?

How about the ET themselves to make the show? The interviewer pressed Hellyer as why the benevolent ET who want to help, actually don't help and stay idle. He hided behind phrases of how the free will in the Universe works.

Well, the Earth's diverse population will never agree fully on the subject. Most of them never heard of it the way we do. What is then expected? The counter on youtube to reach from 20, 000 to 2, 000,000? Isn't it quite stupid for highly advanced ET for whom the human soul, mind and development matter? I.e. less number of self-conscious but higher quality instead? Why don't they go to preach in Congo or Myanmar peasants if they want popular support???

Their approach proved wrong so far. Let me say it loudly. The approach of Pleiadians etc to contact selected individuals proved wrong. Those individuals did not contribute to a better understanding, rather created more divisions. Especially in the cases when their mentality borders the limits of the common sense, and those cases of contactees are not isolated.

It is a time the ET to realize they should respect each of us individually. And not play gods as they did once in human history. Today in the electronic age they have quite many ways to tell us the truth, directly.

I accept Mr. Hellyer's interview exactly as one of those attempts. Let not be th e last attempt for the new 2014. As Medvedev's joke was the last joke of the sort for 1 whole year. Sorry, but we the intelligent internet community are well beyond that childish level. And the time just go and go.

They say, no nukes, nukes are dangerous. Well we know that, by the way!!! Could it be however, that is our only other option, if we think in cold mind mode for a world that has less resources more population and less morality. In a world bitterly divided along lines, customs and religions no matter the counter of the calendar. We have a set of new nuclear powers as powerful as USA and USSR in 1950s.

Let those ET who are behind Hellyer, Medvedev, Illumizonov, Bob Dean, let they be a bit faster. They are not gods and they may err too! We want to see deeds from them, not only "UFO sightings" and "insiders speaking" without anything as evidence than some photos that already circled the internet. We already know that! The words they are "benevolent" and want to share with us medicines and food-producing tech, (and I appreciate that!), do not make them error-free. They are out of time in first place. They should have done all that in year 2000. They should not wait for the doomsday year 2012. But they missed it too!

Or, someone more powerful forbids them. God? If the good ones are forbidden to do good, we enter into an entire new area of logical mind research, that I will not do now. Will God forbid good to happen? Or may be the more powerful ones who forbid are not God? Or...options that enter into End times scenario that belong to other threads. I want to believe we are not on that timeline. But it is They who should prove it to us! Please, if those contactees read here, be two way channels and tell them we had already enough of that story! Those of us who will spend that 1 hour to listen to that interview. Many thanks to Paul Hellyer. More is needed, in first place more from the ET themselves! Some of them could do abductions and were not restricted by any permission, law, in Universe or on Earth! Then why those excuses that no permission is given, that the free choice matters? Whom do they think they lie? The evil ones do not need permission to abduct! Let me stop here because I get increasingly angry when enter into exo-politics. Humans are still not in position to accuse someone evil alien, but they might be in a such position pretty soon.

edit on 2-1-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The problem with this guy and others who have just read books on the subject but without having any actual evidence of their own related to their distinguished position is that their opinion is no better than any one else's.

They are just as prone to believe the stories without question as anyone else.

They unfortunately will be listened to by a greater number of people due to their former distinguished positions.

It would be one thing if he said, "I believe this because I have personally examined physical evidence in the Canadian governments custody, some of which I can provide".

But instead he's basically just regurgitating the same UFO narrative that many wide-eyed, non science inclined believers readily accept without challenge.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Doing a bit of further research on Paul Helyer, I see that he was drawn in to the UFO field due to the book by Col. Philip Corso. Here's one of the biggest UFO/Roswell promoters on the planet, and he has serious problems with Corso's veracity.

If Helyer started out with beliefs based on a fraud, and then got mixed up with Steven Greer, then I'm afraid he's got nothing credible to add. That's a real shame, someone of his stature could be so valuable in promoting real research.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
He believes Charles (dis info agent) Hall on the tall white aliens. I have looked into the Tall whites and found no evidence of any kind they are anything more than the product of Charles hall imagination. Yes the Canadian ex minister of defence does believe any Ufo/Alien story he reads or hears.
edit on 1-1-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Saturn has no moon known as Andromedia, this part stuck out immediately and made me question the rest of his sources.

I'd still buy him a beer and talk about aliens, though!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Bily Cox covers the Paul Hellyer news in his Devoid column:
It just sounds so familiar

Fast-forward half a century or so and we find Hellyer under the sway of former Army Col. Phil Corso’s sloppily constructed and barely sourced The Day After Roswell, a book so fatally flawed that researcher Stan Friedman suspected history would judge it as an outright fraud and forever poison the waters for more responsible research on the 1947 controversy. Hellyer also copped to being influenced by the writings of Alfred Webre, a conspiracy wildman whose zany assertions…

Cox seems sympathetic, but realistic.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Good discussions, comments, and context. Thanks all around.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

bingo. Completely and totally agree with you.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There's a Russian language UFO group on Facebook that someone joined me to.
www.facebook.com... I asked about Paul Hellyer (& Steven Greer) being covered in Russsian media, and if the topic was taken seriously. The reply (Google translation):

Range Corner:
Russian media reprinted Paul Hellyer statements about aliens, the link:
rt.com...сanada-minister-defense-ufo-959/

I think in the Ukraine and Russia that few people take seriously Hellyer stories because they are absolutely groundless. He did not cite a single real fact. The fact that he is a former defense minister, and his words as though backed authoritative title, I for one do not care. I am interested in facts, not someone else's crazy fantasy.

Dang, I was hoping maybe the Russians will take Helyer and Greer off our hands!

top topics

join