It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testing on way for use of drones in air traffic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

U.S. officials said Monday that they plan to conduct testing in what may be the most congested airspace in the nation - the corridor between New York and Washington - to integrate unmanned aircraft systems, or drones, into the air traffic system.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it had approved a joint application by New Jersey and Virginia to be among six national test sites for integrating unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the airspace.

Test sites also include New York, Nevada, North Dakota, Texas, and a joint region of Alaska-Hawaii-Oregon. Data collected, such as research about "sense-and-avoid" systems, lost-link procedures, and human error, will help the FAA develop regulations and procedures for future commercial and civ

Testing on way for use of drones in air traffic

Here we go! Another step closer to Skynet. These UAV's are just one part of the coming Robotized Police State, in my opinion. They'll use all kinds of justification for why they're safer, more economical, etc, but it's just a straw man to get the robots into acceptance in our society.

They try to convince us that drones won't be weaponized, but I don't believe that for a second. Why waste a good opportunity to thwart terrorists? And with the NDAA, we don't have to worry about expensive and time-consuming things like trials, and juries... just drone strike them, and all your problems will be solved. After all, it's legal!

Something really needs to be done about this administration and the constant march towards tyranny. I, for one, am against drones in our skies. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The first site where testing will be conducted - which has not been named - will be operational within 180 days, and all of the UAS sites will operate until February 2017.

So by the summer of 2014, we will have drones in our skies. Hope they can fix the problems with crashes before they send them out over I-95.
edit on 12/31/2013 by TwoTonTommy because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Watchout people, someday you will receive an anonymous photo, of yourself, from above, because of what you post here. Its nice to know we spend billions just to check where and when I bought my burgers. Too bad, they dont use it to watch the whale migration.

Why the test it on public areas ? Not at sea ? If something go wrong it wont destroy somebody kitchen.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Once the drones are in the air, that will be the final nail in the coffin for the illusion of civil liberties. Freedom anymore is being defined as: free to do what the government tells us, or you are free to not offend someone, etc.

The last 15 years especially, from the DMCA to present legislation and all the garbage in between (e.g Patriot Act) the U.S. Bill of Rights has been trampled and defecated on by "big brother". I dare say, the "terrorists" sure as hell won, if you buy into the rhetoric that "they" wanted to eliminate our "freedoms."

I can't attest to the accuracy of the info, but here's a few interesting links that may be worth looking at:

How to spot a drone, i.e. "Drone Survival Guide": Link

How to "Kill a UAV": Link

Oh, and my apologies for the mini rant.
edit on 31-12-2013 by FatherStacks because: Fixed "Drone Survival Guide Link"

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ok so you see a drone in the sky. What makes you think that they want to watch you .. Jesus there's so many paranoid people out here. So if they are going to start testing near Washington and New York, think how many people are in that area. They can't watch everyone.

I swear people's paranoia is taking away their own freedom
edit on 31-12-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

Edit: for those thinking of taking a drone down just remember that a drone is in the sky, what goes up must come down. So I hope you are ready to live with drone wreckage hitting a school or family home

Sorry rant over I hate the drone subject info try and stay away
edit on 31-12-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

How long till they weaponize them? That's what worries me.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

lostbook
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

How long till they weaponize them? That's what worries me.

Once they get us acclimated to them, it is a very easy next step. Then, we're screwed. If it's anything like the drones in Yemen, you better watch out if you're going to any weddings...
Fatal error in ‘wedding party’ drone strike prompts UN condemnation

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Speaking only for myself, it's not a matter of paranoia. It's outrage, as in how you would feel if you caught someone peeking over your fence while sitting out in the back yard. Unlike millions on social media broadcasting every thought and action, I feel that not every aspect of my life is for public consumption. And to those that do, I'm not making a values judgment, but privacy means privacy and should be a right not a luxury. And yes, I concede that there are shades of grey but that's beyond this discussion.

Also, I wasn't advocating downing a drone, it was an interesting piece I'd found scrounging around on cryptome.org a while back. To deny ignorance is to get information, from all points of view.

It's moronic to hold the view "I haven't done anything wrong so I don't have anything to hide." You don't have control over what is considered "wrong." Two years ago, a good number of people would scoff at the idea the NSA is collecting every bit of electronic communications on U.S. citizens. Today we know it to be fact. SO, the question is, why wouldn't these drones be watching us?

I don't do anything harmful when I'm getting the newspaper, or enjoying a beer on my deck yet it offends my sensibilities to think I could be under constant surveillance while doing so.
edit on 31-12-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

FatherStacks

Unlike millions on social media broadcasting every thought and action, I feel that not every aspect of my life is for public consumption.

I don't do anything harmful when I'm getting the newspaper, or enjoying a beer on my deck yet it offends my sensibilities to think I could be under constant surveillance while doing so.
edit on 31-12-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

Right on. This is why we have a 4th Amendment right against unlawful searches and seizures. Probable cause. They have no probable cause, and are acting more and more like the Constitution is an old piece of toilet paper. We had this from Time Magazine a couple years ago. Does the Constitution Still Matter? I would say yes, it matters quite a lot.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Don't see how drones can solve traffic problems so there is no real purpose there. Drone people just want to make money. The government big brother mentality plays right into their scheme.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey thanks for your replies my apologies of I sounded rude wasn't in the best mood this morning now I'm mellow

Also I keep forgetting about your rights in the in US I'll be honest I don't know much about them. In the UK life is a bit different I guess we are kind if use to surveillance. So I understand from the US side of things which I have no problem with people believing in their rights.

However I do see advantages of drones, I read on a thread somewhere that in Australia they want to use them for shark spotting at popular surf resorts. Search and rescue a drone can stay out longer than a helicopter, I'd be thankful if I was in a survival situation and I had a drone patrolling an area looking for me.

As for arming them, I really don't see a government arming a mass number. Do you really think they are going to start shooting Hellfires at car crooks, not only are they expensive but think of collateral damage.
I wouldn't be happy if my house or car was blown up because of a missile from a drone. Collateral damage won't look in the public eye therefore won't get much popularity.

So apologies again if I sounded rude, happy new year to you all

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I took no offense. One of the main reasons I come to ATS is to have my view points challenged and to be enlightened by alternate perspectives. Best wishes for the coming year!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

By 2015, when the bill for the regulation of all kind of drones will be in congress, once the bill is passed drones will no only become fully integrated commercial use but the door for law enforcement will be open also.

Once the drones are given fully status and protection by law the uses will be unlimited.

Don't worry, a full armed drone flying over your children playground is all for the good of the nation and the safety of the littler children, we all understand that casualties are part of keeping the nation safe.

edit on 31-12-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join