It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bronx: Explosion Felt Across Scarsdale, Pelham Bay on Monday Night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

been quiet in the bronx since the explosion.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

Still no new updates since the last posts????

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this relates but, up here (Ontario, Canada) we have been hearing many "booms" lately that are being called "frost quakes" which is a new phenomena despite what the "experts" have been stating to the contrary.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Involutionist

Wow frost quake? Ok while thats not what happened in NY you peeked my interest. I live in northern New Hampshire and get almost identical weather to Ontario. Ive never heard of this what are they saying causes it? Is it loud like an explosion? Does the ground shake or anything? Seems odd its happening now and only there.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ikensee

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read my comment.

Wow frost quake? Ok while thats not what happened in NY you peeked my interest. I live in northern New Hampshire and get almost identical weather to Ontario. Ive never heard of this what are they saying causes it? Is it loud like an explosion? Does the ground shake or anything? Seems odd its happening now and only there.

I too have never heard about frost quakes until this event (btw, more were heard a few days ago in some parts) and nor has anyone else. It was loud like a sonic boom, and it "appeared" as if it came from above; that is why my initial thought was the big old maple tree in the back had come down on the house. The best way to describe this "boom" is to compare to fourth of July fireworks 1000x amplified. That very deep bass boom, you know? But this boom went right through my body as I sat INSIDE my home. The strange thing is there was none seismic activity that registered on any scale from what I'm aware of. Also, this boom was heard across a large area. I know N.Y intimately having spent much time there with family and lets say this boom, if I were to use N.Y as a reference instead, was HEARD AND FELT throughout all the boroughs way past Yonkers.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

Awesome find! I remember New York in the 90's was like the wild west when it came to fireworks, I can remember hearing pineapples going off at 3 am leaving car alarms going off down the entire block. We used to get pineapples(pretty much the power of 4 m-80's) bottle rockets, jumping jacks, black cats cherry bombs ... pretty much anything fun and really loud, from a candy shop a few blocks from my house in queens. If they were sold out we would just take the train to canal street and have just as big of selection... however Mayor Giuliani put an end that pretty quickly when he came to office, he kinda did for fireworks and 42nd st. what Ed Koch did for the subway system in the early 80's. since then they have enforced to no fireworks policy pretty damn strict... things got even crazier when 9/11 took place. which is what strikes me as really odd to why they have no suspects or arrests.... or more details on the garbage can/box found (or remnants for that matter).
the NYPD's response to the whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

edit on 8-1-2014 by thedudedoesnotabide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

edit on 2/26/2014 by csulli456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

so it wasn't fireworks?

Thanks for the vid

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Has anyone posted this yet?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join