It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bronx: Explosion Felt Across Scarsdale, Pelham Bay on Monday Night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Wow, you needed three posts for your ranting and raving. Good for you.

The guy was a helluva lot closer to the event than you were and you are obviously too ill-informed to know what happens after a large explosion.

Even if it was a fireworks explosion, they should release the name of the company responsible so they can get hammered on for being so lax in their security that someone was able to just tie up some mortars, which probably cost thousands of dollars, and cause massive property damage to the immediate area. Not to mention spooking the heck out of thousands of people.

Then again, rest assured because autumn says it was a prank.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Has anybody managed a photo of the actual site of the explosion? Was there any kind of ground damage? Crater? Burned dirt or grass? Debris?

You know we want pictures!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

RoScoLaz
the commenters here aren't buying the fireworks story either

www.nbcnewyork.com...

One of the commenters mentions 2 other explosions in Country Club prior to this one.

Did any of you hear those?

This link also has some commenters who don't agree with fireworks.
One says the FDNY said on their scanner that the NYPD had found a large container with explosives and they detonated it. Any of you hear something like this on your scanners?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me what these lines are on radar? I have captured them coming in from the east for some time now, if they are planes, the trails appear awful big?

Dec 31, 2013

Dec 30, 2013

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by FEAR420

Mushroom cloud ??? I just don't know how to respond to something this stupid.

I don't know how "massive" the possible mushroom cloud was that this guy saw was, but mushroom clouds can happen from homemade explosives.

I've seen homemade explosives that guys were setting off in a remote area for fun a few years ago, and they were creating mushroom clouds that went up about 20 feet.

No damage to the nearby building at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

incoserv
Has anybody managed a photo of the actual site of the explosion? Was there any kind of ground damage? Crater? Burned dirt or grass? Debris?

You know we want pictures!

In for pics also.
I'm sure someone on the block has a CCTV set up.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Well of course you're not buying the true story that would ruin a good conspiracy thread now wouldn't it
Want to know what I am not buying? I am not buying the story you feel like telling because it's stupid.
It says plain as day it was fireworks. No no must be those rotten powers that be trying to frighten the people of the Bronx into doing their evil will. You guys could make a conspiracy out of garbage collection.

You should change your name to AutoBitch123 - it is more fitting for you - it took you 1 to 3 seconds to immediately open your mouth in such a negative way and start bitching without even trying to understand that there is another point of view.

The reason I started this thread is to explore the possibilities of what may have caused such a dramatic explosion.

I along with others grew up in a time when fireworks were prevelant especially around the Fourth of July and kids would tie these mortars together and cause massively loud explosions - never do I remember any of these fireworks explosions shaking homes for miles and being heard 40 - 50 miles away. That is unheard of and thus the reason for this thread.

I started this thread because this is a neighborhood I have direct ties to with family living in the area.
I heard about the explosion through a family memer who was with me and reading the Twitter feeds.
I immediately started a search to see what info is out there pertaining to this.
That is when I saw the report that the explosion was fireworks however none of the witnesses commenting on the news sites believe that it was.

This is what peaks my curiosity.

I wasn't there but I am sure if it were just a few mortars tied together it wouldn't be felt in Harrison NY - I know the whole Metro area very well.

It may have been a lot more then a few mortars - there may have been more explosives involved than that.
It may have been a prank but it likely involved more than just a few mortars.

In this day and age it is not uncommon to think that this was a test by any group to see if their explosives would work before they actually set out and actually seek damage through these explosives.

That is what we are worried about - of course the story will be dumbed down by the departments handling it - they don't need any widespread panic nor do they want anyone getting hurt in some sort of a frenzy due to a widespread panic.

This is a local issue and I know plenty of local people who work in these local agencies.

Nothing is ever completely transparent - nothing.

Anyone living in and around NYC have friends and/or family that are Firemen and Policemen.
These are our friends and our family and we know they go to work everyday just to protect and help people. We know the public isn't always told the complete truth and there are different reasons for that.
What could happen if the Police and Fire reported that there was a huge explosion felt for miles and they do not know what caused it? This would cause a lot more people to start speculating and there would be a much bigger chance for panic an people getting hurt as a result of that.

That is why ATS is here - for those who wish to speculate and seek real answers instead of just swallowing the pill everyone else is taking. Not everyone is up to the task of using their brain as the member I quoted has proved - it's a lot of work thinking and most don't want to ponder any idea outside of what is the "official" story.

It is common sense for a lot ofpeople to know that this was more then a few mortars tied together - how much more is the question we seek answers to as well as why.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by FEAR420

You simply should not have responded as we are trying to deny ignorance on this site.

I take it you are not much of a deep thinker - you hear the term Mushroom cloud an probably immediately think nuke when that is not what anyone was saying at all.

This was a witness observation - something that needs to be taken into consideration when sifting through the information we have.

No one is knee jerking and conjuring up an explanation - we just know that this was more than a few mortars through personal experience.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by FEAR420

Everyone knows the government set off a nuclear device in the Bronx last night. They are using NYC as a testing ground for the attack they planned all along to destroy the country and
Fulfill the prophecy of the great PTB. It couldn't be anything but.
They start in one of the lesser boroughs. Staten Island is next. Then they move to the more important boroughs like Queens, Brooklyn and finally Manhattan

Ignorance is bliss isn't it

It must be a lot simpler to tie every so called conspiracy together and dismiss them then to actually look at an individual story and seek answers.

This is about an explosion in the Bronx that was heard in Long Island, Uppper Westchester, New Jersey, etc.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

This usually happens when radio transmissions from another source on the same frequency as the RADAR are happening when the RADAR is receiving the return of its pulse in that direction. I'm not positive that is what is happening here but it looks like a classic example.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
And yet another fireball explosion!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

This was one of the first ideas I had - that this was another meteor explosion.

However no reports of any fireball that I have seen or heard.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Well of course you're not buying the true story that would ruin a good conspiracy thread now wouldn't it
Want to know what I am not buying? I am not buying the story you feel like telling because it's stupid.
It says plain as day it was fireworks. No no must be those rotten powers that be trying to frighten the people of the Bronx into doing their evil will. You guys could make a conspiracy out of garbage collection.

Yo, it's pretty much impossible to derail this thread especially with such an ignorant comment. You might as well go away and try again somewhere else!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
SnF for an AWESOME topic OP, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I live here in PA, and have been reading of these booms occurring. What puzzles me, and correct me if I'm wrong anyone who knows for sure, but I think I see a pattern. It seems as if the events are beginning to occur, geographically, in a fashion moving from the center of the US (roughly) toward the coast line? I'm trying to pull down seismic activity from that area during the time of the event, I'll post back results if I come across anything.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

So now it's a conspiracy theory? Really? Grasping at straws much??
The "story" I'm telling? You mean the FACTS? And not the BS "official story" which numerous people have already confirmed isn't accurate?

Ah, I see, it's now plain as day to YOU because YOU were here when it happened, right? You've been to the blast site? You have friends that live on the block where this occurred? Someone YOU KNOW had their home damaged by this?

NOBODY EVER said it was "The PTB". That was YOU saying that,trying to spin this thread into something its not.

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by FEAR420

........This coming from someone who registered in October and already has close to 1100 posts.....Ignorant Troll much???

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by FEAR420

Everyone knows the government set off a nuclear device in the Bronx last night. They are using NYC as a testing ground for the attack they planned all along to destroy the country and
Fulfill the prophecy of the great PTB. It couldn't be anything but.
They start in one of the lesser boroughs. Staten Island is next. Then they move to the more important boroughs like Queens, Brooklyn and finally Manhattan

Or... Maybe..... It was just some moron with a bunch of fireworks and time who decided they wanted to make something go boom for the new year, so they made themselves a giant, homemade, fireworks bomb, because NOBODY has EVER done something like THAT before..... right???
edit on 12/31/2013 by FEAR420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here's a really good link with video of the area/site...

bronx.news12.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

megabogie
one comment in the article struck me....if it were fireworks wouldn't it have been a series of loud bangs and whistles and not just one big boom that shook buildings for miles away? Not buying the fireworks explanation

I remember being in an Edinburgh apartment when the festival fireworks went - these were the massive 10kg starbursts that start off as a faint red dot moving upwards before making the brilliant expanding sphere of dots. There would be this massive bang that would make the windowframes rattle.

The same explosions would be barely audible from a couple of miles away.

If there is an underground explosion, you'll hear two explosions. The first is through the ground which is a dull thump, the second is the shockwave through the air.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Earth is getting reading to explode at at 12:00 midnight. EST New york time. BOOMMM! Earth go bye bye! Me and my aliens friends are planning the big explosion.We are just getting reading to fly off of this planet and watch our fireworks from space!
Happy New Year Earthlings!
Later

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Thanks for the info - it matches my own experiences as well as others with regards to witnessing large firework displays.

I too was also thinking in terms of a possible underground explosion - this seems like it is something that would travel farther and thus the witnessed explosion 20 - 40 miles from the actual explosion.

Also had no idea that the mortars could be as much as 5 sticks of dynomite - but as we have each attested to witnessing proffessional fireworks displays we know that these are not felt for miles and heard for 20-40 miles away.

Perhaps a hundred of these mortars at once would be heard that far away but I am just guessing......

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Fireworks have secondary explosions big, flamy bangs then much smoke.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join