It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bronx: Explosion Felt Across Scarsdale, Pelham Bay on Monday Night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

An explosion in the Bronx borough of New York City rocked houses on Monday night, prompting residents to wonder what caused the vibrations across Scarsdale, Pelham Bay, Country Club and other areas, as well as Westchester.

A Fire Department of New York spokesperson told the New York Post that the explosion was from a box of fireworks detonating in Pelham Bay Park at about 11:15 p.m. However, others said that the explosion happened as early as 10:57 p.m.

Read more: www.theepochtimes.com...

Bronx: Explosion Felt Across Scarsdale, Pelham Bay on Monday Night

I'm not buying this box of fireworks excuse.

This occured in Pelham Bay section of the Bronx. I have been to this park and have lived nearby and travel past this area frequently in travels.

I also lived in Westchester for over twenty years.

When I was a kid I could go up to the roof of my apartment building in Mt. Vernon and see the fireworks from all over. I never heard any though.

You could hear blockbusters and M80's going off every 3 or 4 seconds on and around the Fourth of July from within Mt. Vernon's city limits.

Never have I heard or felt any fireworks from 30 miles away and I remember people tieing 3 and 4 blockbusters together and making half and quarter sticks of dynomite. Thats how it was in the 80's and 90's.
People blew them up under overpasses to cause maximum loudness.

I read some of the comments on other sites as well and people felt this blast in Long Island and Queens as well as north of Westchester. That doesn't happen when a box of fireworks goes off. You don't feel and hear them for 30 or 50 miles.

Houses shook, furniture moved, windows broke an probably more.

Also the timing reported by the FDNY is not matching the times of the witness reports.

What do you think ATS?

Here is another link to the story - Please see comments below story.

nypost.com...
edit on 12/31/2013 by csulli456 because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Yeah, didn't sound like fireworks to me. But I predict that folks will question for a bit, then just shut up and swallow the official line. As usual.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Time will tell.

The Twitter feeds have been going nuts with witness testimony.

A possibility is that it was a test of some major grade explosives - this is the most worrisome scenario as it begs to question - test for what?

edit on 12/31/2013 by csulli456 because: editing was needed

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
one comment in the article struck me....if it were fireworks wouldn't it have been a series of loud bangs and whistles and not just one big boom that shook buildings for miles away? Not buying the fireworks explanation

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I live across the highway from where this happened (Busco's Deli block if you're from the area). My girlfriend & I were sitting here watching a movie when around 10:55pm we heard a MASSIVE BOOM & our entire house shook. At first we thought it was an accident on the highway so I ran to the front window to check, I didn't see anything at first except for a couple kids out front looking in the direction the blast came from. A few seconds later my brother in law came downstairs asking me if I can see the smoke from my window. I look back outside & across the highway this time and see a massive, black,"mushroom"/smoke cloud going up. I ran back to grab my iPhone & open my scanner app so I could see what the local chatter was...next thing I know there's cop cars flying past. A few minutes later FDNY & EMS followed.

At first they were saying they didn't know what it was,but the windows on the block were broken & blown out. Then it slowly turned into "fireworks",then commercial grade explosives,then a pipe bomb,second to last was a truck carrying fireworks for the NYE event overturned,caught fire & exploded...then it became a very "definite" 6-8 Mortars tied together on the pitchers mound of Field #1 at Pelham Bay Park. Now that has become the official story, 6-8 Mortars tied together. Being as close as I was to this, I HIGHLY DOUBT it was what they're claiming it to be.

Also,as I stated in the beginning,this happened at 10:55-10:57PM,12/30/2013....I have the people in front and people from my house running out to see what happened on camera. This did NOT happen at 11:15PM like they claim.I know it's not much to add & this is only my 2nd post here on ATS, but I wanted to provide an actual first hand witness account to "the record".
edit on 12/31/2013 by FEAR420 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
We had something like that a few weeks ago in Virginia. I am not sure if it was ever reported on though. My daughter and I were in the house, I was in the kitchen washing dishes and she was in the living room playing her game when there was a huge BOOM followed by the house shaking. I came through the house to look through the front door thinking one of the log trucks had driven off the road and there was nothing.

I never did quite figure out what it was and didn't bother calling anybody about it because I have heard those "mysterious booms" everyone has been talking about as well. This boom was different and solo.

I am curious to see what story they decide to stick with on this even though I don't live there.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

Meteorite? I heard one years ago while I was across the yard talking to my mom, and I remember it was a ncie summer day, pretty quiet in the country, then the loudest boom I have ever heard. Felt it in my chest, everywhere in my body, and I remember my knees felt weak like an instinct to get on the ground. Turns out it was the sonic boom and pressure wave of a meteorite that was caught on camera as far as MD, across PA, and broke up over NY somewhere. Just a few nights ago (xmas morning just past midnight actually) I saw something, and then found a video online of one, and noticed their have been many vids of booms from meteorites lately. Maybe chunks of ISON hitting us?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FEAR420

Yes I know the deli you are referring to.

I have lived in Throggs Neck and I had the laudromat nearby on Midletown Road off Crosby back in 05-06.

I have family in the area and am on the Throggs Neck Expressway driving past Pelham Bay Park all the time or on the service road beating traffic.

Even if soemone tied 5 sticks of dynomite together it wouldn't be heard or felt for 50 miles.

Tieing a few mortars together is like fusing together some M80's or blockusters - this has been done thousands of times by kids in the past and never has it been felt for or heard for miles that I know of.

The fact that you saw a black mushroom cloud in the aftermath may mean something as far as what was used for the explosion.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

This idea is possible.

However there should be evience of a meteor - maybe being kept quiet.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

csulli456
reply to post by FEAR420

Yes I know the deli you are referring to.

I have lived in Throggs Neck and I had the Laundromat nearby on Middletown Road off Crosby back in 05-06.

I have family in the area and am on the Throggs Neck Expressway driving past Pelham Bay Park all the time or on the service road beating traffic.

I know the place. My GF actually works in the Laundromat just outside of Edgewater.

Even if someone tied 5 sticks of dynamite together it wouldn't be heard or felt for 50 miles.

Tying a few mortars together is like fusing together some M80's or blockusters - this has been done thousands of times by kids in the past and never has it been felt for or heard for miles that I know of.

The fact that you saw a black mushroom cloud in the aftermath may mean something as far as what was used in the explosion.

This is why I wanted to get at least one "eyewitness account" on record. What we heard & felt most certainly was NOT "A box of fireworks" or "6-8 Mortars tied together". I've been around fireworks my whole life as I'm sure you have with the City Island/Orchard Beach/Pelham Bay Park, Glen Island, Manhattan, etc, etc fireworks displays. The finales don't FEEL the way this felt. And I'm also pretty sure that most, if not all fireworks will burn with a lighter smoke than thick black.
edit on 12/31/2013 by FEAR420 because: fixed quotes

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FEAR420

I lived in Edgewater for 7 years and know the laundromat next to Sweeney's you are referring to.

We would have a nice show on the seawall in Edgewater each Fourth of July as well as being able to see other shows from New Ro to LI.

Where I live now they have professional fireworks displays on a weekly basis in the summer and also at other times throughout the year. The finalies are huge and even echoed an made louder by the surrounding mountains as they are shot off over a lake.

The explosions are huge and can be heard for a mile or two but even with the huge finalies and the shape of the landscape producing a louder effect it doesn't shake homes nor is it felt or heard 40 miles away like the reports of people in Harrison or down in NJ hearing this.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I'm only tagging this thread, it seems very interesting and want to come back to it in the morning. At least for now it doesn't sound like anyone was hurt (which is good).

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I look back outside & across the highway this time and see a massive, black,"mushroom"/smoke cloud going up.
reply to post by FEAR420

If you saw a black mushroom cloud, than it would have been some kind of an explosion. Since you live so close to this, were you able to walk over to the sight to see what could have caused the explosion? Did your windows shatter?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
the commenters here aren't buying the fireworks story either

www.nbcnewyork.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

WeRpeons

I look back outside & across the highway this time and see a massive, black,"mushroom"/smoke cloud going up.
reply to post by FEAR420

If you saw a black mushroom cloud, than it would have been some kind of an explosion. Since you live so close to this, were you able to walk over to the sight to see what could have caused the explosion? Did your windows shatter?

No. My GF had called a few friends who lived on that side of the highway and on the actual block and they told us not to bother coming down because the area was all blocked & taped off already. I do however plan on taking the dogs for an extra long walk sometime today and getting a good look at the site first hand.

Out of the two people that I spoke to that live directly across the street from the park both have confirmed that it wasn't the sky falling in any way and that it WAS an explosion of some sort...but NOBODY is buying the "fireworks" BS. 8 Mortars, even compressed in a tube, wouldn't make a bomb with enough pressure to be felt for damn near 50 miles, I think I've watched enough myth busters to know that one.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well of course you're not buying the true story that would ruin a good conspiracy thread now wouldn't it
Want to know what I am not buying? I am not buying the story you feel like telling because it's stupid.
It says plain as day it was fireworks. No no must be those rotten powers that be trying to frighten the people of the Bronx into doing their evil will. You guys could make a conspiracy out of garbage collection.

(post by AutumnWitch657 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FEAR420

Everyone knows the government set off a nuclear device in the Bronx last night. They are using NYC as a testing ground for the attack they planned all along to destroy the country and
Fulfill the prophecy of the great PTB. It couldn't be anything but.
They start in one of the lesser boroughs. Staten Island is next. Then they move to the more important boroughs like Queens, Brooklyn and finally Manhattan

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I look back outside & across the highway this time and see a massive, black,"mushroom"/smoke cloud going up. I r
reply to post by FEAR420

I see no reason why anybody who was not there would be so rude as to accuse you of being a liar! Well, actually, I do.
Some people are so close-minded and set in their ways that they must make every event in life fit their views, and ridicule those that don't.
A 'mushroom' cloud is never a good sign. It will be interesting to note if any new illness begins in that area....It's not like the government hasn't experimented on us before.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I live in pelham bay - thought it was my tenant's tv being on too loud.
The media was too quick to come up with the fireworks story.

edit on 31-12-2013 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join