It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you have a 1 ways ticket to 2000 bc would you take it???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Someone has discovered a time portal. It's a chance for you to go back in time to 2000BC. You'd be way back in the days of almost like cavemen. Well there were civilizations but they were brutal. If you go threw the time machine you can take nothing with with you but what's in your head. Then you'd have to fend for yourself. Plus you could never come back either. But you'd be place in the Eastern hemisphere like europe so you could run into more people should you choose do that.

Would you take the time portal or not? and why???

edit on 31-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Of course I would, this way I can carve laws in modern english that says the absolute opposite of everything created and found thousands of years later on stone and put them in a place I know someone in modern times would find them, I'd even describe moon landings of Americans and Michael Jackson so that way modern scholars and ancient astronaut theorists would be all kinds of WTF. I would do it for spite and then I would name myself in the same documents to be supreme ruler of the world that way when I am born 80,000 years later I had already set myself up for at least a couple of bucks in tv time, and I would do it all out of spite. I think me and the Cavies would get along just fine as well after I march them into the woods and show them certain herbs lol

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I wasn't gonna but after I read your reply I decided I wanna go with you.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Hell yeah, its a shame we can't bring tech with us that way we could put an obelisk on the moon with our names social security numbers and addresses on it along with instructions on how we like our steak it would say "Terrymcquire and Brotherman wuz here" watch the people go crazy like how did social security numbers of ATS members get on the moon its a conspiracy they obviously work for hollywood and would never guess, "time portal" and for the sap that does say time portal will be told to take his tin foil hat off. hahahahahahaha the possibilities would be endless.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

And what if this time portal will accommodate only 144,000 individuals who can return to 144,000 points of historical importance.

And each of these individuals could take along with them 144,000 other individuals with specific knowledge of those points of history.We could re-engineer our whole world from places in the past.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I would prefer more of 4000bc and hope for some reason I had immortality to live through the years until our time we live now.

I defiantly start ancient Sumeria, as to why, too watch the history we know so little about play through, even if that means watching people make pottery.

I also would like it stand upon Vesuvius itself to see Glaber fall.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
2000 bc in europe you say i would jump at the chance the first thing i would do is head for Egypt to see what the pyramids looked like were they ancient then or nearly new

things were not so primative as we think back then plumbing was around in some places but it would be worth giving up modern life for that thrill but only if you are a man .

and think of the thing's that you could invent

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Hell no. I get antsy when the power goes out for more than a,day. Why would anyone want to go back in time to when life expectancy was only 45 years. Boring no Tv no internet. Up at dawn to bed when the sun sets. Poor quality food not to mention no real variety. Water beer or wine are your only drink choices.
edit on AM0000003100000012120114312013-12-31T07:14:28-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

TerryMcGuire

And what if this time portal will accommodate only 144,000 individuals who can return to 144,000 points of historical importance.

And each of these individuals could take along with them 144,000 other individuals with specific knowledge of those points of history.We could re-engineer our whole world from places in the past.

I kinda wonder why you are using the 144000 reference from revelation about the sealed ones?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes! My knowledge and size would give me a distinct advantage. I would become a powerful warlord and certainly go down in history as one of the greats

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Pretty sure food has been good for a long time and growing up in the 70s i didnt have internet or cable so thats not a deal breaker. Also pretty sure people could stay up late too

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think I would do it. As long as there wasn't dinosaours still. I'd like to be able to go back with at least the clothes of my back though. It would be very tough but I think I could survive. Probably instead of eating daily you'd end up eating one good meal a week at best. So you'd finally lose that FAT BEER BELLY you've been working so hard to show off!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If I can't take anything with me, no way. I wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone. I'd be totally at the mercy of any civilization I happen to come across. I wouldn't be able to build anything with the tools available at the time. Food and shelter would consume nearly all my time. I wouldn't last very long.

It would be a toss-up which would kill me first: disease, malnutrition, exposure, wild animals, or idiot humans.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

We have most everything we have today from Nature. You can build most anything. Even metal workings.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

no chance... I likely wouldn't speak the language...

I'd probably be burnt at the stake as a witch or a heretic...

Im stayin put...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

It would be more accurate to say that it could be built, but that doesn't mean I could build it. Especially when I can't speak the language of whomever I encounter.

For instance, I know that steel needs iron and carbon, and a furnace capable of higher temperatures than was generally available at the time. I don't know how to mine iron ore. I don't know a good source of carbon. I don't know the ratio of iron to carbon for good steel. I probably couldn't explain to anyone of that era how to make a blast furnace or even why it should be built.

I'm reminded of a Twilight Zone episode. At least I think it was Twilight Zone. The Devil, played by Julie Newmar, made a deal with a millionare to send him back a few decades. The first thing he did was buy a piece of land that he knew was rich in oil. He didn't realize that the drilling technology of that time couldn't reach the oil, so the land was worthless to him. He tried to explain how to construct a derrick that could go deep enough to reach the oil, but he didn't have the technical expertise to explain it.

He wound up spending his latter years as a janitor in the company he used to own, and his former janitor was the owner of the company.

That's how I could see things going. I would know the basics of, say, gun construction. But I would be lucky if I could make a workable flintlock in a decade with what would be available in 2000 BC. And that would be if I could communicate to the people of the time what I was trying to do and why. I would know that accurate maritime navigation would depend on creating an accurate chronometer, but I sure as heck couldn't build one.

Just surviving during that time would be a full time job, assuming I wasn't killed on the spot for being a demon or just plain different.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Just being fanciful. The original post seemed nothing more than fantasy to me so I continued on in that vein with a fanciful number. I might have just used 100,000.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire

ya stop jacking the thread you jack off!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Dear sir. You offered a loosely structured conjecture to which I believed I was offering back conjecture in the vein of the original post. Apparently not. Apparently I stumbled into some kind of " play by my rules or I will get pissed off when you idiots don't play by my rules kinda survey or something.

I mean you are calling names over a thread that supposes a time portal?

So, do you want to apologize for your rudeness or what?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

How long would a person survive. 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or more?
Its a tough place 2000BC no internet, no café, no library, no Tv, no car, and if your lucky you will have a cave for shelter that you may have to fight over with a saber tooth bear.

edit on 1-1-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join