It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watch UFC 168????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
that was a pretty good ufc show ahh? Like I haven't seen one that good in a while! I mean the crazy stuff that happened. A lot of action wow! As for Anderson Silva, he's probably made somewhere close to 20 mil. He should now retire, that's it for him! Plus he lives in Brazil so that money is more like 100 mil in there buying power. Ronda Rousy was amazing, but she has to learn to control her anger and be sportwoman like after a show. I know she's all mad and stuff, that killer instinct probably helps her to win as I know first had what that's like. I was a bully in JR high so I honestly had that killer instinct. You don't just turn it off and shake your opponents hand. You want to spit in there face after you already won. So the crowd was dumb, typical sheep. And that one guy was dripping like a faucet, that was bad! Just tons of good fights. I couldn't believe it! Maybe they have a biggest knockout and other prises for fighters that keep the event eventful. Otherwise they'd all just go out trying not to get hurt.

edit on 31-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

YEP that was a sick leg break he wont b fighting again,but makn millions as a trainer

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
growing up, i remember seeing Tim Krumrie from the Bengals break his leg like that in the Super Bowl. Jesus...just no.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Luckily for Anderson Silva, his operation was a great success and the break(s) [tibia + fibia] were very clean.

In 9 months he should be ready to train again if he desires to attempt a comeback.

But from watching his last 6 fights I have noticed that he has been floating on his guile and skill while his athleticism has taken a massive dive, ultimately due to his age.

In my eyes Silva is the all time greatest, with Jon Jones narrowly behind. Jones nearly lost a toe against Sonnen, and his Gustaffson war also rendered him in the hospital. So I imagine he will be playing it safe, cherry picking opponents as much as he can. This is something I don't respect at all, I think Gus deserves a rematch ASAP.

And then we have welterweight, GSP alongside Silva proving that there is no graceful way to leave the UFC. You're either broken and beaten, or labeled a "coward" such as GSP has.
Hendricks versus Lawler should be an amazing fight, though I imagine it will end very quickly due to Hendricks' superior training- but two heavy hitters will be entertaining, at least for the 30 seconds the fight will last.

In conclusion, Weidman + Hendricks + Jones all have their hands full. Weidman with Belfort and Jones with Gus, Hendricks perhaps may have it easier on himself due to the lack of competition.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Interesting to see if Silva wants to come back if he is able to fully recover. (Which has been done before but not quite the same age level.)

A lot of people were giving crap about taking away from Weidman and his win, the reality is that he got hit hard by leg kicks last fight and his camp went overtime on training him to check kicks. Checking kicks is not easy (quite painful), but done correctly and they can render the attacker in more pain than the defender.

He was winning the round regardless and I think it's a clean win.

I enjoyed Silva and his reign, but, this will finally shut up the whiners about the current Champion only speaking Portuguese and quite possibly bring in a long term "All American" guy at the top of the division. Which is probably good for the UFC from a business perspective.

I was hoping Meisha Tate was going to pull something out of her hat, but she really stood 0 chance against Rousy's Judo. But, sure as hell the -700 odds Vegas was giving was complete bull, because it went a lot longer than a round and Rousy was not doing so well in the stand up.

Rest of the fights... Nothing I can think to comment on off the top of my head.
edit on 31-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
20 million? Not even close. He makes around 450k per fight (Main event).

Edit: It was 600k. UFC fighters are under paid and it's a damn shame since they're more prone to injury than in any other sport. There's been a lot of debate going on about wages.

And Silva never had anything on Chris, he's passed his prime and he should've left with a W. He's done, it will take around 3 years to fully recover, mentally and physically (physically 6 months or so).

edit on 31-12-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Miesha Tate / Ronda Rousey
-Best fight of the night.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I heard that the [Anderson/Weidman] fight took a "turn of unexpected events" so I watched the replay of it. I was anxious to find out if Silva won, or got knocked out in similar fashion. As my eyes remained lasered on the tv, all emotions focused on what "event" would take place, as soon as I heard the snap and crack of Silva's leg, I almost threw up.

That was nasty and I felt really bad for Silva. I am glad that he was surgically fixed asap, but I felt bad for the turn in his UFC career. Very unlucky chance, but those are some of the risks fighters play against in any match.

If Silva retires, and so does GSP, then 2013 would be viewed as the worst retirement stories of the greatest fighters ever to wear the title belt.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

DeadSnow

Edit: It was 600k. UFC fighters are under paid and it's a damn shame since they're more prone to injury than in any other sport. There's been a lot of debate going on about wages.

And Silva never had anything on Chris, he's passed his prime and he should've left with a W. He's done, it will take around 3 years to fully recover, mentally and physically (physically 6 months or so).

The payout is a drop in the bucket in comparison to what they make on the side via promotions and under the table dealings.

What'd ya think, Silva ate Burger King?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I saw the replay after the fight was done, i felt so sick seeing is leg snap and bend in a weird angle, probably ends is career too.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

ThinkingCap

DeadSnow

The payout is a drop in the bucket in comparison to what they make on the side via promotions and under the table dealings.

You clearly have no idea on what you're talking about. Silva and Belfort are some of the few fighters that have been fortunate enough to even buy homes. Thanks to large sponsors and decades of sacrifice, moving up from vale tudo. In other news people like Chris Leben are still broke despite having fought over 35 or so times. They get paid peanuts, a quick search will sort it out. Dana white was in the spotlight over fighter pay earlier this year.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

ThinkingCap

More like Weidman drank his Monster Milk...and had the stronger bone.

Milk one, BK nothing.
edit on 31-12-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

ThinkingCap
Luckily for Anderson Silva, his operation was a great success and the break(s) [tibia + fibia] were very clean.

In 9 months he should be ready to train again if he desires to attempt a comeback.

But from watching his last 6 fights I have noticed that he has been floating on his guile and skill while his athleticism has taken a massive dive, ultimately due to his age.

In my eyes Silva is the all time greatest, with Jon Jones narrowly behind. Jones nearly lost a toe against Sonnen, and his Gustaffson war also rendered him in the hospital. So I imagine he will be playing it safe, cherry picking opponents as much as he can. This is something I don't respect at all, I think Gus deserves a rematch ASAP.

And then we have welterweight, GSP alongside Silva proving that there is no graceful way to leave the UFC. You're either broken and beaten, or labeled a "coward" such as GSP has.
Hendricks versus Lawler should be an amazing fight, though I imagine it will end very quickly due to Hendricks' superior training- but two heavy hitters will be entertaining, at least for the 30 seconds the fight will last.

In conclusion, Weidman + Hendricks + Jones all have their hands full. Weidman with Belfort and Jones with Gus, Hendricks perhaps may have it easier on himself due to the lack of competition.

Well, maybe he can come back then. He made 800,000 for that fight aparently so my guess is that goes a long way in Brazil. That's like having 8 million in brazillian bitcoins. Probably a good chance he'll just keep fighting until they eventually kick him out. Or at least give him a few more fights to see if he's capable for any kind of comeback.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

ThinkingCap

Milk one, BK nothing.

you have a good point. Maybe I should start drinking milk again. I haven't drank milk in years and I just chipped a tooth for no good reason at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

ThinkingCap

DeadSnow

I'm talking about over his whole career, could be many millions

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

canucks555
Miesha Tate / Ronda Rousey
-Best fight of the night.

Well the thing I liked about it is they actually fought. I hate it when they go from fighting to sparing because they don't want to get hurt and they just want to get paid. That is the new trend in MMA. Like that ReeChee guy said on TUF "forget what dana white is saying, our goal is just not to get hurt here!" or something like that. So now half the fights are not actually fights. They're just sparing matches.

Now the secret behind this match is after the fight he changed his name and moved to hollywood

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

spartacus699

Skywatcher2011

ThinkingCap

Milk one, BK nothing.

you have a good point. Maybe I should start drinking milk again. I haven't drank milk in years and I just chipped a tooth for no good reason at all.

Drink milk and lay off the pop...plus brushing teeth regularly. If you don't decide to drink more milk, at least take Calcium supplements and lay off any caffeinated products (which are known to deplete your calcium strores)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

spartacus699

Skywatcher2011

ThinkingCap

Milk one, BK nothing.

Drink milk and lay off the pop...plus brushing teeth regularly. If you don't decide to drink more milk, at least take Calcium supplements and lay off any caffeinated products (which are known to deplete your calcium strores)

oh great now you tell me

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What about Travis brown Destroying barnett? That was impressive.
2nd

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

spartacus699

Skywatcher2011

spartacus699

Skywatcher2011

ThinkingCap

Milk one, BK nothing.

oh great now you tell me

Common knowledge my friend...

new topics

top topics

join