It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare - 2013 Year End Report In - At least 3 Million Net Loss Of Insured Due To Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Clearly....

the only part of the Øbamacare/ACA law that is working properly are the health policies for the millions of individuals who were Exempted from the obamacare disaster.

Congress, the person occupying the oval office, the IRS enforcers and some 13,000 corporations (Big campaign donors) are the only bright spot of this health insurance monstrosity ~ because they are exempt...
(at least for the forseeable future they are all exempt from the mandate)

i would like the Law to be applied to everyone.... the health insurance industry individual corporations whom supply the private & 'exempt' policies should be required to maintain at least 50% of their health policies that are the Federal Government menu of BRONZE-SILVER-GOLD-PLATINUM policies that are dictated under the ACA...

those insurance providers must be required to supply the mandated policies to the public...instead of just having their old private but inadequate (according to the Law) coverage plans that make them serious profits
the 'exempted' providers of health ins, to the 13 thousand exempted corporations/unions/deep pocket political contributers, need to 'share the pain' like everyone else is my opinion

lets make the playing field level... the exempted policies should be considered 'Obscene' profits and either done-away with or taxed out the butt ...just to 'socialize' the health care paradigm

ADD: if it weren't for the millions of 'Exempt from 0bamacare' people with company health insurance coverage... we would be seeing the collapse of the ACA Law already unfolding...

so in my opinion... all those people in 'exempted' coverage will be stealthly cancelled by some sort of sneaky trick, maybe by attrition as the people retire that had health policies outside of 0bamacare..
their replacements will not be allowed to participate in that one-off 'exemption'...

I just know that the current ~divide~ between the privately insured coverage and the mandated, socialized health coverage will eventually become a contentious point after the sheeple wake up to the elitist-serf class divide
edit on st31138851418531232014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I like how the spokesperson said " People are signing up so they can get affordable health care".

These people are mentally ill, a real genuine mental illness. Or they are so afraid of Obama's goon squad if they say anything at all that is even remotely close to the truth..

It is almost like the world has completely turned inside out..

I have not signed up for this (Whatever it is), it sure isn't affordable health care coverage, and I won't ever sign up.
edit on 31-12-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by elouina

5 million lost coverage due to Obamacare.

That's more Republican wishful thinking and willful misunderstanding, bordering on lying.

Care to back up that claim with a source?
edit on 12/31/2013 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

This AP article has a state by state rundown including some status on the Obama excetion-delay.

By The Associated Press December 26, 2013 4:09 PM

The "Doctor" will see you now.

Millions of Americans who buy their own health insurance were informed this fall that their policies would no longer be offered starting in 2014 because they do not meet the higher standards of the federal Affordable Care Act. The actual number of people receiving the notices is unclear, in part because officials in nearly 20 states say they do not have the information or are not tracking it.

Some states tracked the policy notifications through their insurance departments or health care exchanges. In other states, the largest private insurers released the number of discontinuation notices they issued.

President Barack Obama then said insurance companies could allow the older policies to continue, but left that decision to the states and individual insurers. The response has been mixed.

Policy notifications and current status, by state

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You conservatives need to learn to read. Nowhere in that list is there any indication of whether the people whose policies were cancelled were offered or purchased another policy. If they got another policy, they didn't 'lose insurance'.

So the title '3 million net loss of insured' is just a lie.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

DrEugeneFixer

You conservatives need to learn to read. Nowhere in that list is there any indication of whether the people whose policies were cancelled were offered or purchased another policy. If they got another policy, they didn't 'lose insurance'.

well uh um

can you show us where and how they got new policies ?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

xuenchen

DrEugeneFixer

well uh um

can you show us where and how they got new policies ?

No, but why should I? You are the ones making the claim that they didn't get another policy. I just pointed out that you didn't provide any evidence for your claim.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

You forgot about the part that gives subsidies and tax credits.

Many middle income people qualify.

But ONLY IF you buy off the exchanges.

Direct purchases don't allow for the subsidies and tax credits.

Obviously if somebody gets cancelled, they would want anything that will help right?

And I think the 5 million cancellations is a conservative number as many states are not reporting.

It could easily be 10 million.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

xuenchen
Obviously if somebody gets cancelled, they would want anything that will help right?

Maybe so, but I haven't seen any evidence on this one way or the other. It's a simple question of fact, which you just decided to assume was true, without saying so. This is something that should be researched, not just assumed without evidence.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The Obamacare prices suck. I am self employed and have been since late last year. I am thinking of utilizing one of these Christian Ministries health care plans to avoid the Obamacare extraordinary and exorbitant price gouging fiasco.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

DrEugeneFixer

Do you not know what the term "net loss" means? It is the number left over after all the cancellations and enrollments have been tallied up. So if someone loses insurance than turns around and enrolls on the PPACA website, then the net loss/gain is 0. If 2 people lose their insurance and get added to an existing pool of 7 people of uninsured people, then 4 of them sign up for health insurance at the website, the net loss is 5.

So if 5 million people lose their insurance and 2 million people sign up, the total change in insured people is a change of -3 million. Another term for that is net loss of 3 million. It doesn't matter if some of the 2 million people signing up lost their insurance and got new insurance or never had it to begin with. The net loss is still 3 million. So what you said in that post is wrong. There are still 3 million more people without insurance than before PPACA went into effect.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
So if 5 million people lose their insurance and 2 million people sign up, the total change in insured people is a change of -3 million.

I just went over this issue with Xenchuen, two posts ago. Your math is only correct if you make the assumption that those people whose policies are cancelled do not purchase policies off the exchanges. Nobody has provided any evidence that this assumption is true, so basically the headline of this thread is a fraud.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

I think the problem xuenchen, and others in this thread, are having with the "math" is that it's the progressive math.

This is the same math that says we had millions of jobs created; never mind, the millions that were laid off and immediately rehired to add millions to the "jobs created" number.

So, I get where you are coming from. Millions of insured lost their coverage, so they HAVE to be re-insured somewhere, or somehow, right?

Progressive math. Sadly, it isn't working here.
edit on 3-1-2014 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Spare me. I pointed out a basic mathematical error in the claim of the thread. If you want to provide evidence that none or very few of the people whose policies were cancelled purchased insurance off the exchanges, go ahead and post it. Until then, it would seem that the idea that millions more will be uninsured is based on some big assumptions.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by SourGrapes

Spare me. I pointed out a basic mathematical error in the claim of the thread. If you want to provide evidence that none or very few of the people whose policies were cancelled purchased insurance off the exchanges, go ahead and post it. Until then, it would seem that the idea that millions more will be uninsured is based on some big assumptions.

But don't you think that with such great news like people automatically and immediately buying new more expensive policies after being cancelled would be perfect news for the Administration and insurance companies to broadcast as successful ?

Silence is golden.

They *only* emphasize the good news.

And still what about the alleged 50 million who are uninsured ?

Where are they lately?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

But don't you think that with such great news like people automatically and immediately buying new more expensive policies after being cancelled would be perfect news for the Administration and insurance companies to broadcast as successful ?

Abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
OMG!
3 million * say a minimum of $500?
that a loss of $1,500,000,000. Plus?
lots more than that!

more money obama has Lots america.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join