It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare - 2013 Year End Report In - At least 3 Million Net Loss Of Insured Due To Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Been taking a nice vacation from conspiracy forums over the holidays. But I had to stop by since I feel something is not getting enough attention. You all remember those Friday data dumps right? Well, this one is such a whopper, the Obama admin snuck it through on a Sunday while avoiding the delicate issue of math!

By: Marilyn Tavenner, Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Posted December 29, 2013

As we continue our open enrollment campaign, we experienced a welcome surge in enrollment as millions of Americans seek access to affordable health care coverage through new Health Insurance Marketplaces nationwide. More than 1.1 million people enrolled in a qualified health plan via the Federally-facilitated Marketplace from October 1 to December 24, with more than 975,000 of those enrolling this month alone. Our HealthCare.gov enrollment nearly doubled in the days before the January 1 coverage deadline compared to the first few weeks of the month

HHS.gov Enrollment Surged Prior to the Deadline for Coverage on January 1

According to Marilyn Tavenner's numbers, 2 million signed up for Obamacare in time for Jan 2014 coverage. But what has suddenly everyone forgot about? Oh yeah, 5 million lost coverage due to Obamacare. So as it stands right now, 3 million less people have health insurance as a direct result of Obamacare. And these were people that were paying for their own coverage. But oh yeah, generous Obama waved his imperial wand and told folks that they were all exempt from the mandate due to catastrophic events. Yes folks, Obama has admitted that Obamacare is a catastrophic event. Yeah that one didn't slip by me. LOL...

Now remember folks, the 2 million enrolled includes those that have not paid which is somewhere around 50%. So we may be even looking at 4 million people losing their health insurance as a result of Obamacare. Yes Obama is the king of fools.

After Months of Promoting Obamacare, Obama Admin Quietly Announces a Net Loss of 3 Million Insurance Plans

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
And their still not even close to the (claimed) 50 million that don't have insurance.

The horror stories next month will probably kill thousands (by high blood pressure and heart attacks) that thought they had insurance.

"Get Covered" and hope it's not by a cat (or a medical examiner) !!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Its so true!!! some of us have great stories!! pretty stories!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't believe their 2 million "fuzzy math, funny numbers" quote myself. But the fact is, Obamacare was supposed to ensure easy coverage for everyone and it is working about as well for that as eating twinkies does to cure diabetes.

There will be more people without coverage and Obama will still not admit defeat and head back to the drawing board. His ego won't allow it, so folks will go without care, without insurance, without medications, and yes... some will die because Obama can't take a blow to his ego.

Any respect I had for this man died long ago and withered just like Obamacare has.
edit on 12/31/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I heard it on Fox News that only 10-15% have actually paid.

Not sure if it is correct, but it sounds about right with the prices.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

whyamIhere
I heard it on Fox News that only 10-15% have actually paid.

Not sure if it is correct, but it sounds about right with the prices.

It's difficult to get any numbers from them. I was being generous with the 50%. They knocked millions of hard working people off their insurance plans to insure a few. And I wonder how many of those millions will not be able to afford the new prices. Why can't that Obama fool admit he made a mistake and freeze everything in place while they sort it out. This is what happens when something gets breezed through without debate by the opposing political party. Fools... Utter fools...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I think they're being fuzzy with the numbers for a reason. Let's say 'mom' enrolls ... and then attaches her 12 kids ... and for good measure the family(ies) of illegal aliens living next door.

How many 'enrollees' does that account for? One person logging in equals 30 people enrolled?

I had actually considered posting this in the Predictions/Prophesies forum. -chuckle-

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well according to Democrat E. H. Norton from the D.C. area .
The numbers are Low because of the Republicans.
You see,,,, People believe the Law was Repealed. Yea, that's what she said.

The lower-than-hoped-for enrollment numbers on the federal exchanges are due to Republican efforts to repeal Obamacare, Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D., D.C.) argued on Monday. Norton blamed a “negative propaganda campaign” by Republicans that confused Americans into thinking that the law was no longer in effect.

“There are millions of people out there who think it was repealed, so there was no way to break through that very easily,” she told MSNBC. Norton also pointed out that the “debacle of a website” made matters worse because it “seemed to confirm that [the law] must have been repealed, or should have been repealed.”

Evil Republicans
Actually it's the MSNBC, NPR and Huffington Post Americans
People think law is repealed
It's not the fact that the Website is a POS or the Premiums are Higher, No it's the Evil Republicans.
For many of you out there, I wish they did Repeal obamacare.
edit on 31-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

5 million lost coverage due to Obamacare.

That's more Republican wishful thinking and willful misunderstanding, bordering on lying.

Care to back up that claim with a source?
edit on 12/31/2013 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

Wow... What a weak argument...

Care to back up ANY CLAIM that is pro ACA that has a CREDIBLE SOURCE??? HA!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by elouina

That's more Republican wishful thinking and willful misunderstanding, bordering on lying.

The 5 million comes from the source linked in the OP and is called "a conservative estimate" meaning, the number is likely to be bigger.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

God Bless America.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by elouina

Wow you have got to be kidding me right? Or does living uninformed make you feel safer? Back in early November there were 4.2 million that lost their plans. I will update this with a more recent number. Oh and I was being conservative by using the article writers numbers. I am well aware that it is anywhere from 6-8 million. But we will never get to the 100% truth due to the liar in chief.

And we all know what is coming in October, right? This is when nearly every American with work provided insurance loses their plan. What happens at that point is everyone's guess. How many will decide to pay the fine? How many will make it unaffordable for employees with the new and improved and very expensive coverage? Etc...

Update, it looks like someone else already posted info. But I do have a link here at ATS in a previous thread with the Obama admins projections for how many will lose their plans. Straight from the horses mouth and made while Obama touted keeping your plan. I can look for it if anyone wants me to.

edit on 31-12-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by elouina

Jezzzzzz, Are you that sold on Obamacare as to not read or even listen to the news and Horror stories of people that have Lost Their Healthcare.
You think Obama Cares or Ever Cared?

Obamacare includes a list of 10 “essential benefits” that health plans must cover—including coverage of maternity services, habilitative services, and pediatric vision care.
The law also requires that most health plans cover at least 60 percent of expected medical expenses. A study last year suggested that more than half of individual market insurance policies do not meet these so-called actuarial value requirements.
Because they do not comply with the law’s new required benefits, one expert has concluded that as many as 85 percent of individual health insurance policies—affecting up to 16 million individuals—will be cancelled due to Obamacare.

The list of 10 essential benefits, is Total B S . Only to put money in the insurance companies pockets.

Obamacare’s effects will not be felt only in the individual market. The Administration’s own regulations assumed that up to 69 percent of small business plans—covering as many as 41 million Americans—could be lost, because they do not comply with Obamacare’s requirements.

Losing Health Insurance

More than 4.2 million Americans have now seen their health insurance policies canceled due to the new regulations.

As Of Nov.07 2013 that's 4.2 Million. Now the Rest of the Story.

"Your 4.2 million number is an interesting one. That's what the count is up to. It's going to get much higher than that. We're going to have these cancelations going into 2014," said Laszewski, predicting that ultimately, 80 percent of people in the individual market will lose their policy due to ObamaCare regulations.

He explained that the "grandfather" provisions written into ObamaCare are "so stringent that very, very few [individual] health insurance policies are going to survive."

Much, Much Higher in 2014!
4.2 million America's droped from Health Care Plans

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Good thread Elouina. I can't believe some still defend this healthcare act and those who passed it. The low percentage of those who have paid could be for several reasons - most of those signing up signed up for Medicaid or Medicare, the premiums aren't actually due until January 2014 (not sure about this one but it's possible), many of those who initially signed up were told that the premiums couldn't be calculated until a later date. I don't know anyone personally that has signed up.

I have always doubted the uninsured figures that were thrown out and, where are they now? It's worse every day and we're losing the game. What's the score now, Obama 17 and Americans 0? Yep, yep, at least that.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by elouina

OP doesn't need to back up his source. Bordering on lying?

Well, you certainly don't seem to get it. We will see who is lying?

Kool Aid much?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ameilia
The 5 million comes from the source linked in the OP and is called "a conservative estimate" meaning, the number is likely to be bigger.

Oh right, you guys think an unsourced claim on a website called Tea Party News Network is a valid source. Nevermind

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer

Ameilia

Oh right, you guys think an unsourced claim on a website called Tea Party News Network is a valid source. Nevermind

It appears you are Fixated only on the OP's source. It would also appear you have not read or ignored on purpose the other source's provided to you.
Yes, these source's prove Obama does what he's done Best.

Now, I'll supply you with more source's to read and maybe, just maybe you'll open your eye's.

From “That Health Care Law, By the Numbers,” by the Associated Press’s Calvin Woodward

“4 million-plus: People whose individual plans were canceled because the plans didn’t measure up under the law [ObamaCare]. The government changed rules to allow substandard plans to exist for another year; it’s not known how many canceled policies will be revived. Another rules change allowed cancellation victims to sign up for bare-bones catastrophic coverage.

More people have lost insurance

These 16 million people are now receiving letters from their carriers saying they are losing their current coverage and must re-enroll in order to avoid a break in coverage and comply with the new health law's benefit mandates––the vast majority by January 1. Most of these will be seeing some pretty big rate increases.

Millions of Americans
The best artcile is from FORBES.
100 ,000 Enrollees and 5 million cancellations

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

My brother signed up, actually found a cheaper plan, posted about it and was contacted to be in a commercial about it. I told him he better get paid for it!

I think he is the exception.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer

Ameilia

It is common knowledge that many many millions lost their coverage. For all we know it could be greater than 10 million. So are you saying that Obama waiving the mandate for these people was for no particular reason? Last I heard it was due to hardship caused by Obamacare. Even your beloved president admitted that he caused a hardship for millions of people.

Instructions for using Google...

1. Type this in the address space of your internet browser - www.google.com
  2. Type some words in blank space provided
  3. Push enter
  4. Select desired result with a mouse pointer
  5. Click desired result with a mouse pointer
  6. Read article (Please place reading glasses on face if you wear them)

Here are a few of my results to get you started:

Six million Americans with private insurance have just lost it. And that’s just the beginning. By the Department of Health and Human Services’ own estimates, about 75 million Americans would have plans that their employers would have the right to cancel. And millions of middle-class workers who will migrate to the exchanges and don’t qualify for government subsidies will see their premiums, deductibles and co-pays go up.

St Augustine record

"So far, at least 4.8 million Americans have received insurance cancellations notices, but Laszewski predicts that the total Obamacare enrollment will be less than half that number on January 1.

Moneynews.com

And here are the projections from the Obama admin for the next wave of cancellations coming up:

John cites the Federal Register, dated June 17, 2010, beginning at page 34,552 (Vol. 75, No. 116). It includes a chart that outlines the Obama administration’s projections. The chart indicates that somewhere between 39 and 69 percent of employer plans would lose their “grandfather” protection by 2013. In fact, for small-business employers, the high-end estimate is a staggering 80 percent (and even on the low end, it’s just a shade under half — 49 percent).

Federal Register, dated June 17, 2010, (Vol. 75, No. 116)

Break down of 4.2 million as of November 7, 2013 (Nearly 2 months ago). And without results for many states in yet! 1 million for the state of California alone!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join