It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shooting in my neighborhood tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Mods wasn't sure where to put this. Please move if needed.

We just had a police shooting in my neighborhood a few hours ago. A friend of my daughters heard the guy across the street making a ruckus and throwing garbage cans into the street. She called the cops over the disturbance, they came, confronted the guy in his house and the next thing he was being wheeled out on a stretcher. He died at the hospital.

Mos es Lake police officer shoots, kills suspect Monday evening

MOSES LAKE – A man died after being shot by a Moses Lake police officer on Monday evening. The officer was responding to a report of a disturbance at a home in the 2,000 block of South Belair Street, according to the Moses Lake police.

The suspect was transported to Samaritan hospital for treatment but later died.

The shooting is being investigated by the Columbia Basin Investigative Team, which is comprised of officers from multiple jurisdictions in Grant and Adams counties.

“There is no other information at this time,” stated police Chief Dave Ruffin. “We recognize the media and the public interest, and we want to ensure that we allow the investigators time to conduct interviews with witnesses, gather evidence and verify information. Within the constraints, we will be able to provide.

From what my daughter told me the guy was always pretty aggressive and drank a lot. The younger girl in the house often had bruises from violence.

No other info at this time but I'll update this when it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Sounds like he turned on the police...maybe he threatened the girl? ...all speculation...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

edit on 30-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Yeah, from what I was told about him from my daughter and her friend the guy was not a nice person.

My question to her was how does her friend feel about being the one who called the cops. I know the guy was supposedly not too nice but now he's dead. She said she doubts her friend will be bothered by it. We'll see.
edit on 288pm0303pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
well call the police on an angry dude he get shot and killed...sounds familiar.....well if he was beating his girlfriend up a major bitch slapping for him would have been appropriate...death by police i am not so sure

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Maybe she won't be bothered at first...but as time ticks on sometimes people forget how mean someone really was and then they regret ...but maybe not. Good luck!...personally I have no room for people like him in this world. Did he deserve to die? Who knows...I can't answer that, but it was Definitely his time, and his time was up!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Maybe she won't be bothered at first...

Yeah, my thinking as well. Sometimes when the night's dark and you can't sleep all kinds of things come back to us. I hope not for her sake.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

yet another post about how crazy the law is getting in the land it is every where in the new's these days
but to kill a man when they could have used a non lethal way stun gun or bean bag gun on him to subdue him till he was sober lucky they never had a pet around or that would have been next

this creep should have ended up in county jail for a while till he sorted himself not the morgue

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I want to believe the guy did something stupid to deserve being killed, like pull a weapon and threaten the officer. I really, really, really, really, really, really want to believe that.

But I don't.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Any updates? Have you found out any more information on what happened? ....and how Are the girls doing?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Any updates? Have you found out any more information on what happened? ....and how Are the girls doing?

Just in (meaning me, news is about 7 hrs old) from a couple sources:

Police Chief Dave Ruffinsaid no officers were injured in the shooting. The name of the officer involved was not released Monday night.

The man fatally shot by Moses Lake police Monday night was identified as 54-year-old James M. Eshelman of Moses Lake, according to Moses Lake police.

Eshelman was shot about 5:30 p.m. Monday after officers responded to a disturbance at a home in the 2000 block of South Belair Drive.

Eshelman was armed with a large knife when officers contacted him, according to police reports.
sourrce1 source2

So he had a "weapon" but they don't say whether he threatened with it or not. Doesn't seem to matter anymore a lot of the time.

My daughter seems fine and didn't mention the incident or say her friend said anything. Guess the friend was probably interviewed.

edit on 772am5252am112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Thanks for the update....keep an eye on you daughter, as it may bother her later on .....or...it may neverer bother her. Let's hope it never does! Good luck!

top topics

join