It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19K Evacuated Amid Indonesia Volcano Eruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

A rumbling volcano in western Indonesia that has been spewing lava and clouds of gas high into the sky has let out a new, powerful burst, prompting warnings for airplanes and triggering panic among villagers, officials said. Nine eruptions have sent lava and searing gas tumbling out of Mount Sinabung in North Sumatra province, said Indonesia's disaster mitigation agency spokesman. The volcano started spitting clouds of gas and lava as high as 23,000 feet in the air late today, but no casualties were reported.

19K Evacuated Amid Indonesia Volcano Eruption

Wow, Indonesia is not having a good weather year. Hopefully no one is hurt killed or loses anything of significance. with any luck this will be as bad as it gets for them.

The term Angry Earth comes to mind but we are seeing more and more environmental drama across the board. Fireballs, Typhoons, Floods, Tornadoes, Droughts and Fires.

It has indeed been a rough one. Humanity is getting it's collective butt whopped this year.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its because of the solar cycle i believe. The sun has flipped its polarity. Also the solar maximum was actually delayed a year. It was supposed to be 2012. Solar maximum has been anticlimactic so to speak.

Solar Cycle 24 has been viewed as quite unpredictable. First, it came late by about a year, with extremely low activity recorded throughout 2009. This prompted astronomers to shift a predicted 2012 peak to 2013. Scientists say the cycle is already among the weakest reported and if the trend continues, the Earth might see another Little Ice Age.

RT

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
There is only one explanation for the critical timing of the volcanological events..

Dragons.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Wrong. Its the underground people that do it, they are jealous of us celebrating new year, they dont have such thing.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I live in Indonesia and have done so for a couple of decades and these sort of evacs are somewhat regular here because of the constant volcanic activity.

I remember some years ago, Yogya, central Java, was evacuated and this incurred the movement of tens of thousands of people within the vicinity of Mt Merapi. White ash was causing serious respiratory problems for the local population.

I just recently returned from Lombok Is. to Java and I lost count of the number of volcanoes we flew over!

Never a boring moment!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

love it!
red fiery dragons i suspect

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Mount Sinabung in North Sumatra province

I guess it's not a mountain? Kinda like Mount St Helens?

top topics

join