It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievably lenient sentence for cop who fingered suspects’ anuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The end of 2013 brought a measure of closure to a long-running Milwaukee police scandal, though some say the officer — and his cohorts — who repeatedly and illegally shoved his fingers up black male suspects’ anal cavities got off with a light sentence considering the flagrant nature of his abuses.

Now I don't know about you but if anyone other than a police officer did this it would be called sexual assault.

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn gradually became aware of what Vagnini was doing but had to wait “a couple of years,” for a proper investigation to take place. Eventually, Vagnini was charged with 25 counts of assault and sexual assault against at least a dozen victims. For his crimes, Vagnini will serve a little over two years in jail.

There you go, 25 counts of assault and sexual assault, not classified as a sex offender and only gets two, yes you read that right, two years in jail. This is ludicrous, this sexual predator used his badge to sexually assault people and only get two years! With 25 counts he should be locked up for a very long time and maybe kept in jail for the rest of his days. He is clearly a threat to society.

Then what about his cohorts, what happened to them well it seems it was no big deal to be helping this predator since they only received a slap on the wrist.

The last of Vagnini’s henchman were sentenced earlier this month. Their punishments amounted to little more than community service and fines in the hundreds of dollars.

Clearly the police and justice departments are in it together so I guess the people in the US need to clean things up themselves as the police won't.

Source

Have at it ATS, whats your opinion?

Mods if you need to move or close please to so.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I agree. He knows the underground system and how to avoid investigative efforts so once he is out he will be off the radar and a huge risk to the public.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Call me old fashioned, but this is past abuse of power...it's just sick. Why in the hell would someone get their rocks off on perpetrating such acts?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

What I think is, this scumbag was the sacrificial lamb of the bunch, to mostly satisfy the public. They felt like they had to do something. More and more though, the message in all these cases of police brutality and misconduct is, "We are untouchable. Get over it." As time goes on, I believe we will see less and less prosecutions, because psychopaths dislike prosecuting their own. Only adamant public outcries will get cases like this prosecuted occasionally. And at some point, that may not be enough either.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

this was posted about 20 minutes before you started this thread. just a heads up

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

It was posted while I was compiling my post, though from a different source. Noticed after I posted mine. It happens.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

What I think is, this scumbag was the sacrificial lamb of the bunch, to mostly satisfy the public.

I agree, the rest of the bunch got off with community service and a small fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he appeals and gets the case thrown out or the punishment reduced to the same as the others so that he can get back on the police force and continue his sexual assaulting.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

no worries, I was just pointing it out. its not a competition... or is it? just kidding.You can't fault someone for being equally disgusted by this incident after all.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Whats really disgusting is they knew he was doing this and they took two years to investigate it!!! This proves that they really had no intent to even stop this sexual predator and was hoping that they could let it die and continue business as usual. Let it be anyone else and they would throw you in a dungeon so deep and dark they would have to pump sunshine to you. Yet this pervert just gets two years.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

pstrron

Whats really disgusting is they knew he was doing this and they took two years to investigate it!!! This proves that they really had no intent to even stop this sexual predator and was hoping that they could let it die and continue business as usual. Let it be anyone else and they would throw you in a dungeon so deep and dark they would have to pump sunshine to you. Yet this pervert just gets two years.

they knew for AT LEAST 2 years. One of the articles I cited claims that one individual filed a complaint as far back as 2008. I think they not only had no intent in stopping what these guys were doing but that it was allowed to happen if not outright sanctioned. I believe this because the DA could easily have gotten convictions for all 4 and opted to give them the proverbial wrist slap. I believe this was because these 4 were the sacrificial lambs to keep everyone else out of it as there is no way this was not allowed if not in fact sanctioned by the Chief and DA. 2 of them got community service and fines of $300, for being involved in a conspiracy to rape that persisted for at least 2 years. Every one of them should have been up on felony sexual assault charges. Now they'll all just apply to work in new jurisdictions. It's the LEO equivalent of moving a pedophile priest to a new parish. Its a disgusting affront to the justice system.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
When I was a teenager, a police officer stopped a friend and myself walking back to our houses after eating at our local Waffle House.

The officer accused us of having drugs on us, and said he would have to search us. He kept saying we were acting nervous and this and that, and to make a long story short, ended up doing what this thread is about to both my friend and I.

We are both males, the officer was a male, and when I asked for his badge number, he threw me against his car and told me it'd be in my best interest to walk home and not speak to anyone about what happened. He was very threatening and made it clear that if I told anyone, something "bad" would happen me.

I struggled with anger, frustration, and other conflicting emotions for quite a while after that....unfortunately this type of abuse isn't uncommon.

Considering how much this type of stuff happens, a male officer sexually molesting a male citizen, imagine how many females probably get sexually abused at the hands of officers.....truly disgusting.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

It's the LEO equivalent of moving a pedophile priest to a new parish. Its a disgusting affront to the justice system.

And then some people wonder why others don't trust the police anymore. The police in the US seem hell bent on either beating, shooting or sexually assaulting the public. Read in the news where there was a number of police officers raping women but you never hear of a conviction. So I agree, they just move the predator to another area and let him continue his criminal activities.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I am just curious how this is not rape?

JAK

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This topic is already available for discussion here:
Please visit the above thread for further information and comment.

Thank you.

top topics

join