It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knockout: Victims of brutal Downtown Mall assault want arrests, and answers from police

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
I have seen a few thread like this. Black on white white on black. That makes no difference in my eyes.

Is racism that big a thing still? I see millions of mixed decent coexisting here.

racism Black and White. In general.. (exceptions are obvious, but overall)

I notice 2 things happening. One is that MANY blacks (under 30) are HIGHLY racist against whites, and MANY whites of the same age are much LESS racist than generations past.

1. Young blacks (under 30)= high % of racists
2. Young whites (under 40) = not racist very
3. Old blacks (40 and over) = not very racist
4. Old whites (50 and over) = quite a few racists..

seriously, the "script is getting flipped" on this whole thing..

Young Blacks are SICK of multi-generational cramped Ghetto neighborhood life.. They are ANGRY that whites are "living better".. AND now that MILLIONS of immigrants who are NOT white have arrived, and within 20 years have Leap Frogged over the inner city multi-generational ghettos dweller in terms of wealth.. THAT IS CAUSING MUCH ANGER.. and if course.. it is "Whitey's fault"

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Actually, as much as I dislike saying this, it IS Whitey's fault for letting in the illegals. Although, being an inner-city person myself, I have to say, the black majority in the 'ghetto' is doing nothing to help themselves. Pretty much like the white folks do. All people in the ghetto live there because they don't want to live anywhere else. Or else, they would. Me included. You can blame other people to your hearts content, but in the end, it is the individual who decides what, and where, and how. Not the group. You have to decide that you want more than you have. Then, you either take it from others by force, or you 'earn' it as a wage-slave working for someone else's benefit. Either way, the choice is yours.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
this behaviour is unacceptable......but i think the cops are too busy handing out tickets a citations for revenue they dont have the "manpower" to be bothered with actual crime...takes too long to investigate and does NOT raise revenue....sad sad world we are living in

Revenue generation aside how exactly does a cop or a hundred cops stop somebody from sucker punching you?

there is no way unless you happen to be standing next to a cop.....i agree with situational awareness,but the problem here is and for example.....if these punks tried that on me and i decided to use my 20 plus years of martial arts experience and beat them into the ground i would more than certainly be charged for protecting myself ....it seems who wins the fight is the person 9 times out of 10 who will get into trouble

the problem with the law these days it comes down to who makes up the best story and who is the easiest to charge with minimal police and paper work....the police do not protect and serve...they punish and enslave....

me personally i would never ring the police or expect them to look after me,but not everyone in society is able to look after themselves....
edit on 31-12-2013 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When I teach people conceal carry (basic pistol) I tell them to avoid the triangle of danger:

1. Bad People
2. Bad Places
3. Bad Times

And if you avoid these three things and are attacked, it's because you were in condition white, unaware or uncaring of your current situation.

So let's see, from the article, we know it was late in downtown Charlotte after midnight. That fits category 3: Bad timing.

Let's give downtown Charlotte the benefit of the doubt and say it's a nice area. He should have been at condition orange (yellow minimum) and when he saw 3 youths (I personally don't care if they were black, white, yellow or orange, doesn't matter) he should of went the other way quickly. If he tripped and didn't see them because they jumped out of a darkened doorway (unlikely), he should have drawn his weapon (being 5'4" for a dude, that's definitely a reason to carry). That meets category 1: bad people.

Oh yeah, his girlfriend said he is passive. So he wasn't armed.

Wonder if he's passive now?

edit on 31-12-2013 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I hear ya hans, but it doesn't matter about where they live, or who isn't or is their daddies, that they don't have the latest michael jordan airs.

It doesn't matter. There are unwritten and written laws of how to act in society, and they aren't. It's that simple. Black or white or yellow, we all should adhere to these.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, first of all, this SHOULDN'T be a race issue. These are punks that are part of the problem in America and society in general. They should be targeted, investigated and given the longest, hardest sentence possible. Why? Because this is terrorism. It creates a fear of being out there in public.

Second...why isn't anyone treating this as a hate crime? I'll say it...look at our president and the head of the DOJ. Look at their actions and inactions. They happen to be black and that shouldn't be an issues for anyone. It isn't for me. But look at their actions and what their actions state. They support illegal aliens invading our country illegally and wish to offer them a free pass even though they broke the law. They refuse to prosecute any crime that is perpetrated by minorities. They target Zimmerman though. The president through his actions says "Hey black people...people like me. I'm going to take things from the whites and give them to you. Vote for me!". Like I said...I'll say it. That is what he has done and continues to do.

Race shouldn't be an issue in this country any longer. I think we as a people have gotten past that. But the government that wants to divide us flaunts it like a weapon and some people are stupid enough to take the bait. So in my opinion, Obama and Holder commit "treasonous hate crimes" against the entire country daily. I wonder how many years one would get for 300,000,000 hate crimes?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I guess I can only hope that these clowns come to my neighborhood and
attempt to play their game here.
good news for them will be I wont call the police,. they might of course never be heard from again
OR maybe wake up in another third world country.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The news medias here where I live, when reporting on robberies or other crimes, if the assailant is white, they will say so. If the assailant is black, they always just give a description of what clothing he was wearing, like: "Man in a hoody". As far as this knock-out game goes, If it happens much more, or in certain areas, I wouldn't be surprised to see apartment complex' being burnt to the ground and other acts of back lash. Could this be the start of a race war, or a civil war, or something else? Possibly. I think it could ignite a powder keg. I don't know. The gap between the rich and poor probably has a lot to do with it, but what these black folks need to understand is that there are just as poor white folks too.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't care what the laws are in that state, but this is exactly why law abiding citizens should have conceal carry. I guarantee if these thugs assaulted me or my spouse someone would have died that night.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

It's happening to white people who aren't accustomed to such violence and the media and many others are having a cardiac. Some are implying there is a race war, lol, again nothing new.

And this all stems from the white guy who got charged with a hate crime because he was so stupid he video taped himself saying he was going to commit one. If the black attackers do the same I guess they would be charged also. How difficult is that to understand? THE GUY VIDEO TAPED HIMSELF DECLARING SUCH AND THEN SNITCHED ON HIMSELF TO A OFF DUTY!!!!

So get your panties out your butt and see the difference!

It doesn't stem from that white guy. It's been getting play in the alt media for months and has finally started breaking into the msm, along with the denials that it is actually happening. The issue stems from the msm not covering what is a rising problem because of the pc racial issues. See White Girl Bleed A Lot

I myself was a "polar bear" several years ago in Oakland, though because I turned at the last moment, it was a glancing blow off my ear and didn't knock me out. It's definitely a game and it's definitely racially motivated. It's just now getting to be a meme in the mainstream, but it's been going on for a long time.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

Let me get this straight - you're saying since black people attack each other all the time that white people should "get used to it" as if it's part of our collective karmic debt or something?

Assault is wrong regardless of whether or not it's reported. It doesn't belong in civilized society.
If you are saying that black people can't help it then you are condemning them to uncivlized status.
Tell me again who is the real racist here?

If you think I'm going to let anyone pound on me or my loved ones they're in for a Sig Sauer surprise.
Our right to self defense is the most important right we have without which the others are meaningless.

No what i'm saying is that what white people is crying about in the past couple months has been happening to black people for years! Hell, my pops is 50 - 60 and got jumped by some youth not too long ago. He took that azz whippin, dissed out some himself, and kept on living. Didn't call the police or run to the news or anything. He told me, but that was it.

This society has become wussified over the past 10 years! We got GROWN men crying that they would have to shoot these 14-17 year old kids if they punch them. Firstly, if a teenager can punch you and knock you out...............and you're not elderly......................................well............LOL............................................how secure does your wife feel with you? I mean, sure you can have your gun, but there are times when you can't have a gun. So basically you are just food then? Men...you need start doing your push-ups again or something LOL!

Now, I will say the assaults are wrong, just not widespread like some of you fear-mongers like to pretend.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Fylgje
The news medias here where I live, when reporting on robberies or other crimes, if the assailant is white, they will say so. If the assailant is black, they always just give a description of what clothing he was wearing, like: "Man in a hoody". As far as this knock-out game goes, If it happens much more, or in certain areas, I wouldn't be surprised to see apartment complex' being burnt to the ground and other acts of back lash. Could this be the start of a race war, or a civil war, or something else? Possibly. I think it could ignite a powder keg. I don't know. The gap between the rich and poor probably has a lot to do with it, but what these black folks need to understand is that there are just as poor white folks too.

That's funny, from the black person point of view, we notice that if a black guy does a crime his face is all over the news. While a white guy...it's like the guy in Detroit who shot the black girl on his porch. Had to do research to find what he looked like.

Ohhh....stop it slime! No ones burning any darn apartments down...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

BlueMoonJoe

It's happening to white people who aren't accustomed to such violence and the media and many others are having a cardiac. Some are implying there is a race war, lol, again nothing new.

And this all stems from the white guy who got charged with a hate crime because he was so stupid he video taped himself saying he was going to commit one. If the black attackers do the same I guess they would be charged also. How difficult is that to understand? THE GUY VIDEO TAPED HIMSELF DECLARING SUCH AND THEN SNITCHED ON HIMSELF TO A OFF DUTY!!!!

So get your panties out your butt and see the difference!

It doesn't stem from that white guy. It's been getting play in the alt media for months and has finally started breaking into the msm, along with the denials that it is actually happening. The issue stems from the msm not covering what is a rising problem because of the pc racial issues. See White Girl Bleed A Lot

I myself was a "polar bear" several years ago in Oakland, though because I turned at the last moment, it was a glancing blow off my ear and didn't knock me out. It's definitely a game and it's definitely racially motivated. It's just now getting to be a meme in the mainstream, but it's been going on for a long time.

I should provide you a link to the author of White Girls Bleed A lot and allow you to witness him getting called to the carpet and basically fleeing interviews with black intellectuals because he KNOWS he wrote some bullshosh.

IT IS NOT A RACIAL GAME! Just so happens when the guys punch a white guy they may call it Polar Bearin. But when they jump a black guy they call it "Bish n-word hunting".

The black community has dealt with assaults for a long, long time. The same ones white people are crying about. It is firstly not as common as some of you are selling. Everyone knows that you can "n-word hunt" black people all you want, but the minute you touch a white person is when the police will be involved.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

I am curious (and you said you teach CNC) if you come across a fistfight in progress in the USA and you have A CNC permit are you allowed to shoot someone? How can you determine the victim (sometimes the guy winning did not start the fight).

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I should provide you a link to the author of White Girls Bleed A lot and allow you to witness him getting called to the carpet and basically fleeing interviews with black intellectuals because he KNOWS he wrote some bullshosh.

Heh. Yeah, you should. One wonders why you didn't.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

well the games called polar bear hunting, so yeah its kinda racist

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm sure that racism played some part in this particular attack. But there are any number of other forms of discrimination, or prejudice that can come into play in these types of attacks:

1. racism = black v. white v. hispanic
  2. sexism = men v. women
  3. homophobia = straight v. gay
  4. ageism = old v. young
  5. sizeism = big v. small
  6. classism = rich v. poor
  7. culturalism = us v. them
  8. religion = jew v. christian v. muslim
  9. liberal v. conservative
  10. right v. left
  11. etc, etc

Humans are extremely good at figuring out who, or what, to hate. Hate is easy, it can be done with minimal effort. And, it's a lot easier to bring together a coalition of disparate entities around a common hate. The saying goes "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Add to that the "herd mentality" incurred by that coalition. Top it off with a propensity for antisocial behavior. Dress it all up with the animalistic "strong dominates weak" instinct. And you have the perfect recipe for a gang of thugs like this.

I agree with an earlier poster in this thread that said this type of attack should be treated as terrorism. Whatever motives the assailants may have had is irrelevant to the outcome. The victims of this attack were not severely physically injured, but they may never fully recover emotionally. And now that this story is getting more press, the terror these criminals instilled in their initial victims will spread to others. That is the nature of terrorism.

Dex

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

the media keeps calling it a game it is not it is assualt and or battery which is a crime if 1 color is targetibg another that makes it a hate crime if they are targeting some one for their sexual preference this is a hate crime and they need to investigate and put these turds in the apprpriate toilet.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You know, there may be more to this than meets the eye. Without the full police report, we're only getting part of the story.

Now I don't discount the possibility that this could be really pathetic slothenly police work. It happens all of the time. From what the article states, it was a week before the police requested the video from the bank. Actual images of the attack and the assailants were available from the beginning, but never utilized. There were several witnesses. It seems like to me that it would take longer to do the paperwork than it would to actually solve the crime!

Charlottesville, VA is a college town. The University of Virginia, founded by Thomas Jefferson, is a rather prestigious institution. One of Charlottesville's main industries is tourism. It is not in the best interest of the City of Charlottesville to allow a terrorist action like this to stand unchallenged.

That's why I believe there is more to this. For instance, there may have been more interactions between the couple and the thugs than is being reported. Or the police may be temporarily sweeping this under the carpet so as to not jeopardize a much larger investigation. For now, I'm going to give the police the benefit of the doubt and believe that there is more at stake here than a simple assault.

Dex

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

amazing
This is a brutal crime and should be investigated and they should be brought to justice. However, when you say you are going to target a minority and do...that's a hate crime. Pure and simple. Hate crimes, to my understanding, where meant to help deter crimes against minorities and homosexuals and so on.

If this crime isn't investigated then the heat should be turned up on the police dept. Of course for a crime this brutal those guys were probably cops. That's what cops do right? Back on point, I don't think whites need hate crime protection. We're not a minority with a history of persecution. Or did I miss something?
edit on 30-12-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

only a minority?

so if AA's were the majority, it would be ok to knock them out? lol! go to asia and try that. knock out an old asian.
see how far you get, gwailo.

what difference does it make? thanks hillary.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join