It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knockout: Victims of brutal Downtown Mall assault want arrests, and answers from police

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

A couple’s late night stroll on the Christmas-lit Downtown Mall turned to terror in the early morning hours of Friday, December 20, when they were brutally assaulted by three men in what appears to have been a random act of violence.

This does not appear to be the so called 'knockout game' which is not a game at all. This is outright assault with the intent to do bodily harm.

Doucette says there were other witnesses to the crime, which allegedly occurred just outside the Wells Fargo building at around 1am as she and Adams walked from Miller’s to Rapture, and she is baffled as to why the police haven’t shared her images more widely with people who could have seen the suspects earlier in the evening.

You would think with all the media attention this type of violence is receiving, the police would be actively seeking to stop and arrest the perpetrators.

The grainy photos that Doucette took with her phone (posted below story) show the faces and clothing worn by the three alleged assailants, all black males.

The next question is why is this not being called a racial and hate crime? If it was white men doing so to a black man it sure would be. Where is the outrage by Jessie Jackson screaming hate crime and justice for the victims? Oh, I almost forgot the victims were white not black so Jessie has no problem with that.

The people in the US need to standup and put and end to this type of violence since the police and justice department doesn't seem to want to.

“It’s like they don’t care,” said Doucette, who said she called police on December 29 to follow up on the investigation and was told that the case had been suspended due to a lack of information and had not been assigned to a detective. “I don’t understand why they couldn’t even have the courtesy to call and say we’re not even going to look for them,” she said.

The bold text (by me) says it all. They have information including photos but since it's black on white it's OK and no need to investigate.

Source

ATS, what do you think?

Mods if you need to move or close please do so.
edit on 12/30/2013 by pstrron because: forgot the link to the source

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have seen a few thread like this. Black on white white on black. That makes no difference in my eyes.

Is racism that big a thing still? I see millions of mixed decent coexisting here.

Its a case of assault with clear intent. Nothing more.

I wish people would stop with the race card.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

That would be quite nice if they did but unfortunately you have clear cases of blacks targeting whites and it's race related. However, when blacks do so, it's not a race related hate crime yet if the other way around it is even if it was random. If you are going to call one a race and hate crime you need to call both the same not just one way.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

ATS, what do you think?

I think there is an unacknowledged race war going on within America and the more violent it seems to get the more the MSM denies it. A lot of citizens deny it too because of various reasons.

Just wait until a group of "youths" sneak up on them and clock them for the color of their skin.

Nope no racism going on here. /sarc

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is a brutal crime and should be investigated and they should be brought to justice. However, when you say you are going to target a minority and do...that's a hate crime. Pure and simple. Hate crimes, to my understanding, where meant to help deter crimes against minorities and homosexuals and so on.

If this crime isn't investigated then the heat should be turned up on the police dept. Of course for a crime this brutal those guys were probably cops. That's what cops do right? Back on point, I don't think whites need hate crime protection. We're not a minority with a history of persecution. Or did I miss something?
edit on 30-12-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Bassago
I think there is an unacknowledged race war going on within America and the more violent it seems to get the more the MSM denies it.

A chill ran up my spine reading this because I believe you are dead on in your analysis. It's a silently brewing storm for the most part, but I do believe it is coming and it is going to make what came before look like a walk in the park.

I believe it is being stirred and left simmering on purpose for many different reasons by many different factions. I hope we are both wrong in the end.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I dont see any race war. I see media spinning s#!t to improve ratings.

IF there is a race war here in the future, it will be BAD. There are so many nationality's here.
It could spiral out of control real fast.

But if that was the case, you would see it all over the news every day. You would hear it in the streets. Hell you would see it in mass numbers. Segregation running rampant.

Just because there are a few bad apples, dont let it spoil the bunch.
They couldn't even prosecute people on trial for race crimes, It would be biased either way.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

But if that was the case, you would see it all over the news every day. You would hear it in the streets. Hell you would see it in mass numbers. Segregation running rampant.

A quick Google search on "knockout game" brought up 94,500 news links. Do a YouTube search for the same or "Polar Bear Hunting" lots of evidence.

There are also many commentaries about how these are simple assaults, no motives, youths causing problems. But if you review the pictures and videos it's pretty clear. These are racist attacks. Frankly there were so many articles and videos I got tired of looking at them.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Don't you just love it when they call it a game when it's black on white but a race and hate crime when it's white on black. At one time the US was a beacon of hope, now it's just a lighthouse warning good people to stay away as there is danger ahead.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have not watched any of the videos or anythings. But for some reason this almost feels like what happened back in the 80s where I am at. People were saying that they had group of people walk by and one just punched them for no reason. It started to show up off and on at the malls. Then they found out what was really happening was a snatch and grab on gold and silver necklaces and other jewelry. Don't ask me why it took so long for police to catch on. Maybe it was not noticed that it was a snatched necklace and punch at one time. So the punch was reported but the jewelry was not missed or written off as lost in the attack? Some thing seems off with this whole story and thinking back in history the snatch and grab sounds close. Just like the mob stealing in stores was also a 80s thing which happened a couple years ago as a repeat. Or maybe they never quit just quit being reported and now have made it back in the news again?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

What's the saying, "when seconds count, police are just minutes away".

The victims are going about this the wrong way.

Safety comes from a well armed society. If this is Virginia, they should apply for their concealed handgun permits. If they are not familiar with firearms, there are PLENTY of clubs, groups, individuals, forums and courses available.

The answer is not crying to the State for help, especially with today's police. The police can be as dangerous as the criminals, if not more so.

And to be honest, the cops are probably pleased that this is occurring, so the sheeple will cry out for police "protection".

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
this behaviour is unacceptable......but i think the cops are too busy handing out tickets a citations for revenue they dont have the "manpower" to be bothered with actual crime...takes too long to investigate and does NOT raise revenue....sad sad world we are living in

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sometimes a random stranger is a boxer:

A taste of their own medicine soon cures them.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Yeah, In Russia one has to be careful when playing those white on white race 'Games'

BTW, That's one of my favorite 'Punk gets what he deserves' videos.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
this behaviour is unacceptable......but i think the cops are too busy handing out tickets a citations for revenue they dont have the "manpower" to be bothered with actual crime...takes too long to investigate and does NOT raise revenue....sad sad world we are living in

Revenue generation aside how exactly does a cop or a hundred cops stop somebody from sucker punching you?

That's the heart of the issue with police and laws. A million redundant laws on the books and a thousand cops per block cannot stop somebody from sucker punching you. Nor can they stop just about anything else for that matter. Police are reactionary. It's like winning the lottery to have one at the right place and time to prevent harm.

Though there certainly is some truth as to the police not paying any attention to crimes like these, revenue generation being one reason, the reality is that they shouldnt be wasting their time on things they cannot reasonably affect.

Having said that, cops and politicians who actively restrain would-be victims through disarmament laws, stand your ground opposition and other hand tying policies should be ashamed of themselves. They know where their limitation are yet they insist on extending those limitations to each of us only to benefit the attacker.

Your best defense against these attacks is situational awareness. Take the earbuds out, the headphones off and dont walk and talk on your cellphone. Keep your distance from people around you and always take notice of the sound of running. If the thug isnt happy with a miss and turns to begin a physical confrontation then do what you have to to end it as quickly as possible.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm not defending the perpetrators of the attacks, but people have become too reliant on the state to take care of them. You alone are responsible for yourself. Sometimes people do bad things, and you can't safely expect to ignore this reality in the hopes that an appointed "protector" will make sure you are safe.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

pstrron

That would be quite nice if they did but unfortunately you have clear cases of blacks targeting whites and it's race related. However, when blacks do so, it's not a race related hate crime yet if the other way around it is even if it was random. If you are going to call one a race and hate crime you need to call both the same not just one way.

No, people like you who I guess have lived a sheltered life, are just getting to the party late. These assaults have been going on for at least 30 years! Ya know what...they aren't racially motivated usually either. They target "victims", just so happens a lot of white people look and act like victims.

Black people get attacked also, the only thing is you don't see it on the news because they don't often run to the media or even the police. In the black neighborhoods it's simply called "getting jumped", no big deal.

It's happening to white people who aren't accustomed to such violence and the media and many others are having a cardiac. Some are implying there is a race war, lol, again nothing new.

And this all stems from the white guy who got charged with a hate crime because he was so stupid he video taped himself saying he was going to commit one. If the black attackers do the same I guess they would be charged also. How difficult is that to understand? THE GUY VIDEO TAPED HIMSELF DECLARING SUCH AND THEN SNITCHED ON HIMSELF TO A OFF DUTY!!!!

So get your panties out your butt and see the difference!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by pstrron

ATS, what do you think?

I think there is an unacknowledged race war going on within America and the more violent it seems to get the more the MSM denies it. A lot of citizens deny it too because of various reasons.

Just wait until a group of "youths" sneak up on them and clock them for the color of their skin.

Nope no racism going on here. /sarc

There has been a race war in America since the Slave codes were written...where have you been? Only yourself and others pretend (I hope you're only pretending) to not be aware of this. There is a war on black people which has placed them in the last economic position in this country.

Whenever black people attempt to create their own niche, if it's successful they are knocked down (research the Black Wall Street in Tulsa, OK). When slavery ended, due to them being the ones performing the labor, of course the black former slaves were the individuals with the tools needed to work. White America then chased them out of the South and the farming business. Blacks went up north and excelled in the factory work, whites formed Unions which excluded them again. EVERY TIME black people find a niche they are run off!

So yes there HAS been a race war happening in America since the creation of America. The sad part is most black people aren't even aware that there is a war going on against them. Many still believe they will be accepted into white society and treated equally LOL!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I live nearby. Charlottesville is the home of University of Virginia and the downtown mall is the centerpiece of town if you will. Some years back they had a serial rapist attacking coeds and that launched a major manhunt for months but it seems like they're trying to ignore this and similar attacks.

The odds of encountering someone carrying concealed in C'ville is not good, very liberal town and imo the people are a bit foolish that way there. The guy who was attacked is my size, what chance do people 5'5" 140lbs have against 3 men 6' tall and 200 lbs? I don't even see how they can consider this as "sport".

I can guarantee you there is multiple camera footage of these attackers. I have no idea why the police aren't being aggressive in finding these creeps. One of the pics is clear and the man could be easily identified by anyone who knew him. Maybe they don't want to stir up the local population (C'ville is strange - you have upscale restaurants and fancy shops but 2 blocks away it becomes ghetto. I always carry when I go there though many seem oblivious to any danger)

Why won't the woman who was with them turn them in? That part pisses me off and it happens far too often.

What bothers me most here is not the racial aspect of the attack but the lack of response. It seems in our society that we have multiple sets of rules and justice depending on whether you are rich or not then they color of your skin.
It's the lowered standards of acceptable behavior that starts in schools where they begin teaching the idea that if you are a minority you can't do as well as those of another race. They don't expect you to so they grade on curves depending on your race.
It's also as if they expect you to do random attacks or robberies because of race or are at least willing to make excuses for those who do.

We have equality under the law. We don't have equality under the application of it or in expectations set for certain groups. Aim low and your guaranteed to hit the ground, every time.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Let me get this straight - you're saying since black people attack each other all the time that white people should "get used to it" as if it's part of our collective karmic debt or something?

Assault is wrong regardless of whether or not it's reported. It doesn't belong in civilized society.
If you are saying that black people can't help it then you are condemning them to uncivlized status.
Tell me again who is the real racist here?

If you think I'm going to let anyone pound on me or my loved ones they're in for a Sig Sauer surprise.
Our right to self defense is the most important right we have without which the others are meaningless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join