It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer who forced dozens of anal cavity searches for fun gets only 2 years in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
www.jsonline.com...

www.policestateusa.com...

Between February 2010 and February 2012, a small group of Milwaukee officers took part in a string of serial assaults on subjects pulled off the streets. In many cases, the officers demanded the subjects produce the drugs they assumed were being hidden somewhere on their person. When they were not satisfied with the cooperation from the subjects, an officer would jam his hand into the subject’s underpants, touch his genitals, and insert a finger into his anus on the side of the road. Some of the complaints stated that drugs were planted during these searches. At least one complainant was a juvenile, and one stated that he was fingered so hard that his anus bled afterwards.

For two years the complaints piled up from the victims, with the knowledge of department superiors, including Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn. The chief stated that the department had been aware of the behavior of his officers for “a couple of years,” but waited to investigate until the department recognized a pattern

The readers digest version is that one officer from the Milwaukee PD along with one or more of his minions decided that a great way to intimidate and humiliate civilians was to completely violate the 4th amendment as well as Dept. policy by conducting not just cavity searches, but cavity searches right there on the street while his buddies blocked people from seeing exactly what was going on. Not only had they done this repeatedly, the Chief knew about the complaints for at least 2 years and possibly as long as 5 years. Several others were originally suspended but the DA chose to only go after these four individuals. Department policy dictates that no officer under any circumstances is allowed to conduct these searches. They can be done by a doctor only and even then only with a court order.

The abuse of power alone is enough to make me sick to my stomach but the fact that higher ups were well aware of the situation compounds it even farther and the final straw for me is the ludicrously lenient punishments allotted by the court. Every one of these guys was allowed to plead out and the longest sentence was 2 years. They've all been on paid leave and a couple got off with community service and a fine. How can any court system allow people who are armed to wander around in an official capacity and, according to the letter of the law, rape anyone they wanted by penetrating them?

Personally these continuing episodes of 'COPS Gone Wild' is a clear indication that the slippery slope is far behind us and there's no turning back unless some sort of legislation is introduced that provides for more sever penalties for people in a position of authority, particularly the police, when they commit crimes against the people they are supposed to be protecting. When there are no consequences there is no impetus for change. Just look at the resistance many departments and their unions are giving in regards to GPS being installed on cars let alone the possibility of the police being wired to video constantly when on duty and interacting with the public. It makes me sick to realize in hind site how naïve I was when I joined the Army at 17 because in my brainwashed head I thought I was really fighting to protect peoples civil rights back home. Yet here we are over 2 decades later and I have to battle the VA over medical issues while these failed high school jocks are running around playing like they're the Marshall of Dodge City. This is not the world I wanted my kids to grow up in.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You know what they say? What goes around comes around. They might only be two years, but two years of cold hard justice from Big Bubba. He dont get that name cause he is overweight.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

The suspects should of all been charged with felony sexual assault. The ones that just stood there watching. (Although I highly doubt any of them just watched on any givin assault.) Aiding and abetting. And the ones that knew about it, obstruction. That's the least any average Joe citizen and accomplices, would get.

Hopefully, he will get a few "ahem" searches in the joint. However, I think they segregate coppers in there.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

C21H30O2I

The suspects should of all been charged with felony sexual assault. The ones that just stood there watching. (Although I highly doubt any of them just watched on any givin assault.) Aiding and abetting. And the ones that knew about it, obstruction. That's the least any average Joe citizen and accomplices, would get.

Hopefully, he will get a few "ahem" searches in the joint. However, I think they segregate coppers in there.

I completely agree. they should all have been charged with felony sexual assault as well as conspiracy to sexually assault as it was a big hush hush under the rug even for at least 2 years and likely longer. The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to believe that these 4 were sacrificial lambs to feed to the system and take the heat off of everyone who0 had known all along and according to one article I read it's possible that this was not just swept up but actually sanctioned behavior by both the department and the DA's office.(hey, this is a conspiracy site after all) I would certainly hope that weren't the case but its more logical to me than the DA thinking he couldn't get a conviction at trial.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So these guys are too dumb to become doctors, but some brilliant amateur proctologists, er, police officers. Why do I say brilliant? Because they got away with it for so long and the ringleader(I'm assuming) only gets 2 years.

I thought they did psychological profiles on cops. But, maybe they're missing the question, "do you like sticking your fingers in things?", variated 20 some times in order to weed out these kind of people.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
He knows the underground system and how to avoid investigative efforts so once he is out he will be off the radar and a huge risk to the public.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I think they've all got lengthy careers ahead of them with the TSA

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sounds like something off of South Park. What a weirdo.

To be fair, 2 years is enough. I just hope he's banned from any kind of public service job in the future..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
like another poster said 2 years will put him in his place,im sure he will find out what it is like on the other side of the finger

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

well said peter this is something you expect to hear on the news from abroad about some third world country and this is just what the public here about imagine what is going unreported in this country .

rapes in the back of a squad car or in the cells are not uncommon but who would believe it of a upright citizen like a police officer maybe it is time they were forced to wear camera's at work for public safety and all

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Here's a very lengthy press conference by the DA and the Chief employer of the criminals. I can't believe the utter hypocrisy expressed in their words.

LI NKY

How that guy can stand there and say that actions of this nature 'would' undermine public trust is unbelievable. Every ... and I mean EVERY ... member of law enforcement NEEDS to be subject to an incredibly detailed polygraph examination (just like I used to be). Any indication of deception should be used as grounds for incarceration ... any inconclusive findings should lead to a summary dismissal from the force.

'Somebody' needs to clean up that town ... there can be no doubt of this.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well... I hope he enjoys his new position.

(post by indianaf150 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join