It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Large New (Healthcare) Tax on Small Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Another new tax on small business in the US once again thanks to obamacare. It's the gift that never stops taking. Seems like Obama and his cronies are dead set on destroying the pillars that hold this country up.

A Large New Tax on Small Business

ObamaCare includes so many taxes that it's hard to keep track, but one of the worst takes effect on Jan. 1. This beaut is a levy on health insurance premiums that targets the small business and individual markets.

At $8 billion in 2014 and $101 billion over the next decade, the insurance tax is larger than ObamaCare's taxes on medical devices and prescription drugs combined.

So how does this one work? Pretty simple really.

At $8 billion in 2014 and $101 billion over the next decade, the insurance tax is larger than ObamaCare's taxes on medical devices and prescription drugs combined. The IRS collects an annual flat amount specified by the Affordable Care Act to be allocated among the insurers according to market share.

But not all markets. IRS regulations published in November excluded "any entity that is a self-insured employer to the extent that such employer self-insures its employees' health risks."

This political selectivity means the most gold-plated public, private and labor plans are exempt and the tax burden falls on the saps who work for small businesses, the self-employed and individuals—i.e., the people who can least afford it.

The Congressional Budget Office reports the tax will be "largely passed through to consumers in the form of higher premiums" and "would ultimately raise insurance premiums by a corresponding amount.

And there you have it. The IRS assesses a "fee" on insurers who pass it on to businesses and consumers (that are not exempted of course) and the consumer takes another hit. Viola` redistribution of wealth from those who can't afford it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This can't be right can it ?

President Obama told us "It's NOT a tax" remember ?

here he is saying it !!!!

The supreme court upheld Obamacare today, saying: 'Congress had the power to impose the exaction in Section 5000A under the taxing power, and that Section 5000A need not be read to do more than impose a tax. This is sufficient to sustain it.' President Obama is on the record saying the mandate in Obamacare is NOT a tax.

What happened to the "full faith and credit" of the President ?

I am heartbroken now.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

To paraphrase...

For the first time in my life. I am ashamed to be an American.

I swear to God I am surrounded by idiots. The same idiots that our forefathers warned us about.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Bassago

And there you have it. The IRS assesses a "fee" on insurers who pass it on to businesses and consumers (that are not exempted of course) and the consumer takes another hit. Viola` redistribution of wealth from those who can't afford it.

End of the middle class in the USA provides both the government and the private sector a number of advantages.

Obamacare can accomplish that and so much more eventually.
edit on 30-12-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

We can keep our doctors too and it'll be cheaper, right?

This whole thing is a lie based on falsehood and deception. Hopefully implosion will occur soon and we'll be done with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by Bassago

I swear to God I am surrounded by idiots. The same idiots that our forefathers warned us about.

The forefathers and founders gave us everything we needed to fight back against a tyrannical government.

They just didn't foresee the level of ignorance and apathy that would ultimately afflict so many Americans this far into their future...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
When people keep eating up the PROMISES and they keep getting burned, i can not feel bad.

The definition of insanity is doing the same actions and expecting different results.

Americans are by definition, insane, coo coo, crazy, nuts, bonkers...a few fries short of a happy meal.

Stop voting for these shills. STOP VOTING. Its cleat the majority go on blind faith and a pretty face.

YOUR DOING IT WRONG.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What ever happened to voting people into office based on what they did for the people before hand?

Why take someones word that they are here fore the people?

Vote for a person that has done things to better this nation.

Is that concept lost on people now days?

I'm running for office guys and gals. I promise every male 2 wives, ever female free shoes, and every child free schooling for life.

Oh and no more taxes!

Can i count on your vote?

I digress.

edit on 12/30/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

We've done some dumb things before but I've never seen such orchestrated attempts to lead us down the road to perdition. Guess all that dumbing down of education, reality TV and dumb phones have pretty much finished us.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
NSA,drones,Real ID, obummer care act,CEO's making as much money in one hour as the average worker makes in four months, wars and rumors of war, fracking, sink holes, oil spills, inflation, kim jong un.......
Happy New Year America!

Oh! I forgot HAARP, Monsanto, and chemtrails.
Miss Nugget

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I'm running for office guys and gals. I promise every male 2 wives, ever female free shoes, and every child free schooling for life.

Oh and no more taxes!

Well they fell for hope and change and free healthcare. You should be a shoe-in.

Oh, you do have the required globalist multinational corporate sponsor right?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, so much for believing that Democrats are for any group. This is a Democrat creation, not an Obama Creation. The Democrats went along with Obama when he deceived the public. I can see the whole party going down the tubes in a few years. It is a good time to start a new party, the Dems are loosing power and so are the Republicans. The Tea Party will never get anywhere. Maybe a new party, the American Oportunity party, would work. Comprised of all people in the country, not just certain groups of people. See how easy it is to come op with a new name when you have the opportunity to.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Oh and no more taxes!

Well they fell for hope and change and free healthcare. You should be a shoe-in.

Oh, you do have the required globalist multinational corporate sponsor right?

That's what i forgot, a financial backer. I guess i am washed up. But that was kinda my point.

Promises are worthless. Now if you bring your money to the table and front some shady deal for tax incentives on some multi billion dollar a year company....your in like Flynn.

edit on 12/30/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Bassago
This whole thing is a lie based on falsehood and deception. Hopefully implosion will occur soon and we'll be done with it.

In almost any other context it would be called what it is... FRAUD!

Obamacare is like a virus now, the more it spreads the harder it will be to remove it. You can't give millions of people free and subsidized care and pull it back from them without a political backlash, that is one, only one of many traps built into Obamacare.

This is only the beginning... All of the powers progressive, liberals have ever dreamed of having over this nation, economy and people are cleverly worded and written into the ACA LAW.

The time to stop this thing came and passed with the passage and signing into law.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

ausername

The time to stop this thing came and passed with the passage and signing into law.

Too many modern distractions to contend with.

Got to give people a reason to buy i phones and crap....to shop for healthcare online.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Don't worry! It's not a tax, it's a "levy".

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The problem with Obamacare is that eventually you run out of a middle class to tax.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Depends on perspective, may be a problem for the middle class, but a goal and primary objective for others.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by Bassago

To paraphrase...

Hmmm, well, it's Michelle's first time in her life she is PROUD of America.

new topics

top topics

join