It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purpose and a Great Answer...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am sure we have asked ourselves many times why there are people controlling our planet and its inhabitants. Some argue that it’s for the good of mankind and others that it is a pure evil.

Why should we give up our freedom and humanity?
Why must we be governed by others rule?

Over time I have come to realise through philosophical terms that the control of mankind was inevitable.

It is written into the DNA of evolution and our environment.

I have also come to realise that it may not be purely for control. But that control may just be a stage, a part of the process.

From the gift of awareness and intelligent by the means of evolution, we have been attributed with the ability to ask the question, 'Why?'. This has created a purpose. That purpose is to find out 'Why?'

It is through science and the survival of our species that we will get answers to our questions.

Say 95% of the population want to advance peacefully through a utopian vision. There’s 5% that do not. That 5% could potentially at any point scheme to take over the earth and its people through infiltration, manipulation and deception. There is no way to prevent this without surveillance and control of humanity. This is exactly what happened and to prevent anyone else from doing the same, they started to control us and watch us.

But why? For what purpose would you want to control the world?

You could argue that it is so that the 1% can be better off than the 99% and so will their descendants. But what are descendents? Family? Isn’t 'family' what we define as our species?

If we wish to survive as a species then we must colonise across the cosmos.

"Don’t put all your eggs in the same basket"

Maybe the ends will justify the means. Maybe, when the rulers have full control and surveillance of the world may a utopic society be dictated. Maybe then, when we are all achieving the same goals i.e. colonising space along with advancing scientifically, will we live in a completely controlled but balanced (utopic) society.

We may not all agree to this but the reason it is, is because we have the ability to ask questions.

Our purpose is there and is defined through awareness and intelligence.

The ones in control are making sure that purpose exists and is not eradicated as it seems to be the only defined purpose.

Just realise we are a part of this process.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

edit on 30-12-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

But why? For what purpose would you want to control the world?

Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Narcissists etc. etc. have these grand illusions.

And it never works because they always fight each other for the control.

Today's world is an example.

Even "answers" from credible sources may be influenced by the afflictions.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Narcissists etc. etc. have these grand illusions.

And it never works because they always fight each other for the control.

Today's world is an example.

I doubt that it is Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Narcissists etc. As they are all perspectives of an individual. There is a larger system in play that has been established for thousands of years which requires collective thinking and cooperation.

Todays world may just be part of the Process..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Right on brother, the way of the world reflects the meaning of life to its worst extreme, since everything has a duality...

The objective is simple live long, be happy and multiply this is all of life's imperative without any special rezoning about it. We as humans have the possibility to by our "intelligence" optimize the returns and reduce the costs, most often and due to our naval gazing nature in detriment to the rest of us. A majority of us is just myopic, self centered and clueless to the global picture but still a weight enough that pulls the rest of us down to the mud we came from, we are all to blame, since even if by a minute degree, we all participate in this sham...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Panic2k11

The objective is simple live long, be happy and multiply this is all of life's imperative without any special rezoning about it

If the objective is so simple, why have we been given the ability to ask questions? In turn, wouldn't our objective be to ask 'Why?' Would that not be our purpose?

We as humans have the possibility to by our "intelligence" optimize the returns and reduce the costs,

Yes but others may not agree. Only by the means of controll of humanity can a utopian society be created, or should is say, Dictated.

Say one society wants to optimize the returns and reduce costs.

Theres another society that decides the opposite. It wants to control and dictate through its own means.

Who is going to win?

It is the latter as without surveillance and control, that society will have the ability to infect everything like a virus.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I don't see a connection one thing has not a link to the other other, without the intelligence we wouldn't even be aware of the patterns that point to life's purpose. The need to question why should be ultimately unnecessary, unless you think humans are special animals and that out intellect was not reached by chance over a series of steps. All other animals understand and comply with life's goals, from virus to huge societies (human even) the pattern are replicated even without conscious awareness.

Only by the means of controll of humanity can a utopian society be created, or should is say, Dictated.

I have no problem with any special method of social rule and so I don't see dictatorship as intrinsically negative, it depends only on the implementation and in what side of the fence you are. However I see dictatorship as very prone to abuse and abusing to those that disagree with the implementation...

But yes I agree with you that society can only exist by a trade of of in some level of freedoms, especially individualism and self determinism, we should aim for the good of future generations and not the immediate future, since we are all going to die our immortality is on the passing of the genes and survival of the species.

It is interesting to note that what makes society so "oppressive" is its own successfulness in establish order and security to a point that we can't revoke social structures as they exist everywhere and force compliance by sanctioning those that fail to do so...

Say one society wants to optimize the returns and reduce costs. Theres another society that decides the opposite. It wants to control and dictate through its own means. Who is going to win?

That is the movement toward a one world order that we see emerging, in part it is clearly directed but the collusion of forces is emergent, again a coming together of individual parts to form a more complex "organism". I see no issue in a single world society my only problem is how it will work, we may need to go from very bad implementations before we get to the optimal solution (if we survive the process).

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

toocoolnc
Over time I have come to realise through philosophical terms that the control of mankind was inevitable.

It is written into the DNA of evolution and our environment.

I have also come to realise that it may not be purely for control. But that control may just be a stage, a part of the process.

Excellent OP. Civilised I think is what we should strive of which the definition should be discussed more than who will control it.

The NWO cross road gives us different paths such as letting the powerful watch over us but in turn letting them live above us. In 1000 years will their be superlords descended from todays elites still controlling our direction enough to our liking to hold on or will we as a society be able to change the materialistic selfish attributes to a more moral accepting culture where we don't care for power but for fairness.

This possibly could be sorted by us choosing leaders for or from the people rather than from the elite, such leaders who show us direction rather than tempt us with spoils.

If it does come to a change I don't want a religious progress block in favour of fairness but I also don't want the elites to be born into it and corruptible.

At the moment we could be viewed as sheep their is not doubt. Possibly we shouldn't concern ourselves with such a life but be thankful at just being alive. Possibly we need the farmers protection still.

Can we tell the farmer to protect us but not jeapordise such protection by our decisions. The farmer thinks not, some sheep think so. Do we still need to look at it like farmer and sheep or an civilized society with no outside threats only within.

Very good OP and hard to convey sentiment on such subjects. Yes I like that we can build and drive fast cars but also dislike the injustices where people still suffer.

I have mentioned before but I wonder if leaders would let us decide, for example if we had a global poll about big issues such as religion, government, morals would it be blocked.

top topics

join