It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Filmed Over Tokyo Christmas Day Goes Viral in Japan - Videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I know, another video with no ending (ie. the UFO departing in an alien manner), however I'm posting this because I'd like someone to definitively identify these objects. The editor mentions that they may be high flying jets, but it's very strange how the three together are practically in a straight line, however judge for yourself:

www.ufocasebook.com...

There were a total of six white UFOs filmed by several people over Tokyo on Christmas Day.

The story also ran in the daily Takuma newspaper which caused a sensation making the videos and photos go viral in Japan.

(Editor's Note: We are posting this for all to see, although I don't know why it went viral. To me, these look like they could be high-flying jets, but I cannot say that without some reservation.

edit on 30-12-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The editor mentions that they may be high flying jets

I'll stick with that one, cause that's exactly what it looks like.

High altitude planes leaving small contrail's lit up by the low sun.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's entirely possible it could be "stacked" aircraft on approach or inbound etc.

But

The size and angle of these "things" are odd.

They look to be at a 30 deg angle and no jet fly's like that, let alone in formation.

Very odd.

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It's Tatooine it has 3 moon's nothing more to see..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Interesting video although I'm not seeing any clear evidence that these lights should remain unidentified indefinitely; no erratic movements, overly quick pace or even strange coloring to suggest that they are abnormal.

As a side note, the misuse of apostrophes in these replies is disappointing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SocialCUT

As a side note, the misuse of apostrophes in these replies is disappointing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
they're stationary ..

video proves it..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Ah, I see you found my 1st grade personal portrait. I never was very photogenic

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SocialCUT

I take it you have bought new glasses since then?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Komodo
they're stationary ..

video proves it..

I'm not sure how you can tell they are stationary from that video. If they are planes heading toward the horizon, then they could be very far off (even 75+ miles away) which means their apparent motion relative to the camera would appear to be very slow.

I've seen planes off in the distance like this leaving contrails in the sunset, and they also appeared to be moving very slowly (due to the distance).

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure that these are NOT stationary, but this video by no means proves that they ARE stationary, either.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Long range images taken at dusk always raise a red flag,...

This may be a case where "tricks of light' can make the mundane look unusual.
I'm not saying it's not E.T. it's just that dusk makes atmosphere events look like more than they are sometimes...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Komodo
they're stationary ..

video proves it..

I'm not sure how you can tell they are stationary from that video. If they are planes heading toward the horizon, then they could be very far off (even 75+ miles away) which means their apparent motion relative to the camera would appear to be very slow.

I've seen planes off in the distance like this leaving contrails in the sunset, and they also appeared to be moving very slowly (due to the distance).

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure that these are NOT stationary, but this video by no means proves that they ARE stationary, either.

agreed...

perhaps I should have said .. 'they seem to be stationary'

looking at the vid, the only other thing I would think is, they're moving directly away from the camera; however, there are multiple shots of the same objects, indicating that they should be moving, in either direction, IMO. Seeing the reflection at that distance would suggest the 'craft' are significantly huge, due to the observation distance.

also, they aren't commerical, FAA rules come into play here, but, if there's an airport directly over the objects being observed or a mile or 2 out, they could be all lined up to land..

hard to tell...but, the reflection of the objects are, to me, indicate the size of the craft.

edit on 31-12-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a few points :

" going viral " is not a synonym for veracity

the absence of any backstory is distressing [ why does including a back story seem to have fallen out of favour ]

size of a physical object does not always correlate to its apparent visibility [ that's why people cary signal mirrors - a 1.8m human is very hard to spot from 5km away - but in the right conditions a 150mm signal mirror can attract attention from 10km away ]

PS - I think its jets on a flight corridor / holding formation too - now if we had a backstory to this tail - someone with expert knowledge of Japanese flight procedures could instantly confirm or refute this theory

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Living under one end of the busy trans-atlantic air corridor, I've seen planes like this before, heading west into the sunset, many times. The distance from the observer is very great, making it difficult to track motion over time, and although the aircraft may seem to be in a dead straight line that doesn't mean they are.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
O look, Thor, Zeus, and Set. What clowney clouds.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The following is a snapshot of the air traffic at sunset on the 25th December. That would have been 1638 Tokyo time and 0738 GMT. Mount Fuji is visible in the video.

Flight Radar 24 from 1638 Tokyo time at Sunset 25 December 2013

This is a classic case of contrails at distance being lit at sunset. You also have to take into consideration all the airliners in that region during that time period. Anything unusual is going to be reported. Nothing is being reported because the aircrew themselves are simply seeing the sunlit contrails of the aircraft in their proximity as they follow the upper air route.
edit on 1/1/2014 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Mianeye

The editor mentions that they may be high flying jets

I'll stick with that one, cause that's exactly what it looks like.

High altitude planes leaving small contrail's lit up by the low sun.

I concur. That's exactly what it looks like. Many people just don't look at the sky enough to learn to spot ordinary things. Then they see this and think it's UFOs.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just to add a bit more to this thread:

theufobureau.com...

Whatever they are, they do not look like planes. They look more like clouds.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Japanese Lanterns?

Sorry, had to say it

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Also there Rajin, Marduk.....

O, Moby Dick of the skies is great title too. I think they will like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join