It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Rep: ObamaCare Enrollment Low Because People Think Law Is Repealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here we have another gem from MSNBC and a Congressional Delegate claiming that the low turnout for ObamaCare "enrollment" is because Republicans and the failed websites have somehow convinced many people that ObamaCare has been repealed !!

And here I thought all along that Democrats don't listen to Republicans ?

And I guess this sorta confirms that the ObamaCare advertising onslaughts have indeed failed ?

Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D., D.C.) put forth the wisdom.

Delegates are members of Congress who can serve and vote on Committees but can't vote on legislation. U.S. Territories and Watchington D.C. are not States (and they're NOT 'repealed' States either) and have Delegates in Congress.

The lower-than-hoped-for enrollment numbers on the federal exchanges are due to Republican efforts to repeal Obamacare, Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D., D.C.) argued on Monday. Norton blamed a “negative propaganda campaign” by Republicans that confused Americans into thinking that the law was no longer in effect.

“There are millions of people out there who think it was repealed, so there was no way to break through that very easily,” she told MSNBC. Norton also pointed out that the “debacle of a website” made matters worse because it “seemed to confirm that [the law] must have been repealed, or should have been repealed.”

Obamacare Enrollment Low Because People Think Law Is Repealed

MSNBC....

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Really? Repealed? Does this so called government official EVER turn on the news???

I think Eleanor needs to eliminate junk food from her diet!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I think the MAJORITY-o-INFO coming out of Washington D.C. MAY ( and/or will ) BE ... Mostly Ignored ???

Summary: THE INCREDIBLES ??? ... ( as in 'who are' ).
edit on 30-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That is NOT why, it's because people recognize it for the cow plop it is and refuse to enroll. I would bet my life on that!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Other likely scenarios...

People don't want the Government to tell them what to do and what they have to buy.

The website is crap and so are the coverage options.

People don't care.

# # #

Pick any of the above and they are more likely than the one being shilled by our elected officials.

edit on 2013/12/30 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

That's the problem with progressives.

They think people, the common class, are stupid.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

beezzer

We are apparently, we keep voting these A**clowns in. And we don't seem to be able to get the cojones to hog tie them and light them on fire when they don't represent the people. So yeah a majority of the nation is a bunch of bumbling idiots. (Lost all faith in intelligent life here).
edit on 2013/12/30 by ldyserenity because: hit an extra key

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'd refute your post, but it has too much truth in it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

If anyone has prevented the ACA from being implemented, it is the Emperor himself. Obama has granted waivers, delayed key deadlines and bypassed parts of the law.
I am told that he's a Democrat.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yeah, play the blame game.........again

The reason why many people are not signing up for it is because of a TRUST issue
Nobody TRUSTS Obama and what he has to say due to the fact he can't stop lying, or excuse me, he 'misrepresented' Obamacare

This administration crucified Romney and other repub. in the re-election campaign, claiming they were trying to use 'scare tactics' when it came to Obamacare & spreed rumors about losing your plan, your doctor and the price was going to go up. Obama said, 'Oh no, that's wrong. It's false and misleading'

Well, guess what???
Romney was right
And Obama and crew lied and deceived the public for votes

Now the dems wonder why no one wants to sign up for Obamacare??
DUH.......

The people that Obamacare was created for are not signing up
And that probably won't change any time soon, if ever

edit on 30-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well the majority have a problem with the free health care that turned out not to be FREE!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

These people have utterly deluded themselves. It doesn't matter what kind of law they make up to empty other people's "pocketses" ... some people aren't going to fall for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Cant wait for the next election when the democrats win the whitehouse again, and romneycare is still there. So you guys can keep in posting these beauties a few times a day.

Thanks for the laughs

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

And here I thought all along that Democrats don't listen to Republicans ?

You are talking about the America public here. We actually have states that want to ban critical thinking in schools. And the only place they learn anything is from tv so if they see it on the boob tube then they think it is true.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

beezzer

If that is true then why to Republican states like Texas that want to ban critical thinking? Talk about a state that wants it's public to stay stupid. Not to mention it was the Republicans that doubled the size of the dept. of education and then cut it's funding. That really helped to raise the average IQ here in the states.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I said progressives.

They have infested both parties.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't see why anyone here actually has to bicker.

They've come up with every excuse in the world as to why there's a low turnout.

We know why.

The fact is that nearly everybody who supported it thought they were going to get free healthcare.

Why would they sign up to pay for it when they thought it was going to be free?
edit on 30-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join