It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian media pay too much attention to suicide bombings in the city of Volgograd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Last weekend in the Russian city of Volgograd turned out to be a real catastrophe for many families. There was one explosion in the railway station on Sunday afternoon and another one in the trolley-bus during the morning rush hour on Monday. About one hundred people were affected by this terrorist attack.
The Russians could see on leading TV channels only eyewitnesses, footage of dead and wounded, officials' and police statements all over the day. And nothing more. Webcam mounted in front of the railway station captured the moment of explosion, broken windows, fire, smoke and running people. Russian media have shown that video almost in every article and news broadcast about million times. When watching news on the state channel Russia24 I tried to persuade myself that nothing strange is going on. But I had a strong feeling that Russian journalists just got pleasure from producing more horrifying details of the attacks, discussing the feelings of relatives and interviewing the wounded.
At the same time, some Russian media when covering Volgograd terrorist attacks have focused on the individual heroism of 29-year-old police officer who intercepted the suicide bomber and saved dozens of lives. Someone managed to leave the city by train before the explosion, someone missed the fatal trolley bus. Every hour, there were more and more "life stories" and all the world events were left off-screen.
Such terrorist actions always have the same goal - to intimidate the society. Panic caused by the Russian media TV spots and publications is the best result for terrorists. They don't care about the casualties while all that is important for them is media coverage.
Perhaps an abundance of information on the subject and the desire to show some exclusive materials completely deprived journalists of their sense of moderation. Instead of consolidating the society in face of terrorist threat with their TV spots the Russian media have just increased the sense of fear and helplessness. Could it be that the Russian journalists are in terrorists' information trap right now?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikado23

Sir, there is a war going on for your mind, don't get to emotionally involved in one event, look everywhere!!

There's been so many events throughout the world over recent years that are always questionable, this is what the media and the propaganda machine want your head filled with. These days I get the dog lead, and go for a walk!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What do you want them to do? Ignore it?

The media are just giving people what they want nowadays... blood and gore. It sells.

How many times have you seen the twin towers fall?
How many videos online show traffic accidents, fights, beatings, bullying etc., etc.
How many video games in the last few years involve all of the above??

Nobody wants to grab a newspaper these days and read about something, they want to go online and watch the
events as they unfolded. Not a fan of the whole thing myself but I'm not going to criticise media outlets for giving
the public what they are now used to.

It might be said that they are feeding the whole frenzy, but at this stage I think it's too late to stop it anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The U.S. does the same thing. They not only do it when it involves terrorists, but also when there are mass shootings. The media will stay on the story for days on end. It's like beating a dead horse to death. It's just adding fuel to the fire. Terrorists and crazed gun men want the attention.

I understand it's news worthy, but they need to stop giving it so much air time.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

And what about this one a couple months ago?

Guess the media over there is just making a mountain out of a mole hill?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I noticed that when these events happen in the US, such as Boston, everyone has a conspiracy, and now it's just straight forward because it's in Russia? Gives me a new perspective attacks in the US. They are just that, no conspiracy. This is terrible that they show the victims. There is a guy and girl, she hardly looks injured but is laying lifeless. Horrible for the families to have to see this!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
//reply to post by SixX18

Well how about they mysteriously found the ID that belonged to the woman who did the bus bombing in the video above. Sound familiar? 9/11 they found passport from a hijacker after the planes hit the towers.

top topics

join