It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Detain a Man for "Suspicion of Smoking Tobacco"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Officer Race, Badge ID 6856 made a valiant effort to maintain public safety and order,put her own life on the line and approached this dude, heroically, on suspicion this dude was smoking a cigarette, outside. Luckily these mental midgets get tax payer cash to protect the rest of society from this dangerous animal.

This is so stupid. Whats this, a practice run ,for her on how to deal with suspects standing around? The cops are so frivolous with things now days. At least, they didn't tazer or shoot him. I guess their practicing profiling what type of profiling? I don't effin know....Smoking. This is getting the smokers acclimated to being handled by assault officers.....

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

I wouldn't be surprised if it's coming; however, they (TPTB) need to somehow figure out a way to pay off the tobacco lobbyists...and I'm guessing they are pretty powerful and well loaded, with dollars. But who knows? Nothing surprises me anymore. I've recently been looking online for jobs and the hospitals now do nicotine screening...which shocked me.. I never thought in a million years to do an office job I'd be excluded for OMG...smoking cigs. Guess it's time to quit.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Of course.

I've said it before:

Too many cops, not enough "real" crime, they get bored, so they find petty crap "offenses" and bring in revenue. And use whatever "toys" they have.

"OMG He's SMOKING in a NONSMOKING Area!!!! Quick, Call SWAT!!"

Chewing pink bubble gum is illegal? You're going down. Baton to the knees.

Follow orders, follow rules, or you'll get the wrath of the New Police State.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Check it out over here then..................

Townsville man fined $146 for doing 1km/h over speed limit.

Yes, that 1km/h over the limit. Must off been a really slow day in Townsville.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

omg this country is so broken when people are gettin treated like this what gives them the rite to act this way

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Wait til they break down your door and arrest you for smoking in your own house, or yank you out of your car for lighting up in your car.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Smoking in a no smoking area is a very serious crime.

However, being robbed by your Government is totally acceptable and reasonable.

Never steal, the Government hates competition!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

HomerinNC

Wait til they break down your door and arrest you for smoking in your own house, or yank you out of your car for lighting up in your car.

Smoking whilst wearing an Alien mask is already illegal in many countries.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Smoking Tabacco is Legal in the U.S. . Loitering on the other hand Can be a Crime in some areas of the Country , but for Police Officers to Detain someone for Smoking , and then try to Charge them for Loitering is a Violation of their Civil Rights to Travel Freely . All that Gentleman had to do was Walk Away , if the Officers then Decided to persue him , he had every Right to ask them if he was being Charged with a Crime . IF they say no , then that Confrontation is Over .

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Here the local hospital is a smoke free area the whole property. They paid for their employees to go to classes to help stop.I know some people that work there. queenofsheba, I think a lot of jobs are putting these stipulations up because of the cost of smokers health insurance.

I feel you though.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

HomerinNC

i read a story online 2 yrs back that the brits are not allowed to smoke in their own work vans even if alone crazy country that

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Liquesence, Do you think they have a smoking outside quota to meet? Like speeding tickets. If not it might be coming.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Now that's petty.. Another probable cause to justify profiling? Now make sure you follow the speed, CaptainBeno.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just following established precedent...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

No right 999zxcv. They seem to do what they want

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

999zxcv

HomerinNC

i read a story online 2 yrs back that the brits are not allowed to smoke in their own work vans even if alone crazy country that

You are correct. A work vehicle is classed as a place of work and at some point in time you may be required to transport colleagues. Therefore, infringing on their Human Rights of a smoke free work environment.

I use my own car for work purposes and I smoke. If my colleagues do not like it, they can walk.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

HomerinNC, I'm in Florida and their trying to pull you, (although I somewhat agree.... but) for smoking in your car with children present. Your right.... The door will be next. HOME INSPECTIONS!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I believe they do hate competition Cobaltic1978.. And the state wants that quota cash!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

hahaha beezer, isn't that in the paper work somewhere to support the DHS agenda?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join