It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Romney Grandchild Mocked As Token On MSNBC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by IAMTAT

They are in fact playing to their audience. In order to keep their small number of watchers watching they need to be more vicious, more hate filled and more stimulative with each passing week. Otherwise their remaining viewership falls away. Expect it to get worse.

Open serious question to MSNBC viewers:

How does it make you feel that your network of choice (MSNBC) believes that you (their perceived audience) will personally find vicious and stupid statements such as these fun, funny and entertaining?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The only thing that is stupid, is the utter disregard for the basic principles this country was founded on - if you can't take a joke about frankly pointless things than simply call it free speech and get back to making Faraday cages for your pets or however you spend your time when not battling these "travesties" of life.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Dont you just love it when MSNBC acts like a bunch of parasitic hypocritical tapeworms. Oh how i love the double standards these days.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It's stuff like this that makes me weep for humanity. What is wrong with people? Seriously? I wonder why I even bother anymore, such stupidity just seems like an unstoppable disease, an outbreak of idiots. Why would anyone think that is acceptable or humurous, or whatever other than plain disgusting and revolting?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
M.H.P. ... she gets 2 hours per show...

M.H.P. More Horrendous Programming...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Soon you'll wish the more Mormons will be at your door instead of the local dummycrats talking smack and walking right in.

Just saying...

does it surprise you that they reference South Park to win the vote of their viewers.....

Hold on... (puking)
edit on 31-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all. Reading ATS is more than enough of a revelation on the mental state of liberals.
These people are so preoccupied with race that its they who make it an issue every day.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Harris Perry bows to overwhelming condemnation and apologizes:
FROM CNN:

1 hour ago
MSNBC host apologizes after panel makes fun of Romney photo with black grandchild

Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough
Updated 8:50 a.m. ET, 12/31/2013

(CNN) - An MSNBC host apologized Tuesday morning after she and panelists on her weekend program faced criticism after poking fun at a photo of Mitt Romney, his wife and their nearly two dozen grandchildren, zeroing in on the Romneys' recently adopted African-American grandchild, Kieran.

"I am sorry. Without reservation or qualification. I apologize to the Romney family. #MHPapology," Melissa Harris-Perry wrote on Twitter.

"As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise."

"I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices," she continued, on Twitter.

During the segment, which appeared on the show "Melissa Harris-Perry," the panelists made jokes about the infant standing out.

Two panelists later said their comments weren’t directed at the baby and apologized if the family was offended.

Asked Sunday to come up with captions for the photo as part of a game they were playing, one of panelists, actress Pia Glenn, started singing lines from the song popularized by Sesame Street: "One of These Things Is Not Like the Others."

Another panelist, comedian Dean Obeidallah, said the picture "really sums up the diversity of the Republican Party." (Obeidallah appears frequently on CNN and writes a regular opinion column for CNN.com.)

Harris-Perry described the baby as "gorgeous," before predicting Kieran would one day marry North West, the daughter of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.

"Can you imagine Mitt Romney and Kanye West as in-laws?" Harris-Perry said, drawing laughs.

CNN reached out to Romney and MSNBC for a comment.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's morons like these that stifle forward progress for humanity. Reading of commentary like this makes me sick, and very sad for what the future may hold for generations to come. When will people wake up?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
MSNBC and Fox News should just merge already. A place where every lunatic and psychotic can have a platform to run their mouths and not a "fact checker" in sight.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What does Fox...CNN, or any other cable news network, for that matter, have to do with these specific viscous and stupid comments by MSNBC?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain Romeny's adopted grandson is a political thing to make him look like less of a stodgy, rich, old white Republican. He's also Mormon, and the Mormon's have been trying hard to change their image in regards to African Americans.

I don't think the comments the news people made were appropriate, but those are my feelings when I see Romney with that kid.

I guess I'm just jaded and numb to the world of politics these days.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

>>> MSNBC is a haven for haters and ugly people. Not just physically, although if you look at the people on MSNBC you will see that many if not most are repulsive. But they are ugly in spirit and personality as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's interesting to go back through and read the comments here by replacing "MSNBC" with "Fox News". The same arguments could be made about Fox as well. Bigotry, ignorance, slander...all of those traits have been, and could be attributed to Fox News.
edit on 31-12-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I didnt mention CNN but they apply to the greater point of my post albeit to a lesser degree. My point was every week some host on Fox or MSNBC says something absurd and entirely not news related and each time it happens the plebes flock to "sound off" because I guess their opinion matters to other plebes.

These networks like the attention and have become little more than trash reality television.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I'm fairly certain Romeny's adopted grandson is a political thing to make him look like less of a stodgy, rich, old white Republican. He's also Mormon, and the Mormon's have been trying hard to change their image in regards to African Americans.

I don't think the comments the news people made were appropriate, but those are my feelings when I see Romney with that kid.

I guess I'm just jaded and numb to the world of politics these days.

I don't believe it was Mitt Romney who adopted his grandchild. One of his children would have done the adopting...so how does this even have anything to do with him in the first place?

Apparently, where the opportunity to disseminate vicious, snarky, liberal humor is concerned, that point is moot to MSNBC.
edit on 31-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The hypocrisy is astounding.

Where is Jesse Jackson on this? If this had been someone on Fox making fun of a Democrat or Liberals adopted interracial child the people at MSNBC and friends would be hammering the news outlets for their resignation, firing and an apology, it would be front page for weeks. Since it was one of their own it will quietly be swept under the rug.

Melissa Harris Perry is a parasite, it is hard to believe that she is so well educated. I am constantly floored by the insane asinine things she says and does. All children belong to everyone....tampon earrings. what a nutjub.

Her mom is white and she considers herself black only. Shameful woman, how she was able to get a job of that caliber amazes me.

edit on 31-12-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

brandiwine14
Shameful woman, how she was able to get a job of that caliber amazes me.

edit on 31-12-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

In reality, it's not much of a job... MSNBC has, what, at any given time?; 700 viewers?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

wow microsoft and nbc must really be tolorant to racism because every other company i worked for making a public joke out of the race of a child would be grounds for immediate termination!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join