It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Romney Grandchild Mocked As Token On MSNBC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
MSNBC is, once again, back in the news for intolerance and stupidity:

www.youtube.com...

Melissa Harris-Perry Panel Mocks Black Romney Grandchild As Token

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
By Caleb Howe

On MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry on Sunday, the panel was discussing several topics of the “of the year” variety. In the below clip, panelists are shown photos ‘of the year” and asked to offer humorous captions. Host Harris-Perry shows a Romney family photo that includes his adopted grandchild, who happens to be black, and this is the reaction:

The panelists start laughing the moment the photo is on the screen, because obviously. Then the first response is Pia Glenn off-camera sing-songing “one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn’t the same” and the rest of the panel chuckles along. It’s funny because Romney is white and his grandson isn’t, which is obviously hilarious. Because as everyone knows, the races should not mix.

But it’s even better than just hilarious, it also makes you think! Because, as the final comment from the panel tells us, this pic is a microcosm of the GOP. “It sums up the diversity of the Republican party and the RNC, where they have the whole convention and they find the one black person.”

Ah the never tired accusation, borrowed from every single left wing blog and talking head during every gathering of two or more (or fewer) Republicans: He’s not a child adopted by loving parents prepared to provide him with a better life in keeping with the family’s values. Nope. He’s just a token. A punchline, not a person. But it’s funny, because Republicans are racist, see? So it’s all fine!

Early in the show Harris-Perry indicates that her guests are all comedians. I guess if repetitive, lazy race-baiting is comedy, then this crew must be ready to go on tour. They can call themselves the Kings and Queens of Comedy.

See? Funny.

Imagine, using an innocent child...simply to take a gratuitous slap at ex-candidate Mitt Romney and the GOP.
This is absolutely disgraceful behavior (liberal racial hypocrisy on parade) but exactly what we are all coming to expect as 'business as usual' from floundering MSNBC.
Will anyone be reprimanded or fired for this?...Probably not.
MSNBC is now, officially, not only bottom of the ratings, but bottom of the barrel.

therightscoop.com...
edit on 30-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: Links added

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't know what she's fussed about.

She's the one who says all children need to be viewed as "our" collective children, so she's only making fun of one of her "own" children because that child happens to live with her political opponents.

Sometimes, the irony is so thick you couldn't even cut it with a knife.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wish I knew how to post the actual video from the article. If anyone could do so for me, I'd appreciate it greatly.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I miss when we had journalists and reporters on the news and it was not handled by the network entertainment division...

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Everyday- democrats are comming out in droves to show the world how ugly their party really is.

The fact that they have to stoop this low- just shows how desperate and pathetic they really are.

I wouldnt want to be assosiated with these bunch of fools. I wont ever vote democrat ever again after this presidency, their party and supporters really put their positions into perspective ever since their messiah got into office. So part of me wants to say thank you democrats- thank you for showing me what you are all really about over the years.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's pretty twisted why do these sort of thoughts even come into their minds?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

IAMTAT
I wish I knew how to post the actual video from the article. If anyone could do so for me, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Had to get the youtube copy...

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

When you take a pro-life position, the argument is that you are dooming these children to lives of poverty and misery. When you point out adoption, they say you will never adopt. Then, when you adopt, they scream at you for having a "token."

You can never just live your life, and you will never win. But that's the point. If you aren't with them, you are evil and the ends justify the means.

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Common Good
Everyday- democrats are comming out in droves to show the world how ugly their party really is.

I would not judge the normal folks by the actions of a few TV personalities or a network (on the other side I would say the same about Beck or Rush - don't judge all repubs over one or 2 that like being celebrities).

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm just amazed that so many liberals still use MSNBC as their sole source for news and commentary.
They should at least switch to CNN once in a while, if they can't stomach Fox.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm no Romney fan but MSNBC went way out of line.Those remarks aren't funny in the least.Actually its tragically pitiful.Shame on them.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

WTG MSNBC!!!

Not only are you proving who the racists actually are, but your making fun of children based upon skin color and political affiliations of the adoptive parents!!!

Utter filth!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Maybe that would be the case if this type of crap wasnt happening every other week.

Ive learned more about democrats in the past 5 years than I ever have before- and the picture that they paint is not a very pleasant one- no matter how much they try to preach tolerance. EVERYTHING is about race to them. Like a poster already stated- I dont know how these thoughts even enter their minds, especially considering how much they try to call anyone not like them racists. Its absurd.

"not all democrats are like this- not all cops are like this..."
Maybe not all- but they are currently the ones running the show.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

I know. Normally, one expects a liberal bent from MSNBC...but this was set up by the show's producers for cheap, gratuitous and downright sick ridicule.

The fact that someone in network production at MSNBC thought that mocking Romney's adopted grandchild, simply because he happens to be black...and that they thought their viewers would find that mockery 'fun' and 'funny'... is absolutely repulsive to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Common Good
reply to post by Elton

Maybe that would be the case if this type of crap wasnt happening every other week.

Ive learned more about democrats in the past 5 years than I ever have before- and the picture that they paint is not a very pleasant one- no matter how much they try to preach tolerance. EVERYTHING is about race to them. Like a poster already stated- I dont know how these thoughts even enter their minds, especially considering how much they try to call anyone not like them racists. Its absurd.

"not all democrats are like this- not all cops are like this..."
Maybe not all- but they are currently the ones running the show.

I agree with these sentiments. I never knew democrats were like this either until a few years ago. It boggles my mind that they can't see how stupid and hypocritical (and racist) they sound. I no longer respect the republican party either since they rigged their own elections in 2012 but damn, we see things like this EVERY week from the left. I almost can't even read threads like this anymore, they just piss me off too bad.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Somebody always has to trot the idiocy to the front of the line. I can really only shake my head at the fact that this stuff still occurs and is considered ok depending on which side of the aisle you're on or which way your news station leans. I can only imagine they all thought that they were being pretty witty before the show and even during the show.... I am curious to see how witty they think they are now that they have been called out for their ignorance.

Not even the children are safe when it comes to political tactics and that is a very sad thing. It shows that people are indeed more willing to sacrifice anything in their way to get their point across or to cause the other side to lose a point.

Disgusting, regardless of where or who it comes from.
edit on 12/30/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thank you for the thread. It isn't difficult to find MSNBC looking totally dumb but it is good to point it out when they are dumb and even dumber. I just cannot believe that anyone with a ounce of intelligence watches them. All media have their own twist on things but this is way beyond twisted, they set a new low for their credibility.

They are in fact playing to their audience. In order to keep their small number of watchers watching they need to be more vicious, more hate filled and more stimulative with each passing week. Otherwise their remaining viewership falls away. Expect it to get worse.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
According to Mormonism being black means you have the curse of the 'mark of Cain'.

Maybe Bishop Romney forgave that child with his hocus pocus.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The party of ignorance if you ask me.

The other side is damned if they do and damned if they dont, no matter what the situation.

Sick and twisted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join