It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Psychosis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

DrunkYogi

BlueMule

DrunkYogi

BlueMule

DrunkYogi

BlueMule
reply to post by DrunkYogi

Empires have a life-cycle just like everything else. I certainly wouldn't resent a dying man for being unable to tell reality from illusion or be surprised by it, and I don't resent America for it either.

edit on 30-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I hope there are not many people with that attitude, it is defeatist to say the least! It would mean nothing has been learned from history.

Telling a dying man that his inability to tell illusion from reality is a psychosis is not a way to help him die with dignity.

Honestly your analogy is completely off.

"The United States, locked in the kind of twilight disconnect that grips dying empires, is a country entranced by illusions."

Empires are born and they die. Like dying people, they experience a twilight disconnect. Your own OP says it.

You seem to want to say to America, be ashamed of your disconnect -snap out of it America- and live forever.

But Empires don't live forever.

Don't judge America. Don't judge a dying man either. Give them their dignity and help them with their fear as they die.

Believe me friend, i like Americans, i've got American relatives. I live in Britain and the same thing will happen here if it isn't stopped dead in it's tracks in America. You say help them with their fear as they die! So you sit back and let them win? You need to learn from history and make a new reality. In this reality they fear, and they die, otherwise we all go down. If America goes down without a fight then i am afraid that the whole world will go with it.

You aren't going to stop the life-cycle of Empire. If anything you will make a zombie.

I'm surprised to see a yogi afraid to let go.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

BlueMule

DrunkYogi

BlueMule

DrunkYogi

BlueMule

DrunkYogi

BlueMule

Empires have a life-cycle just like everything else. I certainly wouldn't resent a dying man for being unable to tell reality from illusion or be surprised by it, and I don't resent America for it either.

I hope there are not many people with that attitude, it is defeatist to say the least! It would mean nothing has been learned from history.

Telling a dying man that his inability to tell illusion from reality is a psychosis is not a way to help him die with dignity.

Honestly your analogy is completely off.

"The United States, locked in the kind of twilight disconnect that grips dying empires, is a country entranced by illusions."

Empires are born and they die. Like dying people, they experience a twilight disconnect. Your own OP says it.

You seem to want to say to America, be ashamed of your disconnect -snap out of it America- and live forever.

But Empires don't live forever.

Don't judge America. Don't judge a dying man either. Give them their dignity and help them with their fear as they die.

Believe me friend, i like Americans, i've got American relatives. I live in Britain and the same thing will happen here if it isn't stopped dead in it's tracks in America. You say help them with their fear as they die! So you sit back and let them win? You need to learn from history and make a new reality. In this reality they fear, and they die, otherwise we all go down. If America goes down without a fight then i am afraid that the whole world will go with it.

You aren't going to stop the life-cycle of Empire. If anything you will make a zombie.

I'm surprised to see a yogi afraid to let go.

LOL, i am more like Yogi Bear mate.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by ketsuko

Please specify, faith in what or whom?

Doesn't much matter. People need to learn to abide by the Golden Rule. Most faith systems teach that. Once you learn that morality, even if you abandon your faith system, it tends to stay ingrained.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

DrunkYogi

Ah. Well, a Hindu yogi is not afraid of death because he has died many times. So has Empire. The birth of America was patterned after Rome and so her death will be patterned after Rome too. America is like a reincarnation of Rome.

This is not defeatist as I would not resent a dying man for fighting to the last breath. But I would not try to imagine he can live forever either.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

That, I would agree with. I don't have "faith" in any religious or ultimate sense, and don't have hard morals either, though am principled, and do my best to abide by the golden rule.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

BlueMule

DrunkYogi

Ah. Well, a Hindu yogi is not afraid of death because he has died many times. So has Empire. The birth of America was patterned after Rome and so her death will be patterned after Rome too. America is like a reincarnation of Rome.

This is not defeatist as I would not resent a dying man for fighting to the last breath. But I would not try to imagine he can live forever either.

Rome never died, it continues through the Vatican. Check out this tremendous thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And judging by the Jesuit influence in America the only thing that will die is your way of life. They will still be running it one way or the other until the people realize this fact.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I don't know,it depends on who wins but if it's a police state ,I took this oath ,so I assume death is preferrable.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Not to worry sir we got it but the tricky part is if you move too soon you die worthlessly without effect and you are a shooter for them to exploit. THEY have to move first.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

cavtrooper7

Not to worry sir we got it but the tricky part is if you move too soon you die worthlessly without effect and you are a shooter for them to exploit. THEY have to move first.

Yes, very true. It looks like the time is fast approaching though.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Unfettered Capitalism will always lead to cronyism which leads to fascism.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

DrunkYogi
Here is a piece by Chris hedges concerning a society that cannot distinguish between reality and illusion. It is a wonderfully insightful look at the state of the USA in these desperate times.

The United States, locked in the kind of twilight disconnect that grips dying empires, is a country entranced by illusions. It spends its emotional and intellectual energy on the trivial and the absurd. It is captivated by the hollow stagecraft of celebrity culture as the walls crumble. This celebrity culture giddily licenses a dark voyeurism into other people’s humiliation, pain, weakness and betrayal. Day after day, one lurid saga after another, whether it is Michael Jackson, Britney Spears [or Miley Cyrus], enthralls the country … despite bank collapses, wars, mounting poverty or the criminality of its financial class.

It is the cult of self that is killing the United States. This cult has within it the classic traits of psychopaths: superficial charm, grandiosity and self-importance; a need for constant stimulation; a penchant for lying, deception and manipulation; and the incapacity for remorse or guilt. Michael Jackson, from his phony marriages to the portraits of himself dressed as royalty to his insatiable hunger for new toys to his questionable relationships with young boys, had all these qualities. And this is also the ethic promoted by corporations. It is the ethic of unfettered capitalism. It is the misguided belief that personal style and personal advancement, mistaken for individualism, are the same as democratic equality. It is the nationwide celebration of image over substance, of illusion over truth. And it is why investment bankers blink in confusion when questioned about the morality of the billions in profits they made by selling worthless toxic assets to investors.

www.adbusters.org...

I've been working on a thread that is akin to this one. It goes back to the days of aristotle, and what he said about money; found here;

Aristotle's opinion of the creation of money[4] as a new thing in society is:
When the inhabitants of one country became more dependent on those of another, and they imported what they needed, and exported what they had too much of, money necessarily came into use.

history of us dollar

payment
compensation_psychology

employee compensation

Aristotle seems to have over-looked the possibility of money and it's necessary purpose getting into the wrong hands.

People who care not for other people tend to put all of their efforts into obtaining more money...to try to fill the emptiness within. If they had a conscience, they would care about people; because it is a person injecting sustenance into their life by breaking his back trying to keep tantrums at bay...

Thank you for the thread OP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join