It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone mysteriously hate/dislike me for no reason? Is the shadow gov behind it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wutdouthink

Well I picked up a couple of things in the opening post. You were home schooled. You mention your mother but not a father so I would say it was her that home schooled you.

Does not really mean anything at first look. But then when you speak about the going out to dinner and your mother knew about it and almost seemed involved with it in some way. So makes me feel as though maybe she is controlling when it comes to you. Guys will have a tendency of running from a relationship or a friendship with you if they feel as though they must meet mothers approval. Mothers approval should come afterwards not before.

Maybe the problem is not with you but a controlling parent.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Some realizations in life are not necessarily enjoyable, but sometimes they are true nonetheless.

In my case, I found that I was indeed the source of the social discord I was experiencing. I was quick to blame anyone and anything that wasnt me, but didnt see I was speaking directly to myself. I just didnt want to hear it at the time. I actively worked on bettering myself through recognizing it was me all along. It was one of the major steps I took in maturing socially.

Someone told me that communicating with other people is like building bridges in more ways than the saying "burning bridges" implies. To be strong, both people need to build equally, since only we know exactly where we stand. It needs consistent maintainence to remain strong, but once its stood the test of time, the only thing that can take it down are the builders themselves.

In my case, I was told that I was constantly waiting for the other person to do all the work while I threw rocks at them as they tried to build.

I am forever grateful for being told that, however blunt it may have been.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Don't beat yourself up about having a hard time making friends, there are a lot of different types of people in the world and not all of them mesh with each other. Unless you are the LOWEST common denominator you will probably have many difficult experiences with people throughout your life. Being attractive, being intelligent, being confident, being charming, might sound like good qualities from one perspective, but to the lowest common denominator those qualities can actually be a negative quality. Because it might appear to them as though you are arrogant or looking down your nose at them, or as if you are just out slumming, and that you don't look upon them as someone that you would be real friends with. So as you probably already know that having certain good qualities can actually create what some might refer to as a handicap in the arena of social acceptance. As you can see even around here there can be people who get snarky with you for no reason without really knowing anything about you, but I think you'll do just fine around here , just don't take the snarky people to seriously because you can also find some really good,intelligent, and friendly people around here at the same exact time that the negative ones are in the room.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Logos23
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I do agree that there have been those less understanding and compassionate....I suppose I just wanted to point out for the benefit of the OP that there was way more positivity for her to draw from.

But I'm sorry if it came across as I was trying to give you a "rap" on the knuckle's....it wasn't my intention...honest!

No worries, I hope the OP can draw on the positives and that her life improves as a result.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Do you smell? Do dress scuffy and frumpy?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Hi

First off, I want to applaud you. It takes a lot for a person to admit that they do not have any friends.
My impression of you is that you are a regular Girl who has a lot of love to give and all you ask for return is some respect. Sadly, it is not quite working out for you that way, but please please please, do not give up.

I know exactly what your problem is.
Relax, it is not a Government Conspiracy. Neither are you a Dick.
Neither is it a Multi=Verse Theory.
The problem is..... you are a HONEST person. You say exactly what is on your mind and have no fear in saying it. You are REAL. (You will be amazed at how many people will be threatened by that)
You are well educated and know how to use your Brain. You are an original person.
You were not made on the same production line as Society. (I like that about you)

I think Society and Sheeple fear you because of the way you are (just being yourself and not what people want you to be).
Most people your age only care about who is on the latest X-Factor - which Celeb is the coolest - who has the latest iPhone - who is in the biggest Gang - who is the hottest and all the other mind numbing BS that the TV has done to their now pre-programmed brains.

It seems to me that you are not finding the people who are the same as yourself.
That is because you are a very rare breed. This is why I advised you to not give up.

Here is my advice:

Look at it this way. Imagine friends as being Clothes in a Store.
You haven't found the right quality of fabric.
Sure, it will fit at first but after wearing it for only a couple of times, it fades and fall apart etc.
So my advice - change Stores and get a better brand of clothing.
(You are intelligent so I know you understand what I am saying).
When you do this - you will be surprised at the results

Also, it is not you who sucks - it is Society that sucks!!

Keep your spirits up - remain positive and I am sure that by the time you are 30 - you will be a happy successful Woman with a TRUE friends.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ha!

Just because we're willing to entertain conspiracy theories doesn't mean we blindly believe.

In order to deny ignorance, you have to analyze things with a rational mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

crazyewok

No and no lol

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Wutdouthink you seem like a very intelligent person so from my point of view you are probably trying to hard or are surrounded by people that are in the compete age stage, where the people around you have weak sense of self and have to belong to the heard. Competing is not worth it. You are unique and your true worth is within not what other people thinks.

Since I am a guy my what happened to me might not be useful for you.

But I choose instead to belong to the very computer interested people since have a tendency to sure of their self and noncompeting on a social level (but very competing one computer game level). Might not be the so called "in crowd" but I had a lot off fun.

And someone here said that you should look for other age groups. I do agree with that. Do you have any hobby that you can share with others? Maybe some kind of volunteer work where you meet people who will be straight with you and are sure of themselves if you have any body language thing that you could change? (I might even need that a bit myself but if people do not accept me then normally I say sc**w them)

And as you have noticed you are at least connecting to people in this thread and they care to try to help you.

edit on 30-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

wutdouthink

crazyewok

No and no lol

And a sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What on earth do you want friends for anyway. Just think about how much they are likely to disappoint you, let you down, stab you in the back and goolies! What you need is a bitch (human or dog) to keep you company and comfort.

Be your own friend, talk to yourself, enjoy the loyalty and trust of and with yourself. F..k mates and only occasionally dates!

Relax and be happy with your own company.
People are fine but not worth the pine.

Good luck

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well I like your multiverse theory. If your stuck in a friendless universe maybe you need to in brass it and make group for people that fill like they live in a universe where they are alone.

But i would say that you have infinity possibility so you can change things any time you want in the infinity of the universe.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for being friendly and helpful
I bet if I added them on facebook, the same pattern would happen within 60 days

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

lord sword
Well I like your multiverse theory. If your stuck in a friendless universe maybe you need to in brass it and make group for people that fill like they live in a universe where they are alone.

But i would say that you have infinity possibility so you can change things any time you want in the infinity of the universe.

But the problem with the infinite theory is, there is always going to be *that one* universe where things never work out for me.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I would stop worrying about it. Even if it's true, you wouldn't want to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I would stop worrying so much about it and relax. Find something else to occupy your time. As others have suggested, find a club or cause you can get involved in. Go to a local Habitat build and help them out or help at a local food bank. Find a hobby and join the club. Stop worrying about the dating thing and just get used to hanging with people in a social group.

Let the other things take care of themselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I wouldn't take the facebook thing to seriously, some people like me ONLY use facebook as a connection point for family and certain friends, kind of like the contact list on your phone. On facebook I don't accept just anyone who sends a friend request simply because you have to be at a certain level with me before you meet my family and close friends.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

wutdouthink
To answer a couple of reoccurring questions, I guess I could behave awkwardly but no more then your average homeschooler. No one has ever asked me to have sex with them, in fact quite the opposite... and I am not religious either I am an atheist. And I am average looking, not ugly, not a supermodel either.

It just seems bizarre that everyone follows the same pattern, in fact there is never a deviation from this pattern... never. For example, I have never been made fun of for my awkwardness for example. It just always ends the same way. It always ends with an emotionless, straight faced zombie-like expression, if that makes sense.

And I thought you guys were supposed to be conspiracy theorists? What is with all this rationality? lol

Perhaps due your lack of socialization you never learned how to Girl?

It's one of the problems with Home-schoolers is that they are insulated from social development with their peers in learning from and with a social group, sharing discoveries, and learning things the hard way when they don't count as a child and teen as opposed to learning things the hard way as an adult and being devastated.

You've lost out on tons of developmental social skills including body language, inflection and cues.

I recommend you make some girlfriends that can acclimate you back with and into learning how to Girl.
You can then share their lives vicariously while learning how to girl, expand your social circle, and people through meeting other people.

Further, don't meet people to date them. Meet people to discover them, who they are, what makes them interesting, and what they might can share to make your life more interesting.
If, though such friendly engagements attraction is found, then, perhaps take it further, but, don't show interest in someone just because you want to date them.

Again, also, check out the University student union groups, clubs, and activities. There's tons of groups listed I'm sure. You can participate in the Creative Writing Club and share the works you come up with from that in the Short Stories section here on ATS.
You might join a casual sport club like coed flag football, or coed soccer.
You might join an art club, a photography club, an outdoor/bird watching/camping/hiking/rock climbing/survival skills/nudism/ whatever club.
There's likely tons of options available several of which I would strongly recommend you getting yourself involved in.

The student union groups and clubs are usually free to join with no membership dues, and fairly lax requirement for participation so, join a dozen or even all of them, and attend which ones appeal the most.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

wutdouthink

lord sword

But the problem with the infinite theory is, there is always going to be *that one* universe where things never work out for me.

This is part of your problem...Ignore the crazy nonsense, blaming multiverses and government conspircies, most of the people who would resort and conclude with that thinking suffer the same problems as you. Do you think you may annoy people, or bother them, are you immature, what are you seeking in friendship? what are the types of people you seek to be friends with?
edit on 30-12-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In general, be nice. Remember, you're smack dab in the middle of a generation of instantaneous gratification seekers...

HEY LOOK!!!

There's a SQUIRREL!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So if we are going into the infinity of things I would disagree with you and say that you are walking the path of infinity so the path you walk branching of into infinity at any given point of time/space you are on. So you can chose to walk a different path from the one you have been on and make one of your other infinity self walk down the path for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join