It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone mysteriously hate/dislike me for no reason? Is the shadow gov behind it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wutdouthink

Maybe theres just this one analyst at the NSA just screwing with you really badly.
Aw. You can always come join our cult. Youll have a bunch of friends in no time.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us

link   
Puffs his pipe...

Looks over his glasses at you, sets it to the side.

So, do you kick kittens, pinch babies or collect empty tuna cans?

Empties his pipe...
Drops red hot glowing embers on his pants crotch and floor, Catches the carpet on fire, stomps it out....

I dunno, have you tried joining some sort of social activity in your area where you help others?

link   

Cobaltic1978
Way to go ATSers, attack the poor kid, when he is obviously struggling with trying to understand why he is struggling to make friends, seriously!!

Reading the OP's post's, he is a she. And I think your comment was a bit harsh as most people who have replied have not attacked her but rather have dealt with her kindly and given some real good advice and constructive possibilities.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Only YOU can prevent crotch fires.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would suspect the programming you received in homeschooling has damaged your social efficacy.

If you are not religious, and you are not being spooky in this respect, then, you may want to give us more information on your world views for a better clue as to what might be sending folks treating you like you're radioactive.

EDIT: Just noticed your response about being Atheist 2 posts after this one, so, i've edited and removed suggestions no longer relevant.

Suggestion: If you have any hobbies or interests, check with the student activities and groups unions on your university campus. There's typically tons of different social groups that get together for movie nights, chess club, tango, and for all sorts of different niche interests and hobbies.

If you don't have any particular interests, try some out. Join one of the groups, or several.
Do group activities and observe how everyone else interacts where then you can take your cues from them.

edit on 12/30/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sounds like you could be trying too hard? It can be a real turn off if you're overbearing, or what I would call a "level 5 clinger"

link   

I grew up never being around other people, by the time I got to know names we moved again..so I don't know a lot about making friends and have zero...but I have learned a lot about the way things are and for me i simply cannot compromise in order to maintain what appears to me fake friends anyway. Hold out for the right people ones who truly mesh with who you are. Were you home schooled because of religious reasons? From just what you wrote, which can't tell people a whole lot, I would guess one of two things. 1. You are trying to hard and that scares people. In this case Hold back and go slow when you start to get to know someone interesting. Let them lead and learn about them, don't share a lot about yourself. 2. There is something about you and or your family that when it is learned scares people off...major religious or moral codes (like I have) really makes it hard to find compatible friends.

I used to be religious about 4 years ago, now I am an atheist and it has no effect on me at all.

I have no idea what it could be. If it were me that it was happening to, I'd attribute it to malevolent entities. No sarcasm intended. One has attached itself to you and wants you completely for itself.

That is what I fear, how could I go about studying this possibility?

And since I have so many replies I will try to reply to as many as possible, but I will definitely read them all

link   
Are you by chance on the "Spectrum"? That is to say, has it ever been mentioned that you might have an ASD, like Asperger's? If it's never been mentioned, it may be worth a check just to see if you fit the criteria. Judging by what you've described, it seems you may ping at least on the you-focused aspects. That's not to say you're self-centered or anything, Asperger's folks simply tend to do that. Your social awkwardness may be tied to it, too, since social interaction tends to be bungled a bit.

I'm only mentioning it because I suspect a friend of mine who seems to be a hot mess of completely socially awkward (albeit unaware) & highly self-centered at first glance seems to exhibit the hallmarks. I remind myself of the possibility during our interactions to keep myself from snapping at her. It could be that people you interact with are picking up on some similar things & mentally back themselves off, sort of that "whoaa...okee-dokie then" deal.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Logos23

Cobaltic1978
Way to go ATSers, attack the poor kid, when he is obviously struggling with trying to understand why he is struggling to make friends, seriously!!

Reading the OP's post's, he is a she. And I think your comment was a bit harsh as most people who have replied have not attacked her but rather have dealt with her kindly and given some real good advice and constructive possibilities.

Yes, I have rectified my mistake, damn predictive text. There are some on here who have been less understanding.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

HappyWarrior
Jesus Christ, you know your crazy when you start blaming the government for not having friends.

Lmao!!!!!....that is funny!!!

But seriously,...OP....the reality of why people ignore you is probably a mix of things. I don't know you, but my guess is that it is a mix of ; wanting friends or companionship so you become unknowing needy. And that makes you clingy and slightly desperate looking and acting....and you may. It realize you're doing it.....People can tell you are nice and you mean well, but they find clingyness and neediness annoying and will quietly and politely shy away from you........I'd also say, the fact that you were homeschooled has not given you a lot of life lessons, and once anyone has hung out with you a few times , it becomes obvious. And in their eyes that makes you naive, and " too young" for their taste. It's almost an immaturity on a social level. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but it's the social skills, etiquette , and how you carry yourself. ....life is full of experiences and they will mold you into the woman you will become and how you currently carey yourself now......It just sounds like you haven't had too many of those yet....you should read some books on that, it may help you answer some of your problem. .......but whatever the reason, just know you are a smart girl! Keep your head high, and always smile. People love a smile!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm going to take a stab in the dark, here.

Many who are home schooled, come out smarter, and more mature than their peers. This by itself can be socially awkward. Especially if you add in depth of character, and good critical thinking skills. The reason many of us are here, in my opinion only, is we tire of people in our lives who are all surface, and never give a second thought to the reason the world is like it is. They have no depth to them.

Your problem may be on more than one level.

It may be that you intimidate people.
It may be that your interests and theirs clash. In other words, you talk about things they don't understand, and/or you talk about things in more depth than they wish to.
It may be that you have some social awkwardness that is somewhat common among home schooled people. I know several, and have talked with them about social etiquette.
And lastly, pick and choose those you discuss conspiracy theories with. Some people just aren't ready to entertain ideas like we discuss here. As my spouse has said, "It's not a good idea to mess with peoples programming." lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I do agree that there have been those less understanding and compassionate....I suppose I just wanted to point out for the benefit of the OP that there was way more positivity for her to draw from.

But I'm sorry if it came across as I was trying to give you a "rap" on the knuckle's....it wasn't my intention...honest!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
ok here goes...don't take any of this the wrong way
1)...what do you look like? 300 pounds or 65 pounds?... 6' 4" tall, or 4' 3" short...gross acne, lesions, malformaties, albino, cross eyed...etc....you get the idea.
2)...how do you sound? low voice, squeaky voice...do you curse, or just use weird off-the-wall language, bitchy, constant complainer or constant clinger, demon or paranormal creepy....or.....soft-spoken one moment, 40 stabs with a butcher-knife next moment creepy
3)... strange and quickly-spread rumors about...parents or relatives part of gang, part of creepy religion, relatives with bizarre backrounds
and finally.....simply start asking other people to be honest with you and tell you what it is...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I feel where you are coming from. I have been in the same position for some time now, but my situation is mostly my own fault.

One of the greatest pieces of advice i've ever received on how to meet people is to stop trying to meet people. Just do things that you like. Approach it from a view that you are doing what you are doing because it makes you happy and nothing else.

Go see movies you like, go to concerts of band that you like, look for a club or extracurricular that interests you. You will eventually meet people you click with accidentally if you keep yourself in places that you enjoy. People see when you are not comfortable and it makes them uncomfortable. Forget the world and live for yourself and others will be drawn to you.

Being a strong independent person is a strength most people don't have. Its a good thing. People in your age group tend to be fickle and worry more about current trends than what they actually like, but there are many who are more like you. Those that are more like you are likely stuck in the same situation you are. Once you find one, whether its a man or woman, you will start to find more and more. This is how groups of friends are built.

Stop trying to join other groups, make your own! Don't try to change who you are to make people like you more, wait for people who like you for who you naturally are. Once you do get a group of friends they will be true friends, not just a superficial clique.

Feel free to U2U me anytime,
DC

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Im assuming you are female...ok. I did get a chuckle (honest, no offense...seriously, its not aimed at you). I think after reading your OP that there is absolutely NOTHING...I mean NOTHING wrong with you! Actually, I think just the opposite.

To me, you seem caring, understanding and well educated. It's obvious you are aware people can be strange. And thats on them. Not you. It can be hard wanting to make friends. And there is no 1 formula for that.

I think first, you have to realize you cant MAKE anyone be your friend. You have to be your own best-friend 1st. Smile a little to yourself. Know you are smart, have opinions and can help someone with their self worth by you recognizing your own.

And they say if in the end you can count your friends on less than one hand, you are a rich person. I wouldnt worry. Join some discussions here (Facebook is really NOT the place to make friends...sorry, thats how I personally feel). Join or participate at some clubs, churches, groups or even in free adult ed classes.

You are not alone. There are many, many men and women out there just wishing they had someone like you as a friend. And yet, here you are. You do have to get out there somewhat, somehow and somewhere in any of the activities and places I mentioned above. If you already are...do it more often.

And Ill start by being your friend. U2U private message me anytime for anything. If I can help, I will. If I cant, Ill direct you to someone or place that can.

Nothing is wrong, nothing is your fault and I think youre fine. Happy New Year to you!
MS

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Edited my previous post with more relevant suggestion.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I dont know what it is but its definitely everything and anything but you that must be the problem. I love and care for all people and wish and hope for them the best, I do not mean to be mean or harsh. On those dates did you bring up mk ultra and the government spying on you?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

lol aspergers does that even really exist. sounds like another AHDH.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

wutdouthink
Hi, first a little about myself. I am in my early 20's, I was homeschooled, and I am currently studying in college and I live in the u.s.

I have a bit of a problem it would seem. I have no friends. And I have not since I was about 8. I used to have a decent amount of friends until I turned 8 and then I pretty much lost them all due to different reasons (moving away, drifting apart, etc) it was very hard trying to keep friends when you are homeschooled.

So I went without any friends. I then tried to make online friends, which goes okay at first but then they start ignoring me for no reason. In fact all of my facebook messages end with me asking “hey, whats up, wanna skype?” and I know they have read my messages because they post stuff on their walls after I sent them a message. So I know they have received the message and are just ignoring me. I thought “maybe that's just how ALL online friends end up”.

I then started my first job at a fast food restaurant 3 years ago (absolute torture), I tried to make friends, but everyone ignored me just like a real life version of facebook. Literally. In fact sometimes I would ask them something and they would just ignore me. In fact it was so obvious that once someone saw me being completely ignored and he said “don't be so rude, you know you heard her ask you something”.

I tried being friendly with EVERYONE there, but only one of them showed any interest in me whatsoever. I thought I might try to date him seeing how he was single. He did show some interest in me at first, but then MYSTERIOUS after agreeing to my first date ever, begun to ignore me altogether (in real life and on facebook). I thought WTF maybe “it's just the people here”, so I quit and went to college. I am currently doing the best in my whole class so I know I am not “retarded”.

Well, needless to say college has been no different then facebook and fast food. I have had 4 guys show interest in me and then just ignore me. It is literally like a pattern.

But this time it is worse because I was actually able to get one of the guys to take me out to diner about 5 times, and now he is completely ignoring me. He ignores all of my texts and facebook messages. And my mom is making a big deal out of me going out to dinner again (I haven't told her about him ignoring me, and I really don't want to). So now I am going to have to make up a reason about why we don't go anywhere anymore. Very awkward and depressing.

But like I have said before, it is almost like a pattern, 1)first they show interest, 2)then they begin ignoring me. It never fails to end like that.

I have some explanations:

(1) I am jinxed.
I don't find this likely since I am not a religious person anymore. But I will put this here anyway.

(2) It is simply my awkwardness.
Possible, but I really don't feel like I am that awkward anymore.

(3) The government is messing with me.
This is the reason I joined. I have started to wonder about the very real possibility of me being an MKULTRA 2.0 victim? I mean, it is almost like everything goes normally until the gov brainwashes my friend in to not liking me. The pattern would almost fit (step 1, I make a friend), (step 2, he likes me), (step 3, and then ZAP the gov gets him with with a mind control device).

But I suppose the question is why? What purpose would it serve? Drive me insane? Maybe I am just experiment #1764.74457.98870.4?

And does anyone know of any tech that could be used to accomplish this? ELF? HAARP?

(4) The multiverse theory.
Assuming the multiverse theory is true, that could explain it. For those of you who don't know what the multiverse theory is, it is simply an accepted scientific theory. It says for every possibility, there is a universe where everything is possible. For example there is a universe where Mozart leaves his Lunar colony to support General George Washinator in his war against the giant mutant evil ninja turtles in 2104. Pretty much everything is possible with the multiverse theory. So it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine a universe where I am forever friendless no matter what I try.

So what do you guys think is causing people to ignore me for no reason? Just remember my pattern:

1)first they show interest
2)then they begin ignoring me
3)repeat with different guy, go back to step 1

WTF?

Hi WDYT, you can scrub your 4 theories! It's simple, you are trying to hard. I moved about a lot when i was younger too and i found myself having to make new friends every time. The problem is, i think, that psychological you try harder every time, trying to impress people more and more, probably in the hope that they will accept you and be a forever friend. But the harder you try the worse it get's and the worst thing about this is that everyone notices but you. You have analyzed yourself and you see no problem but if you really think about it everyone else seems to see something. Are they all wrong and you are right? probably not. My advice is to completely be yourself, be happy with yourself, don't try to impress and you will be amazed by the result's. Let the real you shine through!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
To answer a couple of reoccurring questions, I guess I could behave awkwardly but no more then your average homeschooler. No one has ever asked me to have sex with them, in fact quite the opposite... and I am not religious either I am an atheist. And I am average looking, not ugly, not a supermodel either.

It just seems bizarre that everyone follows the same pattern, in fact there is never a deviation from this pattern... never. For example, I have never been made fun of for my awkwardness for example. It just always ends the same way. It always ends with an emotionless, straight faced zombie-like expression, if that makes sense.

And I thought you guys were supposed to be conspiracy theorists? What is with all this rationality? lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join