It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone mysteriously hate/dislike me for no reason? Is the shadow gov behind it?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wutdouthink

Examine your own behavior. Don't just assume there is no problem with it and people start ignoring you randomly.

The last girl I dated was around your age (I presume), early 20's (i'm 28 - was 26 and 27 at the time though). I'm not sure if it is indicative of upcoming generations (your generation), but she was needy in a way I had never experienced before. To the point that it encroached on any alone time I might have, and my work schedule.

One thing I can assure you.. not the governments fault. It's either the people you are trying to connect with are idiots not worthy of making connections with, or you come off a certain way (I can't pinpoint it without talking to you).

I personally dont think there's a cement normal/awkward/etc, but I am pretty adept at discovering what boring average people find abnormal/awkward/etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

wutdouthink
Hello and thanks to all of you for your overwhelming amount of responses. It would be impossible for me to reply to each of them individually of course unfortunately. But I was able to read them all, and over the next week or so I am going to try to read them in more detail.

I never actually intended to join this forum long term. Indeed I really only wanted to ask that question, which has had a number of quality responses. So since college is starting back soon I don't think I will be logging back in again after today, but I will read all of the replies that people continue to post. And after much consideration I am not going to be accepting friend request to my real life facebook because I kinda find the nature of my posts here to be extremely embarrassing. I mean I would hate to create a link between my posts here and my real life identity. In fact I had no idea I would get so many facebook requests from people. But I really hope you guys understand I pretty much just wanted to ask an (insane) anonymous question.

Also, I have been completely swamped with messages so please don't feel upset if my replies were short, I did my best to reply to them all!

Once again thank you to all who cared enough to post and send me a message/request, I really appreciate it!

Nevermind. This is why you have no friends.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
On the plus side, no one borrowing items or cash you might not ever see again, no favours being asked of you, no worries of offending anyone, doing what you want to do when you want to do it in your own time, just make sure you have a cell phone for the police or ambulance.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This was all an elaborate scam to collect ATSers as facebook friends.
Enjoy your jars friends.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I find the dating advice given in this thread awful. It may be true, but it really makes men sound like pricks. Stay single until you meet someone who's not scared of women.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Come on now people, this thread is definitely done with...

It has already been made clear to everyone what the "mystery" really is, and its not very mysterious.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your problem, I can imagine it is very difficult for you, but I am sure there is some logical reason as to why this may be happening.

Just a question and I do not want you to take this the wrong way...

You say that you see a pattern where people will be friends with you, and then suddenly ignore you. Once you think you make a connection with someone, are you maybe coming on a bit strong? Once you think you have friended somebody, you very well may be thinking this is your only friend and you might be smothering them a little. You may so desperately want contact with this person to the point that the other person thinks... Whooa! Slow down! And simply thinks your a little weird for coming on so strong. You may friend them, and constantly message them and it may be getting a little intense for the other person. Totally understandable considering you were home schooled.

I may be way off here and I apologise if I am but it is a high possibility that your social awareness may be slightly out of tune.

Try playing a little harder to get with men, let them contact you without it being the other way around. Because from the sounds of it, you don't have any problem with initial contact, it sounds like the problem is sustaining contact.

Hope this helps for you and good luck

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

What was the mystery so I don't have to read all kinds guys giving their advice in hopes of meeting a female atser (although i admittedly met a gorgeous girl who posted here that I am friends with on facebook.. too bad she's taken, but we talk).

Is it that this was a poster using two accounts to get their 20?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Second post down on this page.. you are the one that replied to it! Though, it seemed a definitive possibility from the start (which is why I replied in the ways I did).

No need to delve into some deep psycho-analysis or anything, but most people enjoy relationships and friendships being a two way street.

I see no two way street here!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wutdouthink

Believe in you. Don't worry about the others. Don't pay it any mind. FOCUS.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
DELETED

edit on 22-2-2014 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Hi, first a little about myself. I am in my early 20's, I was homeschooled,

I think you might find this is your problem, a good state education in a rough part of town would have put a end to your awkwardness before the shadow government or the multiverse destroyed your social life.

Homeschooling is robbing a child of there childhood.
edit on 22-2-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

wutdouthink

(2) It is simply my awkwardness.
Possible, but I really don't feel like I am that awkward anymore.

My 2 cents..

Some people have certain way they interact with other people. Without knowing it themselves. I know just such a person. Even when trying to make friends and be both social and polite they often get on someones bad side. Neighbors, co-workers and so on.

It' can be a combination of several things. Such as:

- What you say, and how it is percieved by others differs greatly.
When you say something nice to someone, they migh take it as critizism. Can be the way you naturally express yourself.

- When you look at people, do you display what you think about them without knowing it yourself?
With your eyes, or with an unconscious smile. All the time...

edit on 2/23/2014 by Chazam because: Spelling..

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey Op, i new here. I'm reading these post people, are just telling you your problem. Instead of fixing or helping there making you feel tad bit worse. Listen man, if you want a friend, message me on here. Peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I dont think homeschooling ruins kids for life, but I agree that every homeschool kid that showed up in public school (where I went) was incredibly awkward. Smart, but awkward because they dont get to navigate that social mine field. Sure they may interact with neighborhood kids or have their parents friends kids over (other home schoolers), but they dont get the full experience. They dont get they bullies and irrational a**holes.

The homeschool kids were only comfortable with the very few personality types they'd been exposed to.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I would'nt want to be freinds w/ someone who is constantly over analysing how ppl are behaving towards them with severe paranoia. It takes too much energy to be freinds with someone like that. And is very annoying. You need to relax alittle and not think about things so much and freinds will just happen.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
better to start honest relationships based on reality in your 20's than to have to reset the boundaries on long time relationships that go adrift in your 40's. You will be surprised as you get older and have more friends and convictions about the world the amount of relationships that won't continue to enrich you. Be authentic and stick to your guns. You are valuable as you are and sometimes youth prevents us from seeing the best in folks especially in ourselves.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

wutdouthink
Nope, not true. I try my best to be nice.

Are you trying 'too' hard? Despiration is off putting people think they are being set up for something.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but if I was a betting man, I'm guessing it's pretty simple.

You don't understand the social norms, and alienate people because of it.

Eventually, you'll meet someone who's a weirdo like you.

Trust me, my weirdo married me and now have two kids together. LOL.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

crazyewok
Do you smell? Do dress scuffy and frumpy?

then please watch you're self as a brown bear might try and dry hump your leg

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join