It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy idea... Light bulbs that spy on you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The last American incandescent light bulb factory closed last year in preparation for the move to the new 'energy efficient' light bulb standard. The new light bulbs have mercury in them.

I don't have anything to say about the potential environmental and health impact of mercury in light bulbs, however, the fact that the mercury is incorporated into an electrical system as ubiquitous as light bulbs troubles me more.

Mercury does some pretty incredible things when it is subject to an electrical field, in fact it does pretty amazing things when it is simply rotating or spinning in space. Subjecting mercury to an electric field creates a magnetic field which is different in a lot of ways from other electrically generated magnetic fields.

The magnetic field generated by electrified mercury seems to be quite a bit stronger than it should be, relative to the amount of electrical energy supplied, and these magnetic fields can also be manipulated by changing the type of motion of the mercury.

I believe that with the manipulation of magnetic and electrical resonance, these new light bulbs can be used as receivers/transmitters by parsing and measuring energy changes within a proximity of the light bulb, and that it is highly accurate.

Imagine a device which creates a 'sensing' field of very specific magnetism which can detect and discern very subtle energy fluctuations within a proximity of the device, record the changes, and transmit that record to a supercomputer. Then the computer can analyze the data, and break the energy changes down to examine sound and the visible light spectrum, as well as the non-visible spectrum.

This device would be a built in observation suite in every room of every home and workplace, complete with highly sensitive microphone, and essentially a camera that records the entire spectrum of electromagnetism, including visible light. It would also be able to detect infrared or heat signatures, as well as having no limitation for detection in darkness.

Better than a camera though, this device would be able to also detect objects within it's proximity with regard to it's proximity, allowing for a complete three dimensional computer simulation to be created. It would literally see in three dimensions, as if observing from all points in space simultaneously.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Mon1k3r because: Had to consider the derp factor. Title changed.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well it's creative idea.. I'm not that sure mercury is able to do these things but if it was they would need some kind of splitter at the panel to split/represent where each light/mercury signal is coming from otherwise it would be just a mass amount of indecipherable data I would think

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It would be decipherable because all of the changes detected would be recorded as a function of time. And since all of the changes over time are recorded throughout the entire 'sensing sphere' simultaneously, you can also discern distance.

This all supposes that these subtle energy changes can be detected on at least an atomic level, if not a quantum level, and that there exists a computer with the capacity for that volume of data. But I've believed for a very long time that there are some in this world who have developed and/or have access to technology that is far beyond what any public does.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Mercury is archetypal of badness. It could be used to subdue certain tendencies.

People are unconscious to tiny purposeful adjustments. Elements hold archetypal reflections of humans in every aspect of their life's.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Jteetj
Mercury is archetypal of badness. It could be used to subdue certain tendencies.

People are unconscious to tiny purposeful adjustments. Elements hold archetypal reflections of humans in every aspect of their life's.

Yes mercury has symbolic representations attached to it, which may or may not actually mean anything useful, but you're real close on one thing. Elements, and their constituents literally hold archetypal reflections of every point in space.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
It would be decipherable because all of the changes detected would be recorded as a function of time. And since all of the changes over time are recorded throughout the entire 'sensing sphere' simultaneously, you can also discern distance.

This all supposes that these subtle energy changes can be detected on at least an atomic level, if not a quantum level, and that there exists a computer with the capacity for that volume of data. But I've believed for a very long time that there are some in this world who have developed and/or have access to technology that is far beyond what any public does.

This is amazing. You actually know the truth.

If you live in this mindset long enough you grow wiser and wiser of symbols. You reach stages or phases. You begin to live a different life than other people because you grow a different awareness that can read subtle influences. You begin to make your own encyclopaedia of very esoteric knowledge that doesn't care if it apply's to anything because you'll learn that intention is a learning tool within itself that identifies everything can be used for anything with imagination and time. Some how, intention draws out influences on others, as long as something physical is being purposely manipulated to be like this. The intention has to be very intrinsic.

My own language can piece together media like nothing before. I understand why some stories are shown on TV. Not for value that we know but for behaviour change or rather a showing of behaviour change in its order that is seemingly surprisingly more clever than what people can perceive. I think there is esoteric knowledge behind news timing and stories. Or just a natural sync with myself.

edit on 30-12-2013 by Jteetj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It is about being continuous yet courteous. Note how there the same spelling nearly. This is no coincidence in my books.

Because these two must go together for truth and knowledge to trickle in. knowledge isn't stuck in any form It lives everywhere, it is behind you. Sometimes it can be a degree or two out of your perception.

It does a 360 on you. When you complete your 360 of knowledge you evolve. You realise things are temporary and that humans withhold us from acceptance of our own thoughts because they are that brutal with ignorance.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

That's interesting and not to derail but thank you for explaining this difference in light bulbs. I have a tendency of outputting more electricity than normal and the number one victim to such a thing, historically, has been regular light bulbs. As an experiment, I switched to CFL to see if they could withstand the jolts better than incandescent and they did. I think what you explained above may actually explain why those bulbs don't blow out when impacted by a large static discharge. Basically, the way that they are allows them to accept energy fluctuations including large fluctuations. Interesting.

Not sure how useful it would be to use them in the way that you suggest. Most of us, by now, probably have smart meters on our residences which essentially do the same thing and transmit it nightly up to the utility companies' eyes in the sky.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There's a thousand ways to skin a cat!

But naw, there really are several different paths to the same destination.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Are you saying you emit static electricity?

Static is a funny thing. It is a form of electricity not associated with a concurrent magnetism. I think of it not as static electricity, but more as a non-magnetic condition created which allows electricity to flow in a way similar to a regular magnetic one.

So if you emit static, what you are doing is really creating a condition in space around you which allows electricity to manifest. The electricity is always there, you just make it boil up!
edit on 30-12-2013 by Mon1k3r because: clarity

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Am sorry but this mercury light bulb is purely to work on an archetypal response.

Of course this ancient order (which is based on natural order) invented science and religion. Anyway....

Because they are the ones that push the science wagon around, they quite gently discover mercury as something of use. Of course it's behaviour ability won't be discovered by science because scientists won't be willing to understand the infinite effects of the quantum world until a journal is published. Even though you don't have to wait

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The response that Ipad and touch screens create is of a archetypal response that makes people feel more inclined to back down and see things outside the touch screen world as a possibility to explore later with their fingers.

Is this for control?

Naa more like power to the people kind of thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
There's a thousand ways to skin a cat!

But naw, there really are several different paths to the same destination.

This truth is holistic in nature.

I.e. In the mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Jteetj
Because they are the ones that push the science wagon around...

I really believe that the publishing of relativity was a coup on science, and a way to suppress the discoveries in electricity and gravity that were about to be presented to the world at that time.

Since relativity, there has been no significant discoveries in electricity, and we are only now discovering relationships between energy and matter interactions. These were things that Faraday began working out 70 years prior to relativity, and just a decade before, Tesla was working to put electricity to good use using the ideas that were prevalent prior to Einstein.

Science now what's reported on the news. There are more words in science for 'I don't know' than there ever has been, simply because we have to keep making things up arbitrarily to make up for what we don't think we know. Dark matter and dark energy being prime examples.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Mon1k3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

Jteetj
Because they are the ones that push the science wagon around...

because we have to keep making things up arbitrarily to make up for what we don't know. Dark matter and dark energy being prime examples.

I know it is a shame.

But you are damn right about a lot of things.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Yep and I've actually been medically examined for a possible source of the phenomena as my doctors were shocked touching me just one too many times, lol. One doc actually brought in a multimeter to see just how much static electricity I was giving off and it went to 100. Their big idea was that it was possibly an electrolyte imbalance but that blood test came back normal. My entire home, at the time, was looked over by an electrician to assure that the problem wasn't within the home, which I already knew was the case as this has been consistent in every residence that I've ever lived in. Humidity has not been a factor either though it may increase the number of discharges dramatically. I live in a typically high humidity area.

I've discharged into a variety of things beyond just metal. Metal does, however, produce some of the loudest cracks and sometimes a visible blue arc. Plastics, fruit, running water, wood--you name it, nothing is safe. Incandescent bulbs and watches die. Debit cards die. I did have a set of polycarbonate glasses from Williams-Sonoma but one exploded in my hand. Those automated sinks in some public restrooms will routinely deny my existence and eventually, some kind stranger will, after watching me doing everything I can think of to get it to turn on, reach over and trigger it off for me. That's pretty humiliating, lol. Radios will either generate more static or a signal will get clearer when I'm about. Early commercial GPS systems (2006-7) couldn't identify their location around me but they've improved the technology on that. It's pretty consistent to something field related but, like I said, they gave up trying to figure out why.

I've seen a lot of theories posited on the whys that I don't quite buy or outright stating that people like me are either dumb or liars. I personally would like to shake the latter's hands. Hadn't seen it posited that it's just a field change. Kind of makes sense considering the GPS, radio and automated sink effects. I don't know a lot about electricity so am not sure but I'd be interested if there is any consistency that you can note from the above effects that could explain just what is going on.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

Mercury does some pretty incredible things when it is subject to an electrical field...

Subjecting mercury to an electric field creates a magnetic field which is different in a lot of ways from other electrically generated magnetic fields...

The magnetic field generated by electrified mercury seems to be quite a bit stronger than it should be...

Citation please? I think you're going to find the source is, well, undependable.

I believe that with the manipulation of magnetic and electrical resonance, these new light bulbs can be used as receivers/transmitters by parsing and measuring energy changes within a proximity of the light bulb, and that it is highly accurate.

Hm. Well, "magnetic resonance" generally is used as part of the concept "nuclear magnetic resonance", and that's not occurring with a light bulb. In terms of "electrical resonance", what's resonating, with what, and why? And what's manipulating that resonance, and in what way is that "accurate"?

Imagine a device which creates a 'sensing' field of very specific magnetism which can detect and discern very subtle energy fluctuations within a proximity of the device, record the changes, and transmit that record to a supercomputer. Then the computer can analyze the data, and break the energy changes down to examine sound and the visible light spectrum, as well as the non-visible spectrum.

That sounds sciency, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. "very specific magnetism"? What does that mean to you? And why do you think a magnetic field would detect "subtle energy fluctuations"? What's supposedly recording the putative changes? The light bulb? How is it supposedly transmitting that data? If all the light bulbs are doing this, what sort of data bandwidth would it require? What's being used to send that data? The power line? Do you think that a magnetic field can sense sound? Visible light? How?

This device would be a built in observation suite in every room of every home and workplace, complete with highly sensitive microphone, and essentially a camera that records the entire spectrum of electromagnetism, including visible light. It would also be able to detect infrared or heat signatures, as well as having no limitation for detection in darkness.

Why have a microphone? Your supposedly 'very specific magnetism' was detecting sound in the previous paragraph. And how is it a camera? What did you do for scanning? Lensing? How is it seeing in darkness?

Better than a camera though, this device would be able to also detect objects within it's proximity with regard to it's proximity, allowing for a complete three dimensional computer simulation to be created. It would literally see in three dimensions, as if observing from all points in space simultaneously.

With a magnetic field from a light bulb? How much data is produced from observing a volume from all points in space simultaneously?

I think you've got a lot of issues with this idea. That's one hell of a light bulb.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Bedlam
Citation please? I think you're going to find the source is, well, undependable.

I could cite my own theory, but here is a neat YouTube video instead!

What is happening here is recoil. Subjecting the mercury to electric current is creating a magnetic vortex strong enough to move the matter around it. The mercury itself is not moving, but it is creating a condition in which the magnetism will cause the 'space' to move in a clockwise motion so strongly that the 'matter' recoils against it, similar to a bullet leaving the chamber of a gun.

This particular magnetic field is different in that it's shape and size can be changed by changing the shape of the vessel containing the mercury. When mercury is set into fast motion within a sphere or a vortex (or a coil), the rotation of the mercury atoms amplifies the magnetic field.

Hm. Well, "magnetic resonance" generally is used as part of the concept "nuclear magnetic resonance", and that's not occurring with a light bulb. In terms of "electrical resonance", what's resonating, with what, and why? And what's manipulating that resonance, and in what way is that "accurate"?

Magnetic resonance could be a little misleading. More the opposite. Rather than polarizing elements and reading particular densities graphically, it would be like injecting a uniform field, or rather polarizing a field as a basis against which change could be measured. The uniformity of the field generated can be used as a baseline from which to detect changes to the environment, on a subatomic scale.

That sounds sciency, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. "very specific magnetism"? What does that mean to you? And why do you think a magnetic field would detect "subtle energy fluctuations"? What's supposedly recording the putative changes? The light bulb? How is it supposedly transmitting that data? If all the light bulbs are doing this, what sort of data bandwidth would it require? What's being used to send that data? The power line? Do you think that a magnetic field can sense sound? Visible light? How?

By specific, I refer to uniformity, as stated above. As far as the 'recording' process, which is admittedly a large step, it would work on the principle we currently mistake as 'quantum entanglement.' The field of magnetism, is continually, inextricably, and symmetrically linked to the electricity that creates it, and those subtle fluctuations in the energy of the environment could be returned similar to sonar or radar, in principle.

Why have a microphone? Your supposedly 'very specific magnetism' was detecting sound in the previous paragraph. And how is it a camera? What did you do for scanning? Lensing? How is it seeing in darkness?

You misunderstand. I'm not saying it would have a microphone, I'm saying that it could act as a microphone, as it detect changes in the energy field in the form of compression waves in the air as well, which could be converted into sound digitally.

And it's not a camera, it is a device that detects changes in energy fluctuations and turns them into usable data, which could be used to reconstruct an environment in a simulation.

With a magnetic field from a light bulb? How much data is produced from observing a volume from all points in space simultaneously?

Yeah, that's one big thing. The computational considerations are staggering, however, I'm sure some system of compression could be devised where data in unchanging portions of the environment would be disregarded as irrelevant until something moves within that space.

As far as the data transmission, all I'll say is there's already a better mousetrap for that. Most people envision data - it's storage and transmission in terms of 'size' or 'space'. Data is not size or space, it is information. We send data through a 'pipe', and generally the bigger the pipe, the higher the data transfer rate. Not everyone believes this, and I believe some people are not constrained by this idea, much less this technology.

I think you've got a lot of issues with this idea. That's one hell of a light bulb.

Thanks man, I have issues with a lot of stuff. I think that's what you meant. It is a hell of a light bulb, though, and I think we're all going to have issues with it one day soon!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
It is a hell of a light bulb, though, and I think we're all going to have issues with it one day soon!

Only if the laws of physics undergo massive modifications on oh so many fronts.

I did sort of expect a home made YouTube video though. At least it had vortexes. Can't have a good crank video without some vortices, Tesla, or a few things Science Doesn't Want You To Know.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

S & F for thinking outside the box.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join