It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds announce 6 "test states" for Drones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness

learnatic

BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This is the most disturbing part... notice "winning states" this means that states were bidding against each other to be a test bed for this happening. "Representatives from winning states were jubilant about the FAA announcement."

I don't recall any of my state Represenatives running under a drone platform... how are they representing us, when we have no idea what in the world people are trying to pass? We need some serious detailed questionaries for these people meaning to take office of wht they are for and against... if they are going to accurately represent us as a people.

Poiliticians react to pressure. They stand for what ever issue they are pressured into supporting. Its simply a matter of the people being more active and exerting more pressure on their politicians than the opposition (military industry complex etc) exerts on them.

I would suggest the above quoted actions will achieve little or nothing.

I think it's more pressure added to their wallets, if they caved under pressure for pressures sake then they'd listen to the people they represent... have an open dialog something along the lines of "Hey, the government wants to put drones in our states airspace and here's their stated reason... do you guys want it or not? Contact me send petitions" We don't get notifications, just decisions made on our behalf on many many things we are ignorant about... and the excuse for it is because we chose them to represent us.

Thats how its supposed to work but the reason the rich and powerful gnerally sepaking, always get their wayn is because they big people can exert more pressure than we can. We dont have power unless we are united and show that we are as what happens when demontrations occur. While we do not have to go that far provided we can find and use other means of exerting pressure on policians to make them act according to our wishes not those of big business with the superior resources and access.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Oh, it's far far worse than that.

All that rich, powerful, or political stuff is nothing.
Meer dressing and paint.

It is about a consistent and unrelenting de-humanization
of our society, and our relationship to our own government.

The elusive secret forces that are manipulating this planet
cannot be bothered to actually get-to-know-us, instead we
are treated like cattle and conditioned to the assembly line
whistle, or the time clock, or the recorded radio broadcast,
or the impersonal news cast, or the training video, and on
and on it goes.

In the 90's it was called downsizing, and they gutted all the
middle management. Now no one can find anyone with
authority to negotiate a raise.

In the 2000's it was called Human-Resources, and people
were put into part-time or temp jobs. Severing their last
connections even to the human element of having a boss.

NOW.

NOW THEY INTEND TO POLICE US WITH GODDAMN UNMANNED DRONES.

Mike Grouchy.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Get ready New York, they'll be there soon! Hahahaha. No, but really, they've been above every state for many many years now. We all know this. The next acclimation will be fully autonomous hive-mind drones that work together and swarm with efficiency and devastating effect. This public roll out is just a smoke-screen for the new phase, which is most likely in testing/deployment right now.

I mean even Amazon is pushing their new experimental autonomous "package delivery drones". You know darpa has the dopest drone tech out there, so what's to stop a rogue criminal element from creating a false flag based on combating "terrorist drones" on US soil to make people beg for total drone coverage? I'm sure it's in the cards for these psychos.

We need to draw the line with autonomous drones or things will escalate very badly very quickly IMHO.

Here's a nice fluff piece promoting the whole idea:

Soon, Drones May Be Able to Make Lethal Decisions on Their Own

Skynet is upon us, friends. And it's name is darpa-tech

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Once again you guys are going off the deep end.
Just how long would it take to analyze the data/video from a 6 hour flight of a drone?
Days to weeks.
Where is all this staff going to come from????
If this survailance is soooo important why are they not doing it continously with manned aircraft right now?

I have news for you guys!
Drones are flying in every state right now.
Do a Youtube search for 'FPV Quadcopter".
It's hobbiests. These have advanced substantially in just the past 6 months.
You can pre program a flight path spanning a few miles and 1/2 hour and more.

It's not the government spying on you, it's your neighbors.
And they will turn you in faster than their props spin.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Just where I saw the article... and got the external text, digging up the original not really needed in my opinion... the story is the same in many places and sites thanks to the A.P.

Don't doubt you for one second. Politico is just one of the few that seem to still write most of their own stories. I've seen the whole carbon copy news story get repeated all over the place in other instances, which I think is really pretty interesting. How do they vet the sources of such articles? They probably don't. Even the link I gave is bum now. Here's a few more carbon copies (sure enough, exact same wording):

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

Subtle differences/edits/additions but roughly similar: www.bbc.co.uk...

And now for something completely different (and why they tend to be my preferred news agencies because at least they write their own stories still--weather.com though lol?):
www.latimes.com...
www.weather.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Once the drones are up it's game over.
The Police State will be omniscient and omnipresent.
Nothing is secret online and nothing will be secretly physically due to advanced sensor capabilities.
They can see you inside your home and even tell if you are carrying a weapon.
First it will be more mundane things like speeding tickets or a visit from the building inspector because you didn't get a permit to put up that gazebo or solar panel. You know government though, it's always about more control, more money, more power. They don't know when to stop and can't if they wanted to.

It's bad and can only get worse particularly as more and more micro drones are developed which can be launched from large, fast drones for specific missions.
Skynet? No, it's actually more insidious than that. No evil robots to even shoot at, just somebody sitting in a trailer with a joystick in their hand you have no idea where they physically operate from.
Shoot one down they'll send a dozen more after you.
This is the last straw for freedom from which there will be no return once this threshold is crossed.
Comply or die.

Don't wait for a "seminal event" to occur.
This is it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

This is the last straw for freedom from which there will be no return once this threshold is crossed.
Comply or die.

Don't wait for a "seminal event" to occur.
This is it.

I could not agree anymore. We should all be supporting the Geneva Convention talks on banning Autonomous Drones worldwide before it gets any worse.

Campagn To Stop Killer Robots

Campaigners Call On The United Nations To Ban Killer Robots

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

I read your title and thought...drone hunting...then was glad you addressed it!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

Of course the Air Force has a different take on it.

Mike Grouchy

Not trying to be cheeky but that thing bugs me... notice the tiny hypodermic to take blood samples. Are you complying with your medical plan? Do you have narcotics in your system? Let's get some DNA for human clones or a database... I really really draw the line on the rights violations of my body, and what I choose or don't choose to do with it, sampling my blood or any bodily fluids with a foreign object or otherwise for any reason, will never be consented too... I am sure they will find a way or some precedence like work place "drug testing" to push it over on us. But bottom line my body and anything it produces is not government property and never will be, unless I put it in a bag and light it on fire on their porch... and what I do or do not do off the clock, or in my back yard, or inside my house, is no ones business unless I make it their business. Ding-Dong!

Is this the transparency the Feds were talking about? Us not them...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
First...Happy New Year! Second...if this actually happens, it is time for all patriotic citizens to evacuate the USA and never return. This is the wall they can't build to keep us prisoners. These are the prison guards that will hunt you down and compile evidence against you. In the end, these drones will do the bidding of the government, not the people, and the people's freedom will end.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
May have to resort to some WW2 camouflage tactics around my house!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
whats wrong with drones? Let em watch. The police need to put these things up all over the place.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In other news, The NRA has announced 6 new "special purpose" skeet shooting states.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

cloaked4u
whats wrong with drones? Let em watch. The police need to put these things up all over the place.

You must not be an American.

Seriously, cause if you are that is the scariest post I have ever read.

My family has sacrificed much for our Liberty.

I will not have it cheapened by some bored cops.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is absolutely horrible. I have largely advocated only peaceful resistance and disobedience, but it's things like this that make me think a violent revolution needs to happen before it becomes unwinnable. It normally takes a lot to make me angry but this drone BS really pushes the rage button for me.

Let's invest in some weaponry and start a drone hunting company. I'm sure we'll have plenty of support.

Drone hunters unite!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ValerieDivusen

Pretty sure it's already un-winnable, the best we have is taking it to local politics where our vote and voice still count... if super pacs have their way, then our voice won't matter in local and state politics either... just like the national "poll" every four years doesn't matter... remember the term poll tax? Yeah...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness

MrSpad
Why is a story about the FAA allowing the testing of civilian drones full of pictures of military drones. Military drones already have access to our airspace. This is testing for companies and private owners.

Feel free to add some drone pics if you would like... military drones being in our airspace does have a thread here; in the Hoax forum.

Pretty sure of yourself huh.

The government always does what they say publicly.

I saw one flying over E. St. Louis when I was working on the highschool roof.

But hey, it's cool, we all know they have our best interests in mind.
edit on 1-1-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

They are not talking about "drone" drones. They are talking about little scale airplanes with cameras. LOL. We are so screwed but it only hurts when I laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join