It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds announce 6 "test states" for Drones

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 30-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
That settles it.
I am buying that .50cal while I still can.
Test drones over my state!
Who the hell approved this?

you won't even hear them or see them, and your .50cal won't even reach them. but, who I'm I to ruin your "yippee-ky-yah" moment....go for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting. Do they have to fly…

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
Test drones over my state!
Who the hell approved this?

Funny you ask that. I'm asking that very question, as I live in one of those states and we the people here weren't allowed to choose.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You guys won't have to work anymore. Or, a lot of you anyway. Not the way you know work that is.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Mveins0
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

I'd bet they are susceptible to jamming. Otherwise, they'll have to be shot down. Live free or die NSA.

They definitely are prone to jamming, and you can buy and make all kinds of gear to jam their different signals they use.. I have issued myself a drone hunting license and am not afraid to jam them and shoot them down if they are visible or close enough to shoot at with safety of others in mind..

It is clearly unconstitutional to be spied on by drones, so death to them , but do not get caught.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
drones.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As I mentioned a while back they want to catalogue activity and movement add facial recongnition software and it will be able to do so with enough precision to ID the whole state but it will probably take a few years.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
But But But didn't they say pilots will make over $100k per year!! 70k jobs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Or BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's time to invest in one of these?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There has been very sparse news coverage on this topic. When the government is quiet on a subject, you can bet they're hiding something. A lot of 'something'.
I grew up being taught that the government is supposed to represent the will of the people.
I don't think the government sees the working class as people anymore.

I have a very sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Miss Nugget

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Just where I saw the article... and got the external text, digging up the original not really needed in my opinion... the story is the same in many places and sites thanks to the A.P.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here's a NOVA documentary on drones... I'm about to watch it to get a better understanding of the "why"... no good reason for them has been put forth in my opinion... so I'm hoping to hear the rationalization for why they think we need drones in our airspace. The docu looks interesting, and NOVA always seems to do a great job documenting too: Rise of the Drones it is 53:55 minutes in length for those that can't watch... the transcript can be found here: Link to Transcript Click on "Transcript" about halfway down the page.

Rise of the Drones:

edit on 30-12-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: embedded wrong

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Just finished watching it, still no good reason for them in our domestic airspace... it is I think exactly what it appears to be... quoted from the NOVA video "an all seeing eye" in the sky always watching.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This is the most disturbing part... notice "winning states" this means that states were bidding against each other to be a test bed for this happening. "Representatives from winning states were jubilant about the FAA announcement."

I don't recall any of my state Represenatives running under a drone platform... how are they representing us, when we have no idea what in the world people are trying to pass? We need some serious detailed questionaries for these people meaning to take office of wht they are for and against... if they are going to accurately represent us as a people.

Poiliticians react to pressure. They stand for what ever issue they are pressured into supporting. Its simply a matter of the people being more active and exerting more pressure on their politicians than the opposition (military industry complex etc) exerts on them.

I would suggest the above quoted actions will achieve little or nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

learnatic

BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This is the most disturbing part... notice "winning states" this means that states were bidding against each other to be a test bed for this happening. "Representatives from winning states were jubilant about the FAA announcement."

I don't recall any of my state Represenatives running under a drone platform... how are they representing us, when we have no idea what in the world people are trying to pass? We need some serious detailed questionaries for these people meaning to take office of wht they are for and against... if they are going to accurately represent us as a people.

Poiliticians react to pressure. They stand for what ever issue they are pressured into supporting. Its simply a matter of the people being more active and exerting more pressure on their politicians than the opposition (military industry complex etc) exerts on them.

I would suggest the above quoted actions will achieve little or nothing.

I think it's more pressure added to their wallets, if they caved under pressure for pressures sake then they'd listen to the people they represent... have an open dialog something along the lines of "Hey, the government wants to put drones in our states airspace and here's their stated reason... do you guys want it or not? Contact me send petitions" We don't get notifications, just decisions made on our behalf on many many things we are ignorant about... and the excuse for it is because we chose them to represent us.

Well, without some transparency from them about what is coming down the pipe how in the world are we to know what they are for and or against? In any decision they make we are not aware of... who they are representing really comes into question, better economies and jobs is the propaganda speak... these things are going to cost US taxpayers billions. Is it fair we have to cough up the dough for all these things none of us are really asking for? I have never heard a public outcry FOR drones have you?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here in the great state of Jawja thats Georgia for yall nice folks up north. We had a case a couple months ago where a group of people were using a drone to smuggle smokes into a prison. The drone crashed and all were arrested, but on the case at hand. Georgia is one of the test states. What I'm having hard time grasping is what for? What will the drones be doing, what will the one's controling them be doing? I read on my local news website its local and private investors and companies doing the flying. I wonder if any have ties to the FED. I wonder if I will get a prize if I shoot one down. Wait cant do that Georgia has a law against shooting in the air. Will I receive my amazon packages by drone or will a drone deliver a warrant. Traffic reports and DOT maybe, save fule and cost for a choppa. All in all drones flying over head will be common place and the day the drones are set against the public, the public wont know the difference, just another drone buzzing around.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Drone use in the U.S.A. is ongoing.

FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)

Congress surprised by drone use on U.S. soil? It shouldn't be

Some time ago, 700 certificates had already been issued since 2005 or so. Earlier this year (talked about in a thread on ATS) there was a story about the first certificates issued to private parties for used military drones. It was some sort of landmark thing - private parties using military drones.

The FBI, DOD, Immigration, Texas Rangers etc. have used them.

Some police departments have them:

Police UAV Drones

Some are Predators, some not, some larger, some small and some made to look like a guy out with his remote and hobby plane.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There is an age-old truism in the army that they always train to fight the last war.

Don't be left behind,
watch this video and
get out in front of what is coming.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Of course the Air Force has a different take on it.

Mike Grouchy

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join