Fukushima Nightmare Continues as Homeless People are Recruited for Cleanup, Scammed Out of Wages

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Police and media in Japan have discovered that homeless people near Fukushima have been recruited to help clean up the three-year-old nuclear devastation for minimum wages, but haven’t seen most of their money.

Most have wound up in debt.

I can't believe this using homeless people! Give me a break. It's bad enough Japan let's little information out, but to me this is a new low.

ecowatch.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Kill two birds with one stone...literally..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Whoa, that's just cruel all around. I bet these poor folks aren't even getting any protective gear, either.

If they're trying to snag the World's A-hole trophy from the US, they're doing a good job over there

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The saddest part is there is no cleaning this up, there is no contingency plan, we are a species experimenting beyond our means of control.

For three damn years this has been a cataclysmic disaster, the cores depending on what you believe are either still contained Or not contained and melting into the earth.

Reports have the robots tasked with some of the work being unable due to radiation, and even them shutting down with Honda and samsung as well as many other companies scrambling to make something next gen to do the work.

The lies continue the media vacuum remains and all the while its getting worse and worse with no end in sight.

I feel for these poor people used as fodder, but then again laud them for doing what they know has no forthright positive result. We have lost, the power plant is lost, the pacific will be dead, and the human impact worldwide is only just beginning. Only when the WORLD comes together and finally once and for all demands action, will we see it. Till then I think we will continue just to be force fed Jap Gov. and TEPCO lies

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
sad....... but normal these days ...looking trough the glasses of of the upperclass humans are disposible instruments to make money
they just fit in the pyramid game we call economy....!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Tepco was probably looking at it like this...why the hell are we gonna pay them. They won't be able to use it in a few months when they're dead or dying. Plus it makes us look great...oops we got caught...no worries cue up a distraction and everyone will forget.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me when people are so stunned and/or shocked over these corporations treating employees this way. They are in it for the money and profit and I would hazard a guess its a nonunion job with very little safety protocol. At this stage in the disaster the term "safety" really sounds ridiculous anyway. I would imagine those that take the job are desperate enough to do anything to survive. Wouldn't be the first time men and women have taken bad jobs to provide for their families; I always think of the coal miners back in the day who relied on canaries to test the air quality, etc...I could list many more deathtrap jobs. Sad indeed. Thanks for sharing, OP.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

You stay classy Japan.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

At least they found people to attempt to clean up this disaster! I say if they are willing, have at it......I think government officials from all over should be assisting on the ground here though...My personal opinion

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Are they being provided some of the best equipment to support this EA*RTH issue? or are the supported those already supported attempting to take advantage of those not supported while not realizing they the supported should be helping support also as should we all, who can.

If provided worthy equipment and sensors devices and medical & other professional oversight for exposure timing etc. , then there may be something to this attempt. If its the same $ game that has unpurified many of EA*RTH presented in another form to deceive then, may the LORD HELP US ALL for 1 can imagine supported not seeing the world their offsprings offspring have to inherit as the (present) $game of illusion blanks further insight of the future...
edit on 12/30/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just like the "bio-bots" that cleaned up Chernobyl.

Those who should be spearheading all this work right there by the core would be the family of and the corporate heads. I mean after all, they prospered the most so they should bear the greatest burden.

Fair is fair.

Derek

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
More coverage.

Japanese Mafia Rounds Up Homeless Men To Clean Up Radioactive Waste

Far removed from the spotlight, layers deep in contracts paid for by Japanese taxpayer money, subcontractors hired to help clean up the largest radioactive disaster in Japanese history have taken to rounding up homeless men with the assistance of the Japanese mafia, and paying them less than minimum wage to carry out the potentially deadly labor.

Clean-up of Fukushima after the 2011 tsunami that damaged a nuclear reactor and set off a debate over the safety of nuclear energy has been arduous at best, prone to delays and lacking in oversight. In a new report out on Monday, Reuters revealed that within the $35 billion web of government contracts some of the largest construction companies in Japan remain blissfully unaware of what their subcontractors are doing. This includes in Sendai, the largest city in the disaster zone, hiring homeless men to aid in the clean-up, “removing topsoil, cutting grass and scrubbing down houses,” for less than minimum wage.

“In one case, a 55-year-old homeless man reported being paid the equivalent of $10 for a full month of work at Shuto,” Reuters writes. “The worker’s paystub, reviewed by Reuters, showed charges for food, accommodation and laundry were docked from his monthly pay equivalent to about $1,500, leaving him with $10 at the end of the August.” ...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Just when you thought TEPCO couldn't be any more shadier.
Time to get them buggers off the job, as a WORLD problem we should not be allowing homeless people doing the clean up. (I can't believe I had to type that sentence)

A lot of people have said over the last three years ''What are they not telling us?'' well if this is anything to go by i'd say A LOT.

Earths Effed and no one is doing a damn thing about it. GREAT.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Their learning from the best!

new topics
top topics

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant