It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the truth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Why is it so hard to grasp the truth?

WHY GOD IS IT SO HARD TO GRASP THE TRUTH?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

Like a waterfall - it cannot be grasped.

Also, because there is an idea that it is elsewhere.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Because Truth for one ~ is illogical to another, so as the crossroads of life aren't the same for another.

If you spend your whole life looking for the truth, you'll miss the show that is your life.

Your life can also be postulated as self evident truth for a single concious mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Why is this even a thread?

WHY GOD IS THIS EVEN A THREAD?

Really? Nothing more than "why is it so hard to grasp the truth?"

What truth are you speaking of? Maybe a bit more elaboration on your part would make for a decent thread but as it is, it is not.
edit on 12/30/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It appears to hurt some @ times 1 included, like finding some truths associated with worshiping practices here on EA*RTH or BEYOND finding there is more still beyond.

And so a denial enforced rebellion is manifested, in order to look away from that which objectively is...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Because bottom line, nobody knows anything.

We are just all guessing, which is fun to do.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You haven't created it yet.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

sulaw
If you spend your whole life looking for the truth, you'll miss the show that is your life.
Why then is this written in Zohar, one of the most important books of Kabbalah?

"The sum of man’s desires is referred to as his heart. Since the nature with which we are born is absolute egoism, man does not feel the spiritual point in his heart. However, at some point in one of his reincarnations, man begins to gradually strive towards attainment of the causes of life, its evaluation; he yearns to attain himself, his source, just as you do right now. Man’s aspiration to the Creator is precisely this aspiration to attain his origin. Man’s discontent in life often helps him in this search, when there’s nothing that appeals to him in his surroundings. Such circumstances are sent from Above in order for man to start feeling an empty point in his heart, and to stimulate in him the desire to fulfill it."

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Your not ready for the truth...!
But I'll tell it to you anyway...
you see the truth is

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

see wasn't that simple?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

maybe smoke some weed and the OP might appeal to you?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That was very interesting, thanks for the post. But I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I mean knowing the unknown when I'm talking about grasping the truth. Not about accepting the existence as it is. Although that is something I'm very interested in too. I wonder if I have a high degree of this mental illness you call "denial enforced rebellion" and if that is the cause of my suffering and if so if there is a cure.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Aphorism

You haven't created it yet.
Is that an aphorism?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

HardCorps

Your not ready for the truth...!
But I'll tell it to you anyway...
you see the truth is

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

see wasn't that simple?
I gave that a star because I think it's funny. But the not so funny part is that I'm dead serious.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

introspectionist

Perhaps because there is no "the" truth, only the personal ones that live inside you.

Look inside, not outside.
edit on 30/12/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

Like a waterfall - it cannot be grasped.

Also, because there is an idea that it is elsewhere.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)
Is that from zen buddhism or something like that?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

Why is this even a thread?

WHY GOD IS THIS EVEN A THREAD?

Really? Nothing more than "why is it so hard to grasp the truth?"

What truth are you speaking of? Maybe a bit more elaboration on your part would make for a decent thread but as it is, it is not.
edit on 12/30/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)
When I see this post and the stars it got I think: a disconnect.
edit on 031231Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:03:00 -0600201400pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-30T12:03:00-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

nerbot

introspectionist

Perhaps because there is no "the" truth, only the personal ones that live inside you.

And how do you know that that is the truth? (this sentence can be interpreted in two different ways that I know of)
edit on 051231Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:05:50 -0600201450pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-30T12:05:50-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

nerbot

introspectionist

I don't think think I even understand what that means.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Let's say someone somehow discovers the "truth" and exposes them for all to know.What would you think happen then?,what happens if we know the real reason behind our creation and maybe the creator itself? Does knowing the truth make us any happier or better as a result,and how?...Does it make foods taste any better or sex any hotter or sleep anymore desirable?...Does that make us to love more or to do something better at all?...just wondering.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Interesting. From what you quoted me to this~ is literally one in the same.

"The sum of man’s desires is referred to as his heart. Since the nature with which we are born is absolute egoism, man does not feel the spiritual point in his heart. However, at some point in one of his reincarnations, man begins to gradually strive towards attainment of the causes of life, its evaluation; he yearns to attain himself, his source, just as you do right now. Man’s aspiration to the Creator is precisely this aspiration to attain his origin. Man’s discontent in life often helps him in this search, when there’s nothing that appeals to him in his surroundings. Such circumstances are sent from Above in order for man to start feeling an empty point in his heart, and to stimulate in him the desire to fulfill it."

Not missing the show that is ones life is summed up yet condrumbled through that text.

To live a life and experiance that life, and into the next to one day reach the higher self, which is "who know's what" a truth that not all believe in is a truth in itself.

I've contemplated why this world operates the way it does. It's an enigma as the countless docterines, laws, principles, morales, values, states of life life are plentiful and sometimes not. There is not just 1 truth in this world but countless. You can but it's more logical to look at all docterine and truths as the amounts are immense and collectively look at what truth(s) and what compelles you as a individual concious mind in the this progression of life you currently reside.

I've never been able to base my "personal truth(s)" off a single book, I personally had to break that mold to look at all before I started seeing that it's not what "book" one holds true but the truths that are stated throught "all books". The stories are the same, as well as the messages. It's all trivial to the truth one holds and irrelavent to anyone elses.

Yet, I think you don't just hold true to one book as why else would you post this in "Philosophy and Metaphysics". There's more to this post than your putting out.

Where are your truths at, I am not one to judge, I'd rather observe and lately I haven't been contributing as much because it's reckognizalbe on ATS that Personal Truths get attacked as illogical especially in reagards to ones ideologies.

If you don't want to answer via forum, I would love to talk more U2U as it's more personable w/o the ruckus of "passive aggressive" threaders.

Best regards and Many Blessings~

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join