It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's employee site advises workers to avoid eating fast food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Please delete if so.

Postings on McDonalds’ employee resources site are warning workers to avoid eating too much fast food – including the kind of stuff served at the golden arches.

"Fast foods are quick, reasonably priced, and readily available alternatives to home cooking,” one post on the site says, according to CNBC. “While convenient and economical for a busy lifestyle, fast foods are typically high in calories, fat, saturated fat, sugar, and salt and may put people at risk for becoming overweight."

The posts, which appear to be designed by a third party vendor, are located in the site’s ‘Health Encyclopedia’ section.

One posting bashes a meal of a burger, fries and soda – McDonald’s staples – as an “unhealthy choice.”

www.foxnews.com...

www.modvive.com...

Listen to what I say and do what I don`t do ?!

Isn`t Mc Donalds a fast food place ?!?!?!

edit on 30-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So what?

Does a gun manufacturer have to advise its staff not to look down the barrel of loaded weapons?

[edit] But it probably still does to cover its ass from law suits.... stupid people do stupid things then sue.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Oh the horror.. Why are so many people attacking McDonald these days. Its not their fault so many adults decided to make it a career choice in flipping burgers. I would have to say its encouraging for mcdonalds to instruct their employee staff not to eat fast food all the time, because if they are working at mcdonalds then chances are they definitely need some type of guidance.

The masses should take personal responsibility instead of blaming their own fat problems on everyone else. Mcdonalds would not market something that does not sell. Its not mcdonalds that makes you a failure or fat its the crap you shove in your mouth and the inadequate goals you have set for yourself.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yes McDonald's is a fast food chain and what they are stating is the truth, fast food can be bad for you if that is all you eat.

As with everything in life, a little of what you fancy is okay, but if you add enough sugar to anything it eventually becomes sugar.

I guess it's just good advice and after all they don't want their staff going off sick too often.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

McD's is a TREAT and should be thought of that way.

Not as one of the food groups.

If someone worked at a Dairy Queen, would it be so terrible to mention to employees that eating ice cream everyday might not be the best?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The people who work at McDonalds don't have a lot of money and so they probably eat on the job ... get a 'free meal' ... when they can.** The corporation is telling them not to. It would save the company money not having employees on minimum wage eat the food they are cooking. But I doubt anyone who works for McDonalds will listen.

I say that they probably eat the food while working because, when I was a teenager, I worked a while at a Roy Rogers and we would eat the food so we could have a free meal. It wasn't allowed, but we did it anyways. We made nearly zippo for money and the food was sitting there to be tossed out anyways. It saved us $$ and the food didn't get wasted. We figured win/win.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
forgot my sarcasm tag in "oh the Horror... " lol.
I agree with your sentiment totally

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I use to go mcdonalds when i was wasted and i like to drink alot but after i quit drinkin, i felt quite disgusted after ate anything from mcdonalds and so i stop going there. U know plastic flowers right? To me mcdonalds food is like plastic version of food, i suggest everyone that i know to get them burgers from these small joints all over the places, they cook from real food and its tens time tastier too! Respect to Peru and elsewhere that drive mcdonalds out their country!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I read this and went to buy a quarter pound, they removed the recommendation from their webpage after the news came out a few days ago

The quarter pound was good

www.forbes.com...
edit on 01230309America/Chicago1231 by Indigent because: added link

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't eat any fast food at all. I can eat a bowl of super hot chilly and I am fine. Any time I ate McDonald's when my daughter was young. I would have a case of the runs a hour later.
My daughter now 18 now is like refuses to eat any fast food.
consider this their burgers are only %15 beef

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Everyone knows McDonalds is unhealthy, they know it's unhealthy, they don't try and sell it as healthy, is it really that bad that they advise their employees to not eat unhealthy food every single day?

Whilst I am most certainly not any kind of MaccyD's fan boy, I call it 'toy food' and they treat their staff like dirt, we can't knock them for wanting their staff to at least be healthy?

Maybe I'm missing the point?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

we can't have it both ways. Either McDonald's is poison, or its not. If it is, then kudo's to McDonalds for advising its staff against eating poison. If it isn't, then tsk, tsk to McDonalds for not paying its staff well enough to afford the product they are serving.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Stop bashing one of America biggest recognized brand in the world, they aren't unhealthy you wont die from eating them

www.dailymail.co.uk...

and their burgers are good as a preper meal as they last for years intact

gawker.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Haaa sensible people realise the daily mail is not the most reliable source! Love how he has a whole camera team of news networks around him, but the supersize me guy just had his own personal video camera lol

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

iRoyalty

Haaa sensible people realise the daily mail is not the most reliable source! Love how he has a whole camera team of news networks around him, but the supersize me guy just had his own personal video camera lol

And the supersize me guy was proven to be a hoax.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Wow, all that proves is that eating a lot of big macs gives you a terrible haircut

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

i just took the first link i saw

www.nbcnews.com...

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

this was news back in the day, super size me by the other hand was a fake

www.theguardian.com...

i guess that one isn't reliable too, but who cares
edit on 30-12-2013 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Beatles hatter

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry for the short comment in my op.

Imagine that you are a vegetable producer (for exemple) and you use some farming methodes that make it beautiful and cheap but are not healthy to the people. So you tell "your" people they shouldn`t eat these vegetables but continue to sell it to the general public without saying anything about it. I don`t think this is an honest attitude, do you ?

You could tell everyone that although these are cheap, nice and can be tasty, it can still not be good to their heallth if they don`t consume it moderately and then it was up to them eat it or not, but I`d rather not sell it al all, but of course this is only my opinion and I don´t claim to be the owner of rightness and truth

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

CosmicDude
Sorry for the short comment in my op.

Imagine that you are a vegetable producer (for exemple) and you use some farming methodes that make it beautiful and cheap but are not healthy to the people. So you tell "your" people they shouldn`t eat these vegetables but continue to sell it to the general public without saying anything about it. I don`t think this is an honest attitude, do you ?

You could tell everyone that although these are cheap, nice and can be tasty, it can still not be good to their heallth if they don`t consume it moderately and then it was up to them eat it or not, but I`d rather not sell it al all, but of course this is only my opinion and I don´t claim to be the owner of rightness and truth

There are such things as food standards agency and to be honest if McDonald's really was poisonous they wouldn't allow them to sell it, honestly.

Personally, the service I have received from this establishment was enough to put me off them forever, but I have never been ill as a consequence of eating one thing from there.

A good balanced diet with the occasional fast food treat is fine. Just don't live off a diet of fast food, that will poison the body and make you ill. A Mediterranean diet is beneficial, with lots of veg, particularly garlic, fish, fruit and a small amount of red meat is the way to go imo, others will disagree, but it works for me.
edit on 30/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join