It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upside Down Earth and Geocentric Ideology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I recently heard a professor of Physics say, "that in relation to all other planets in our solar system the earth is upside down."

I tried to google this but was unable to verify the statement.

Does anyone agree with this and if so where can I find confirmation of this upside down earth?

edit on 30-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

There is no real up or down in space, I guess he was referring to the magnetic north and south poles. I believe he is speaking of a polar shift (the geographical south pole is the magnetic north and the geographical north pole is the magnetic south)

Geomagnetic Reversal
edit on 30-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The Earth isn't upside-down relative to other planets.

edit on 30-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Maybe he meant to say Venus, or maybe your misheard him?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
Maybe he meant to say Venus, or maybe your misheard him?

I could have.

But why do you say Venus?

Is it upside down compared to the other planets?

Are all the Planets north and south magnetic poles all in the same position around the sun?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

It rotates in the opposite direction. This could be used as an argument that Venus is upside-down.

Are all the Planets north and south magnetic poles all in the same position around the sun?

We don't know... the problem is, not all planets have magnetic poles. Mars and Venus, for instance, are planets with no magnetic fields.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

swanne

ChesterJohn

It rotates in the opposite direction. This could be used as an argument that Venus is upside-down.

I did not know that! Interesting, I would have thought we rotated in random directions, I didn't know there was a uniform way to spin

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

iRoyalty

There is no real up or down in space, I guess he was referring to the magnetic north and south poles. I believe he is speaking of a polar shift (the geographical south pole is the magnetic north and the geographical north pole is the magnetic south)

Geomagnetic Reversal
edit on 30-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

Yes he was speaking of north and south magnetic poles of our planet when lined up and compared to the other planets as being upside down. But I could have misunderstood his statement. It did intrigue me to search more.

I realize there is no up or down in space at least in conventional science seeing basically the firmament is like a giant ball container of which all the whole known universe is inside of. Supposedly the darkness beyond the stars are the sides of the firmament.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Australia is upside down then

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

swanne

ChesterJohn

We don't know... the problem is, not all planets have magnetic poles. Mars and Venus, for instance, are planets with no magnetic fields.

Exactly. I don't think it has been determined as to why it spins in the opposite direction but there are a number of theories out there. It being "upside down" in a sense is one of them.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ask Uranus, how they see us - earth is sideways

You getting news from a joke website.
Check here --- HIGH SCIENTISTS INSIST EARTH IS DEPICTED UPSIDE DOWN MAYBE

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

iRoyalty

swanne

ChesterJohn

I did not know that! Interesting, I would have thought we rotated in random directions, I didn't know there was a uniform way to spin

I have two models one of Heliocentric (solar centered) and one of Geocentric (earth centered) and when you rotate these models both show Venus in a kind of looping back and then around again rotation.

I realize not all planets have a North and South Poles however he did mention that in his study from the data collected from earth and voyager and our satellites, all the planets do have a standard rotation around the sun Except the earth. That is if the way I understand what he was saying is that heliosphere (sun) and all the other planets as one unit, are rotating around the Geosphere (earth).

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

swanne

You are right about not all planets having magnetic poles, but there is not a single planet or natural satellite that doesn't have some form of magnetic field. Even our moon has a measurable magnetic field, it is not caused by the process of geodynamo in that case, but said to be entirely crustal in origin.

Just something I would like to mention.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

NullVoid

No I found that site in my search but it is not what he was talking about. that is another argument all together.

He concluded in saying that geocentric and heliocentric views can not be proven from any point on earth or any point not only in the heliocentric system but in the entire universe because all points including the voyager space craft are all Moving. In order to truly get a accurate observation one would have to place a vehicle in space and prove that it is completely STILL in order to then proceed to calculate which view is correct.

How does one put something in space and then know for a fact it is completely still in space if everything is moving?

A true paradox.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

NullVoid

Scientists also concluded that if Earth were made of cake, it would be delicious.

PAHAHA

Just made my day

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
I recently heard a professor of Physics say, "that in relation to all other planets in our solar system the earth is upside down."

Does anyone agree with this and if so where can I find confirmation of this upside down earth?

Where is the "Geocentric Ideology" mentioned in the title?

Ah, it is several posts down

He concluded in saying that geocentric and heliocentric views can not be proven from any point on earth or any point not only in the heliocentric system but in the entire universe because all points including the voyager space craft are all Moving.

You sure he wasn't talking about solar systems in the universe? I disagree with his conclusion anyway, but...
edit on 12/30/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

ChesterJohn

Where is the "Geocentric Ideology" mentioned in the title?

The upside down earth was made by a Professor of Astrophysics who has been discussing Heliocentric and Geocentric views and in understanding there relationship to the universe.

I cannot find physical support for his statement of an upside down earth but according to him if I understood him correctly it has to do with these views of the earths current position in either of these systems of thought.

Are you saying that all points are not moving?

Is your conclusion that there is a stable and still spot in the solar system or the Universe?

If there is how can you prove it?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Are you saying that all points are not moving? Is your conclusion that there is a stable and still spot in the solar system or the Universe?

Nope. I don't remember even insinuating that.

But orbits and rotation of galaxies and gravity helps a lot in the whole geocentric/heliocentric idea.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

Are you saying that all points are not moving? Is your conclusion that there is a stable and still spot in the solar system or the Universe?

Nope. I don't remember even insinuating that.

But orbits and rotation of galaxies and gravity helps a lot in the whole geocentric/heliocentric idea.

If you disagree with his conclusion then you must have one of your own. I asked the questions to establish your conclusion or thought of which now you admit you are not insinuating any answers for those questions.

So what is your idea on this whole thing.

I think that is what helio and geo centricity is all about what rotates around what and how. The why in science is not as simple as many dont agree but all do agree the earth seems to be rotating. Gravity is caused by the rotation of the mantel around the core in the earth that is a proven fact because the ground is stable and still.

Supporters of Geocentricity do have problem in that many believe the earth itself is not moving. the mantel moves and the atmosphere moves and that caused by solar rays and waves of different type.

Over all it is hard to prove that either system of thought is correct unless an absolute spot of absolute stillness can be established for scientific observation. Once done then one will be proven true and the other false the problem is our models are still from our point of view and neither one can be proven true or false because both cause the same effects as observed from earth.

So like I said a true paradox. At least until and absolute still location can be truly established (meaning a verifiable absolute lack of any movement of the location used for scientific observation).

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

amraks
Australia is upside down then

Disappointing to hear such ignorance from a fellow Aussie,

Its not upside down..... Its on top

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join