It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2014

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

4 x >5. earthquakes in the space of 3 hours.

wonder how high it will go ????

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

No responses?,
So I take that as no one is against the idea then!??
So I'll do it.

High event count (106)but low TTNT energy release (8.625TTNT) again today for NZ,
high risk of another 5+ within the next 6 days

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

2 more versions (click image for interactivity)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

nothing of any intelluctual value to add - just letting you know a lot of people pay attention to this thread - don't want to gum it up with stupid # - like I just did.

We appreciate all the work you do and we watch....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Dorothy might not want to go home to Kansas.
Because, in the simplest terms, injecting fracking water is dumping. Dorothy's Kansas is turning into a dump. Or better yet, because injection has to do with water, a toilet. A toxic dumping ground. It really sounds like a bad sci-fi movie from the 1980's. I believe chemical dumping resulted in "Humanoids from the Deep."

Really, there's nothing new here other than the quakes are on the Kansas side of the border, and the quakes are not in Oklahoma.

www.kake.com...

There have been a few more little ones around Oklahoma but not listed.

edit on 4-2-2014 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hi and happy 2014!

I am pretty sure I felt an earthquake today but can't find any record of it ... anywhere. Almaty, Kazakhstan 12.33 pm local time. I was in my classroom (I'm a teacher) when I felt a shake that lasted around 5 seconds or so. The speakers hanging off the side of my whiteboard where shaking quite heavily, that's what made me convinced it was an earthquake.

But none of my colleagues has felt it and again, nothing on the usual websites.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Call me crazy or whatever, normally I don't believe in stuff like this, but since yesterday, I have a really bad feeling in my guts about an earthquake in Tokyo or Osaka, maybe Teheran.
I am not sure why, I just feel like something like this will happen.
Like I said normally I don't believe in feelings like this, but somehow this is constantly there since yesterday.
I hope I will be wrong and I am 99% sure I will be wrong.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hm, another one heard from the Cuban peanut gallery...

M4.3 - 26km NNE of Marti, Cuba 2014-02-05 03:19:31 UTC

Nearby Cities
26km (16mi) NNE of Marti, Cuba
31km (19mi) NW of Corralillo, Cuba
41km (25mi) ENE of Cardenas, Cuba
44km (27mi) E of Varadero, Cuba
159km (99mi) E of Havana, Cuba

Not sure what to make of that, to be honest. My eyebrow wants to go up to the stratosphere, but my common sense side wants to tie it to the PR Trech quake's influence on the plate.

Real quick edit: Before anyone quips, "That's quite a distance from the Trench, Nyiah", yes, I know. I'd imagine, however, that that big of a quake would get things moving and/or jostled along it for quite a ways, even that far NW & after time. Sort of a shuffling & resettling along the plate.
edit on 2/5/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: Or duh, it's probably related to the previous Cuban quake. SMH, I need to just go back to bed. Too little sleep and way too early for me to try to think productively yet.
edit on 2/5/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
14 day aftershock update for Eketahuna 6.3Mw of 20/01/2014
summary
mag1= 1153 ,
mag2= 494 ,
mag3= 62
mag4= 2 ,
mag5= 0 ,
mag6= 1
total= 1712
total energy released= 28,514.098 TTNT
42 maps
4 graphs

(click image for interactive maps,
opens in new tab/window)
(be patient!)

(click image for larger version, opens in new tab/window)

I hope Xcel added those figures up correctly, I lost the plot at 4 days, after the 28th Jan data download malfunctioned and I had to get it directly off Geonet.
Still no M5 (one magnitude less than mainshock (Baths Law))

back to Kefalonia!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
An interesting read on frost quakes:

news.msn.com...

Source: MSN News
WOQ
edit on 5-2-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If I'm looking a GEE correctly, it looks like a fair- sized quake just hit near the central California coast.
Waiting on SCEC/USGS....

Meh, Mag 4.3 4.2 San Simeon, CA. A bit of oblique-thrust slip, but nothing to get excited about.

edit on 2/6/2014 by Olivine because: update

edit on 2/6/2014 by Olivine because: downgraded...shocking!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Olivine
If I'm looking a GEE correctly, it looks like a fair- sized quake just hit near the central California coast.
Waiting on SCEC/USGS....

Meh, Mag 4.3 4.2 San Simeon, CA. A bit of oblique-thrust slip, but nothing to get excited about.

edit on 2/6/2014 by Olivine because: update

edit on 2/6/2014 by Olivine because: downgraded...shocking!

Quite a few 3's and 4's in that junction area in the last couple of months!!

Just sayin'!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Kelafonia, Greece, 6.1Mw, 26/01/2014 and aftershocks page has been revised, but not with new events.
The original data came off NOA Recent Quakes page, which only has 2 decimal points for the Lat/Long co-ordinates, and has no named locations.
The NOA Revised Monthly Lists page gives 4 decimal points and the names such as x km from y etc
The comparison is shown below. The difference is subtle, until you see 372 markers together. The original events are laid out in a grid like fashion. This doesn't usually show up until you have hundreds of markers in a confined area, but it is one reason I have never used EMSC much, they also run on 2 decimal points.
I guess to most people it doesn't really matter, it was 12 days ago after all since the first quake, a 2nd M6 has occurred with another 236 aftershocks from that one to get your head around.
However for us "Archivists" accuracy is important!, when the 2nd M6 comes on the maps the aftershocks of that will have both the elapsed time from the 1st M6 and also the elapsed time from the 2nd M6, something I also did for the Cook Strait series in July/Aug 2013.
All this helps when comparing series to series.

click on the image for one a wee bit bigger

edit on 02u363614 by muzzy because: never seemed to have this trouble when I was at school, writing with a pen rather than a keyboard seemed easier

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Yeah interesting. Wonder what the TTNT energy released number was, a few grams???
Reminds me of the Ice Quakes in Antarctica, there was apparently some of M7 size at one time, can't remember the link sorry.
McMurdo/Scott Base IRIS recorder records heaps of trace signals, but its hard to tell if they are from Ice Quakes or Mt. Erebus volcano (SB alternative siesmo here)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Mag 6.5 Vanuatu EMSC

Magnitude 6.5 - Vanuatu Islands (186) [T]

Location in Google Maps
  • Date-Time: Friday, February 07, 2014 @ 08:40:12 UTC
  • Earthquake location: 15.057°S, 167.302°E,
  • Earthquake depth: 111.2 km
  • Distances:
    27km (16mi) E of Port-Olry, Vanuatu
    54km (33mi) NNE of Luganville, Vanuatu
    315km (195mi) NNW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu