It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Chinese moon landing anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
And there was me hoping it was real......

I saw this and it kinda kicked me in the teeth. Can anyone debunk the debunk?.....please?

Seems pretty legit to me.......or am I being sucked in?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Is the audio on the vid correct, that China will not release any more pictures or information from their rover? Bummer. Way to join and enrich the human race, China. That would be like if Mars Rover Curiosity landed, the U.S. showed a few photos, then announced that no more public photos would be released (thus depriving Arken on his discoveries). Bad China, bad.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Do people not actually listen to the words being spoken?

What she says is that it is the last time the two will photograph each other, and the next step for Yutu is to actually go do some exploring and put some distance between the two craft.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

onebigmonkey
Do people not actually listen to the words being spoken?

What she says is that it is the last time the two will photograph each other, and the next step for Yutu is to actually go do some exploring and put some distance between the two craft.

Thank you! I'm glad that's what was said, and not a total end to the rover pictures/vids. The last time I actually listened to words being spoken I was twelve, trying to tell a woman about the constellations and their place in human history and she said "Leave me alone, creep". From then on I figure everyone's saying what mom did, so I just blabber on.

EDIT: Actually the woman said that, and the deep talking male voiceover does say they are the last pictures which will be released. So maybe he didn't listen to the words being spoken. Time will tell, like it usually does.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Did I just see 2 little eyes and what looked like a beak under that one rock?

Must be number 57 on the menu "Peeking Duck"

Is this just a case of a "Wanton Soup" of obfuscation, number 86

Or simply a case of "Prawn Crackers", number 96

If it is a hoax, it's a very expensive one, unless the rocket never took off and that was CGI as well.

Perhaps Pixar are releasing a new version of that old favourite "Last In Space" or it is a damaged version of that Muppet favourite "Swine Trek", it's definitely a Space Oddity whatever the date!

No, I think the Chinese are to be congratulated on their success, and like any Chinese Takeaway, once you have finished you still want more...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Well aren't these things supposed to beam data back to China?If so let's see it.Simple enough.Or could the data be forged also?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Perhaps they don't want the NSA and the TOR network grabbing their secrets?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You are being "sucked in" as you put it.

1) The person talking in the video makes a completely false claim: that China will not be releasing anymore pictures to the public. As the news woman said, it's is images taken by the lander and the rover of each other that will cease, because the rover will be moving on to explore and do science.

So the video opens up with a lie.

2) Dual pictures of the rover side by side in the video: claiming that the shadow of the rover had not moved, yet anyone can clearly see that yes, indeed the shadow of the rover HAS moved.

2nd lie in the video.

3) The lander's shadow has also moved in the pictures being compared.

3rd lie in the video.

4) The panorama's frame only goes so far to the top, then stops. The picture ends. It's not CGI, it's where the picture ends.

4th lie.

5) The color of the terrain is different than in the Apollo missions.

So? I guess the terrain on Earth being different colors in different areas, because the terrain make up is different, means the Earth is fake?

A rover lands in the Sahara Desert and takes pictures. Later another rover lands in Ireland and takes pictures. Ah, different colors! Must be fake!

Get back to us when the rover from China get's to an area that one of the Apollo landings is at, and then show us that the terrain is not the same color then.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

LOL!!

I've been to the moon. There's nothing much to see there anyway. So..muh..

You believe me ..right?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Where the video shows two pictures of the rover (taken from the lander one week apart), claiming that the shadow points the same direction: in the first image the rover is to the north of the lander (so the shadow points west), and in the second image the rover is to the south of the lander (so the shadow points east). I know where the rover was because I looked at the LRO images of this place, and the traverse map:

The panorama issue is because it was TV camera's recording of the panorama displayed on a big screen. In fact, it seems all of the images we've seen so far are recordings/photos of the actual images displayed on a screen, hence the colouration and brightness falloff.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is the second spoof video. The last was about making comparisons between Apollo and the Chinese achievement, and that the Chinese had landed the rover at one of the Apollo sites and there was nothing there, which is of course rubbish. That time was a lady's voice with effects, just like the guy voice is affected here.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks all, after putting my "should have listened more carefully" head back on I can indeed see I have been sold snake oil.

Happy new year everyone!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

smurfy
That time was a lady's voice with effects, just like the guy voice is affected here.

That was a synthesized computer voice. That alone sets off a big red flag for me right there.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

TDawg61
Well aren't these things supposed to beam data back to China?If so let's see it.Simple enough.Or could the data be forged also?

If data is being beamed from the Moon to China, then it could also be intercepted by other countries, they are using radio, not a point-to-point laser. Don't tell me NASA or the NSA could not intercept and decode the information. For sure the Chinese mission will be under military control (as is NASA actually) so perhaps the Chinese mission is really 99% for military purposes, and the images supplied so far just to make us think it is all open and above board.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Now spotted by NASA

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Curious about the 'static' shadows...if the rover is there (and i do think it is actually there btw) the shadows ought to move as the Sun angle changes (obviously).

Are the images shown in the clip taken at more or less the same time? Or are they purporting to be taken on different days?

Then again, finding a NASA style image repository online (for me at least) is proving a difficult task...maybe i'm not looking in the right places, but i can't find any other than the ones reposted by space websites and news papers.

Is there a central location to download hi-res images? If so, i'd be grateful if anyone can post a link.

The other option, is the Chinese are doing the same thing NASA has done...send a probe, discover things that according to orthodox history ought not to be there, send a rover to take close up and personal images to determine the what's, who's and why's of some of what they discovered, and then doctor the images released to the public to hide the anomalies (as much as possible) and maintain the orthodox history...for whatever bloody reason they imagine is important to do that.

Anyway, the shadow thing is curious..but not difinitive unless they photos are supposedly taken days apart..then it's fishy.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Junkheap

smurfy
That time was a lady's voice with effects, just like the guy voice is affected here.

That was a synthesized computer voice. That alone sets off a big red flag for me right there.

Doesn't for me.

There's many legit reasons people would use a simulated voice on their clips...languages can be tailored for foreign audiences, handy if you don't speak the lingo...if you feel you have a bad speaking voice, a computer generated one might be clearer to understand, perhaps the author has a bad stutter for example or some other speech impediment.

Maybe the author is young, and feels that would detract from his or her credibility.

Maybe they don't want to risk people who might know them personaly, discovering they are into Lunar conspiracies..perhaps in the author's circles, it would be seen as uncool or something.

Loads of legit reasons to use such a voice.

new topics

top topics

join