It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of the Species: Rise of the Reptilian Alien Mythos and Its Unlikely Source

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Where in my post did I call anyone an agent? Obviously a lot of people here have problems with reading comprehension.

The OP is wrong. Not a big deal, if a person can be humble enough to admit it. However, putting words in people's mouth and fighting a lost cause says a lot about a person's character.

Now if you care to have adult like discourse, I'm game. If you are just going to babble nonsense then PM me as not to take up needless space.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

Oh, really?

Really.

Maybe just read it again. It's really informative. I never really paid much attention to the alien reptile people before but it apparently is a hot topic. What's your opinion of insect people? Why don't we have tree people or frog folk? Why don't the alien mouse men abduct anyone? So many questions, so little time.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Your exact wording was quoted in my post.

Accusing those with whom you disagree of "spreading disinfo" is not only cliche', but a poor substitute for intelligent discussion. Recitation of fringey buzzwords does not make one look like the smartest person in the room.
edit on 5-1-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

The OP is wrong. Not a big deal, if a person can be humble enough to admit it. However, putting words in people's mouth and fighting a lost cause says a lot about a person's character.

You have really lost me. The OP is obviously 100% correct. Why do you insist otherwise? Do you really think that everyone who disagrees with you is a disinfo agent? Reptilian are not real. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

How is the OP wrong? Throughout the thread I feel as though the OP has only been reinforced...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

draknoir2
Your exact wording was quoted in my post.

Accusing those with whom you disagree of "spreading disinfo" is not only cliche', but a poor substitute for intelligent discussion.

In fact, it could be characterized as "spreading disinfo," couldn't it?

Harte

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

raymundoko

How is the OP wrong? Throughout the thread I feel as though the OP has only been reinforced...

Ok. Here goes. This is my last attempt in this thread for now. I will try to put this across in the most understandable way possible.

The OP is wrong in this sense;

The OP originally presents itself through the choice of title as an explanation for the Reptillian ALIEN mythos. The pretext is the question 'what is this reptilian stuff and Draco about'. The general Reptilian mythos floating about these days extends well beyond that, but we'll let that slide. Our focus is aliens from Draco or whatever.

Under the premise of explaining the 'alien' aspect 3 main points or sources of myth are cited. These are;

1) A scientists claims in 1982 regarding the fact the Troodon could've carried on evolving into an intelligent, humanoid creature.

2) The TV show 'V', from 1983.

3) David Icke.

1 of the 3 main 'sources of myth' has absolutely NOTHING to do with aliens. The OP claims the Dinosauroid sparked the Reptilian-alien link, but that is not true. What about all the associated Earth-Reptilian theories and stories pre-dating and possibly influencing the Troodon thought experiment? There is a WEALTH of it out there.

Icke talks of an 'interdimensional' group of entities, that can be perceived through the use of substances such as Ayahuasca, and control our reality from outside by plugging themselves 'inside'. I've heard Icke claim them being alien and non-alien, but that is not the core part of his theory. This doesn't really sound like your standard reptilian hypothesis. This sounds more like the Watchers/Archons/Jinns/Avatars/Angels and Demons, and so forth.

So, what influenced Icke's Reptilian twist? The OP makes the assumption it is 'V', but an honest and balanced investigation should also look at what Icke claims as his influence - which is 'shamanic/sacred' substance use and ancient mythos. So, why are these aspects not covered in the OP, especially with a juicy amount of content, some of which I covered in my first reply to this thread.

There is no mention of the abduction experiences pre-dating the 80s. This is misleading, and would suggest to someone that ALL reptilian abduction experiences are subconscious manifestations of the show 'V'. This isn't the case. The idea was apparently around prior.

Star Trek had Saurians before 1980. No influence at all?

The Dulce base rumours and associated Reptilian/Grey stories were floating in the late 70s and early 80s. This could've been an influence for the Troodon hypothesis.

The idea did not originate from 'V', and yet that is strongly suggested in the OP and throughout the thread. We are discussing the origins of the Reptillian-alien mythos, right? Since that is how the thread presents itself.

If we want to discuss pop culture, then it was probably Icke and not 'V' that really did the job. But in that case, shouldn't this thread take a deeper look at Icke's view and the origins of that? But obviously, that just doesn't seem an option for some people.

Credo Mutwa, storykeeper of the Zulus, claims that a Reptillian race interacted with us in our distant past. Why is this not mentioned? The point isn't in the truth of the myth, but to simply raise awareness to all the influences. If Credo Mutwa doesn't count as an influence, what does? Marvel comics even adopted a Reptilian race called the Chitauri AFTER Mutwa's story.

But wait!, we can't just be discussing the 'alien' myth surely, since we have the OP mention Earth-Reptilians, Alien-Reptilians and 'Interdimensional'-Reptilians! What the #! We must be discussing this whole whacked out Reptilian mythos, right? Otherwise the thread is incomplete regarding all the alien influences. But we are being insisted that this is about the reptilian-aliens from Draco...

So...what is this thread actually saying? Firstly, its starting with the interpretation of the Reptilian mythos as a Draco occupying Reptoid race; based on the limited question received, and cites 3 sources of origin for this. All 3 sources actually don't fully line up with that ('V' coming the closest in terms of the question yet Draco isn't involved).

Secondly, all 3 sources actually have distinct origins regarding the other parts of the Reptilian mythos, which have been ignored under the interpretation in my first point. The origins of these beliefs are not considered at all, and yet it is through these origins that you get the entirety of the modern Reptilian/alien mythos.

This is made impossible from the start, as the OP begins with the 'end point' of the Mythos as a Reptoid from Draco and works 'evidence' to fit that explanation, ignoring sources pre-dating and during the same time period. This is because 'V' is taken as the complete origin of the Reptilian-alien mythos and hence controls our 'timeline'.

It is incomplete in regards to the whole range of alien interpretation origin, which is still significant.

The full origins of Earth-reptilians (possible origins of Troodon theory) and associated left earth/return as aliens ideas? The full origins of Ickes theories? I'm going in circles.

But whatever, # it, lets ignore all that.

Here's examples of Reptilian/Reptilian aliens as relative UFO pop culture pre-dating the 80s:

Maurice Doreal: 1920s/30s. Writes stories and pamphlets regarding an alien serpent race that warred with man a long time ago, and possessed powers that allowed them to shapeshift to human like form. He claims to have translated tablets from the Great Pyramid and says 'gradually the serpents and those who called them took over control of the nations'.

Ref; Barkun, A Culture of Conspiracy, p. 115, 119, 120.

H.P Lovecraft; general alien god entity mythos. Reptilian specific: 'The Nameless City' - 1921.

Ernst Dickhoff - Agharta; 1950s book speaking of an alien Reptilian race who exploited the 'pre-flood' tunnel system on Earth and stayed there, eventually attempting to control mankind.

There's more...

Perhaps, wrong is the 'wrong' word here. The OP is incomplete. The logical sequence presented isn't correct. The concepts presented (intentionally and not) of Reptilian aliens/rulers/from earth/shape shifters/interdimensional entities ALL pre-date the cited sources considerably, from decades to thousands of years.

Remember, this is not about 'reinforcing' whether the 'reptilian stuff' is true or not, but raising awareness to the origins of the mythos. And really, not just one fractional interpretation of it, but the entirety of the mythos, since the sources used encompass them.

The actual modern Reptilian-alien mythos goes well beyond the scope of the OP. Even if I was asked by someone about this 'reptilian stuff' WITHIN AN ALIEN CONTEXT,
and specific to Draco, I would still provide the whole range of origin, because it is only fair. But I guess a limited question gets a limited answer.

If someone asked you what's this 'God and Heaven' stuff about, would you only use the Bible and the Quran as your interpretation and hence explanation? And would you not look at their influences or origins at the very least? Why limit their viewpoint on the origin of an idea. That's effectively what this thread's doing.

But whatever, it's cool. If the OP resonated with you, let it be.
edit on 5-1-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

And humans became the only... humans out of all animal species because one day their brain evolved mind... cool.. not. Not a single person can give explanation of the evolution of the human mind compared to animals.. when we are gonna be skeptics let's be skeptical about claims even written by the main stream if remain nothing more than a theory. That is not to say physiological evolution did not happen, it's just that why a race of reptoid species living underground and with human mind is not impossible.. now go prove that every single story

or the pics in one thread I posted about his encounter in Olympia, WA are lies. I will let you know I have given that person the 'nay saying' all the time and I could notice he seemed sincere in seeing something unusual, I never showed him I believe him but I did not find him lying..

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

nice post. I like your presentation.
I'm not an expert on these fields but I just want to offer my opinion.

IMHO, the reason why most people cannot perceive 'otherworldly phenomenon' is because their mind are reliant/locked on set of materialistic beliefs (that they feel comfortable with)

What i mean by materialistic beliefs is Something is True if that Something can be 'proven' by perceivable objects, even if it is just writings on scriptures or by listening to people's testimonies (from conversation with them). Anything that can only be 'proven' through Five Senses perception.

And what makes even more challenging is that our minds love to stay in comfortable zones, for example, if someone convince you that his experience is truer than you, your mind would probably get offended and refused to open a little bit for possibility.
Can you open your mind to a liar before he could finish his speech? Most likely no, our minds would quickly close the space, and continue judging every one of his words.

You can't convince flat earth believers that earth is a sphere just like you can't convince most scientists that aliens do exist.

But who are the correct ones? IMHO, all are correct from their own POV
Everyone perceives reality differently.

peace
edit on 7-1-2015 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2015 by dodol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join